• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

For me AC, Zouma and FT are all ok if they were CBs 3 and 4. Good squad players, but not solid enough at the top level.

Rudiger plus a new signing (someone experienced) and 2 of those 3 would leave us in a great position. Presume Zouma or AC would be the one to go. 

So , Its ok to consign the three CB's above to the stiffs but Kepa gets a pass ? ;-)

Tomori in particular is worth persevering with in my opinion . He's had half a season where he's learning on the job , Zouma and Christensen are far more experienced and considerably more underwhelming .

In my humble opinion Rudiger and Tomori would be a cracking partnership.

Mind you with Azpillicueta on the wane and two flawed left backs coupled with a far more Cavalier approach it's no wonder we look fragile in defence . 

Kepa hasn't had a great season but has a high ceiling ( sadly he 's so short he can't quite reach it , boom boom )and hopefully he's going to get a new goal keeping coach and younger and better competition to focus his attention.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Kepa hasn't had a great season but has a high ceiling ( sadly he 's so short he can't quite reach it , boom boom )

It's OK, we've lowered the bar this season.

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

So , Its ok to consign the three CB's above to the stiffs but Kepa gets a pass ? ;-)

Tomori in particular is worth persevering with in my opinion . He's had half a season where he's learning on the job , Zouma and Christensen are far more experienced and considerably more underwhelming .

Mind you with Azpillicueta on the wane and two flawed left backs coupled with a far more Cavalier approach it's no wonder we look fragile in defence . 

Kepa hasn't had a great season but has a high ceiling ( sadly he 's so short he can't quite reach it , boom boom )and hopefully he's going to get a new goal keeping coach and younger and better competition to focus his attention.

Not what I wrote at all.

To compete back at the highest level, we need to sign a world class centre back. I haven't met or spoken to anyone who disagrees with that. If we sign that player, we will have 5 CBs in total, so one must surely go. I would have no problem if 2 out of those 3 were CBs 3 and 4. Then it would start to look closer to what we had in our pomp. 

I agree Tomori is worth persisting with, so I would expect one of Zouma or AC be the one to go. 

paulw66   

Some things of note that have been festering over the weekend

1. Us and Norwich are the only two teams to have zero points from losing positions in the league this season. When we concede first we lose. Points to a lack of charcater from the players and or poor in game management from Lampard. 

2. Our reluctance to make any sort of tackle is really holding us back. As I pointed out in another thread, our recent 3 defeats have yielded zero yellow cards and against West Ham, quite incredibly, zero fouls. 

3. We keep chopping and changing the defence, as obviously we dont know what the best 4 is....... I think I would rather we stuck to a 4 and gave them a run of games and see what happens. The constant change of personnel isn't working. 

4. Zouma is too clumsy and AC is too weak for either to be first choice at a club which has our ambitions. AC has really regressed since playing in a 3 under Conte. 

5. We have tried 3 different left backs in the last month. Again, I think I would rather we backed one and gave them a run. Personally I think it has to be Emerson. 

6. With Pedro out of favour, and CHO not adding anything, our lack of options in attack is hurting us in terms of being able to change a game (see point 1). The drop down from Tammy to the next CF is also too big. 

7. When we win a corner, we may as well save time and just give them the ball back. It was the same last year, none of our defenders are a threat. Long gone are the days when JT, Ivanovic or even Cahill would bail us out of a poor performance by coming up with an important headed goal. We had 5 corners on Saturday, and at least 3 were the perfect trajectory, far enough away from the GK, over the first man and head high in between the posts........we didn't get near any of them. 

8. Why are so sh*t at this time of year, every year? 

9. January could be interesting.... Centre back has to be a priority, then forwards, hopefully 2 of them. 

21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Some things of note that have been festering over the weekend

1. Us and Norwich are the only two teams to have zero points from losing positions in the league this season. When we concede first we lose. Points to a lack of charcater from the players and or poor in game management from Lampard. 

2. Our reluctance to make any sort of tackle is really holding us back. As I pointed out in another thread, our recent 3 defeats have yielded zero yellow cards and against West Ham, quite incredibly, zero fouls. 

3. We keep chopping and changing the defence, as obviously we dont know what the best 4 is....... I think I would rather we stuck to a 4 and gave them a run of games and see what happens. The constant change of personnel isn't working. 

4. Zouma is too clumsy and AC is too weak for either to be first choice at a club which has our ambitions. AC has really regressed since playing in a 3 under Conte. 

5. We have tried 3 different left backs in the last month. Again, I think I would rather we backed one and gave them a run. Personally I think it has to be Emerson. 

6. With Pedro out of favour, and CHO not adding anything, our lack of options in attack is hurting us in terms of being able to change a game (see point 1). The drop down from Tammy to the next CF is also too big. 

7. When we win a corner, we may as well save time and just give them the ball back. It was the same last year, none of our defenders are a threat. Long gone are the days when JT, Ivanovic or even Cahill would bail us out of a poor performance by coming up with an important headed goal. We had 5 corners on Saturday, and at least 3 were the perfect trajectory, far enough away from the GK, over the first man and head high in between the posts........we didn't get near any of them. 

8. Why are so sh*t at this time of year, every year? 

9. January could be interesting.... Centre back has to be a priority, then forwards, hopefully 2 of them. 

Can’t really disagree with any of this. Except bit harsh on CHO. It’s time to bring him back in and see what he can offer, though I agree his recent performances off the bench have added nothing.

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Can’t really disagree with any of this. Except bit harsh on CHO. It’s time to bring him back in and see what he can offer, though I agree his recent performances off the bench have added nothing.

It might be a bit harsh, and maybe it is because of injury / inexperience.....none of that helps us though in the short term where we need some output. 

Standing here saying we may have a player who will be good enough in 6 months time doesn't get us any points. Not his fault entirely, but as Frank said last week, if he wants to get starts, he has to add somethng in the minutes he gets. A winger coming on with 20 minutes to go agaisnt tiring full backs is just about the ideal scenario, but his imapct at the moment is close to zero.

Liverlad   
On 05/12/2019 at 7:27 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Is Tomori going to get back in the starting xi or do I need to axe him from my Fantasy Football team?

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It might be a bit harsh, and maybe it is because of injury / inexperience.....none of that helps us though in the short term where we need some output. 

Standing here saying we may have a player who will be good enough in 6 months time doesn't get us any points. Not his fault entirely, but as Frank said last week, if he wants to get starts, he has to add somethng in the minutes he gets. A winger coming on with 20 minutes to go agaisnt tiring full backs is just about the ideal scenario, but his imapct at the moment is close to zero.

We did self destruct and concede that hideous third goal soon after his introduction. Not sure on exact timings but it felt about 4 mins after his introduction.

I felt 2-1 he would have added something as we would have had possession pushing for equaliser. 3-1 just killed it . Still, he does need to show more when given his head. I think he will when starting next.