• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

Jasonb   

Get the feeling Frank has been found out now by the opposition managers.

I think they have realised if you put a man in front and behind Tammy you can stop Chelsea's build up play. Noticed a few times with Kova's though balls being cut out. 

Well Tammy is injured yet we didn't score without him.

When we are losing or drawing with 15 minutes to go I would like to see Frank be bold and go three at the back and bring Bats on as a second striker, just don't have him leading the line yet more to be ready for knock downs or one-two or even as a foil for other players.

He seems to be our best finisher just not a 90 mins player for me.

Edited by Jasonb

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I think they have realised if you put a man in front and behind Tammy you can stop Chelsea's build up play. Noticed a few times with Kova's though balls being cut out. 

I am not sure any of this makes sense 

We have played one game with Tammy where he didn't score (City) then he was absent for the WH game....... 

• Haha 1

Seems to me if we can just sort the defence out we are in a good position, I have no faith in Zouma. We need Rudi back and to buy another experienced CB.

My prefered choice ATM is

James Dave Tomori Emerson

to mix experience and youth

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Seems to me if we can just sort the defence out we are in a good position, I have no faith in Zouma. We need Rudi back and to buy another experienced CB.

My prefered choice ATM is

James Dave Tomori Emerson

to mix experience and youth

For me AC, Zouma and FT are all ok if they were CBs 3 and 4. Good squad players, but not solid enough at the top level.

Rudiger plus a new signing (someone experienced) and 2 of those 3 would leave us in a great position. Presume Zouma or AC would be the one to go. 

On 12/3/2019 at 3:25 PM, paulw66 said:
On 12/3/2019 at 1:19 PM, Jasonb said:

I think they have realised if you put a man in front and behind Tammy you can stop Chelsea's build up play.....

I am not sure any of this makes sense 

We have played one game with Tammy where he didn't score (City) then he was absent for the WH game....... 

And then on his return he scored and set up Mount - who was standing right behind Tammy.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

For me AC, Zouma and FT are all ok if they were CBs 3 and 4. Good squad players, but not solid enough at the top level.

Rudiger plus a new signing (someone experienced) and 2 of those 3 would leave us in a great position. Presume Zouma or AC would be the one to go. 

Yeah, been saying this for a while. For me, Zouma will be out once Rudi comes back. Personally, I think if we can get £35m+ for Zouma we should sell him and try and get a better CB. I would personally want Romagnoli but he would be tough to get. 

36 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, been saying this for a while. For me, Zouma will be out once Rudi comes back. Personally, I think if we can get £35m+ for Zouma we should sell him and try and get a better CB. I would personally want Romagnoli but he would be tough to get. 

A number of Milan players probably deserve a bit of slack as the club has been such a mess for the last 2 seasons.

I would have reservations about Romagnoli in a back four in England though. I’m not sure he would be physical enough and would likely end up quite exposed.

He has gone a little backwards from when we wanted him under Conte. Whilst he still one of Milan’s best CB’s, he has not had a good couple of years and in an easier to play back three at times.

He has a lot of qualities with the right coach/manager. I just don’t see that being in England playing 4 at the back .

He wouldn’t be that difficult to get as Italian clubs are more willing to do business for top players. I just don’t see him strengthening much, if at all,  from what we have.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

chara   

Missed the game live yesterday but watched the stream replay...much easier when you know the score and not on tenterhooks with no goal buffer but especially the second half realised just how much I was ENJOYING watching my Chelsea thanks to SFL and a different mind set.

James Tammy Puli (I hope)and Mount not just "fillers" and should all be top here for the future...not fill ins like Barkley and Drinkwater..both great let downs.

I have always liked Pedro but his race is run and Giroud whilst a good buy when he first arrived is past his time here....watching Tammy's movement and all round involvement it is plain Giroud has no place. Bats is Bats and will never be anything but a backup here..shame.

Thank you Frank for putting a smile back into our club..and me.

• Like 1

On 3.12.2019 at 2:19 PM, Jasonb said:

When we are losing or drawing with 15 minutes to go I would like to see Frank be bold and go three at the back and bring Bats on as a second striker, just don't have him leading the line yet more to be ready for knock downs or one-two or even as a foil for other players.

He seems to be our best finisher just not a 90 mins player for me.

I don’t know about this. To me the obvious way to defend us is to stretch the team as much as you can. Play with great distances between players and avoid playing a very low and compact defensive block. 

I thought Aston Villa got it right tactically in the first half by doing exactly that. The tactic left acres of space all over the pitch but with no Jorginho, and Kante/Kovacic in the middle, it wasn’t very risky. We depend a lot on Jorginho. Especially as we don’t have any good ball playing CBs. 

chara   
On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:19 AM, Jasonb said:

All coaches/managers(and players) get "found out"...it's not rocket science . Remember going waaay back and a simpler time but it was said every full back knew what Stanley Matthews was going to do BUT........ same can be said today....tactics also rely on players being on form and my favourite word at the minute" randomness" in the game if it were chess with set moves imagine what a boring game it would be.....again it's up to oppo coaches to try and nullify Chelsea's game and for SFL to present enough problems so as to WIN!..same for all coaches....