• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

ChAoS   
29 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Reports going around now are hinting that Derby will line up John Terry to take over if/when Lampard leaves. 

Interesting. We can continue to loan them players

20 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, when you kept saying Arsenal and United are better than us and that we would finish 6th. Never expected us to finish top 2. 

(I said I'd get back to your post Paul when I got to a proper computer)..

There have been times in this roller-coaster season when both Arsenal and United looked far more likely to finish above us and times when they made us look like footballing Gods. But I think I've been pretty consistent (and right) about where our club was going this season.  Here is a post I made in November  in response to someone who was getting a bit excited about our prospects :

suppose it depends on how excited and positive you want to get after 12 games? Personally, I thought 50% of those games were very unconvincing. But don't let me burst your bubble. If you see no potential problems or future issues or don't feel the last two games are worth discussing much, then more power to ya. I've nothing against positivity at all but I'll make predictions now:

1) We will probably not cement 2nd place again this season…  (we never did)

2) We will drop again from 3rd to 4th before the New Year..(by Dec 30th we had dropped to 4th)

3) If we don't buy a decent CF in the window and if we don't start playing Kante where he should be played, we probably miss out on a CL place again (Higuain for Morata was no major upgrade but secured top four penultimate game…very close.. we made it by 2 points)

4) As a consequence Hazard will be off (we know how that ended)

5) But the good news is that it's all in our own hands ( well…. Arsenal and United BOTH hit relegation form 10 games from home so we didn’t exactly take the bull by the horns. We bumbled along to 3rd, a point ahead of Spurs who lost their last game crippled by injuries and were probably focusing on CL final).   

Noblybobly CFCnet Nov 12th

Hudson Odoi transfer request - did it happen? Happy to proven wrong, but aside from tabloid guesswork, there is nothing to suggest he did.  

. - my mate Morata? Are you 12? He was hopless under Conte too, but I think the point I made months ago was at least he can move and run about. I never claimed anything else. 

Re Hudson I would say this. I've also no idea on the validity of his transfer request but it was widely reported and never denied by Hudson or the club. You mentioned in your post that you assumed Cahill must be unhappy because he was always on the bench. You're probably right. I'd say he felt pretty humiliated by Sarri tbh. But lets look at Hudson case because it has some similarities (all be it one player is on the way out and the other is on the way up). Hudson O is the Jewell in the crown of our academy. At youth level he achieved everything and has been on the radar of big clubs for a while. Pre season he looked great and ripped Arsenal apart. In the EL he looked great and proved more than just a precocious  18 year old . Also bear in mind we had an under performing side that needed pace and width. Now are you aware of the stat (and I trust its true) that Sarri didn't even see fit to put Hudson on the Premier league BENCH until the New Year!!! I know comparing Hudson with Cahill situation is a bit different but seriously.  Sarri was certainly not the right person to bring through and encourage our youth. Its interesting now to see how concerned we all are at Hudson and RLC injury absence for next season when a few short months ago Hudson was not even worthy to keep the  bench warm. Very odd from Sarri and I think some of the booing stemmed from his complete lack of faith in one of our finest prospects.

Re Morata. Ok ok I'll try and be more mature in my answer. But here's the thing. You defended this player through thick and thin. You say he was hopeless under Conte did you ever call him out over his hopelessness? I dont think so. Towards the end I think he was even wearing you down with his performances, and in the end you finally mustered "well he can run and move".... so can Usain Bolt but I don't want him in my team. The irony of all this is that their is a debate to be had now ( or post transfer ban) about whether he should return here. I am actually curious what a couple of months with Drogba as a mentor and guide might do for him. 

22 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I blame the poor recruitment on Hazard's departure. I think if we were a european force he may have stayed (he also may not have). 

Well probably. But his actual departure happened under Sarri's watch. Thats all we can say with certainty. This season Sarri bought the players in he wanted. Sarri picked the tactics. Sarri played Hazard too often as a false number 9. Results and performances post Xmas made it very uncertain that we could nail on top 4.  IMO that  wasn't a gamble Hazard was going to take as 28 years old. He is not a Europa league player. I have no proof other than it makes sense. 

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well probably. But his actual departure happened under Sarri's watch. Thats all we can say with certainty. This season Sarri bought the players in he wanted. Sarri picked the tactics. Sarri played Hazard too often as a false number 9. Results and performances post Xmas made it very uncertain that we could nail on top 4.  IMO that  wasn't a gamble Hazard was going to take as 28 years old. He is not a Europa league player. I have no proof other than it makes sense. 

This is where you lose me......... Sarri got us back in the CL, and you are blaming him because Hazard isn't a Europa league player?

Hazard wasn't sold until after CL qualification was secured. Had he stayed, he would have been playing CL football next season. (in pot 1, I might add) 

On the basis that Sarri told the board he was leaving the day after the EL final, Hazard's departure happened after everyone knew Sarri was going. If he had an issue with Sarri, that issue was no longer going to be there. 

I really don't think Hazard wanted to stay, irrespective of who the coach is/was and where we finished in the league. He has always wanted to play for RM, and this was really his last chance to do so. 

paulw66   
29 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Re Hudson I would say this. I've also no idea on the validity of his transfer request but it was widely reported and never denied by Hudson or the club. You mentioned in your post that you assumed Cahill must be unhappy because he was always on the bench. You're probably right. I'd say he felt pretty humiliated by Sarri tbh. But lets look at Hudson case because it has some similarities (all be it one player is on the way out and the other is on the way up). Hudson O is the Jewell in the crown of our academy. At youth level he achieved everything and has been on the radar of big clubs for a while. Pre season he looked great and ripped Arsenal apart. In the EL he looked great and proved more than just a precocious  18 year old . Also bear in mind we had an under performing side that needed pace and width. Now are you aware of the stat (and I trust its true) that Sarri didn't even see fit to put Hudson on the Premier league BENCH until the New Year!!! I know comparing Hudson with Cahill situation is a bit different but seriously.  Sarri was certainly not the right person to bring through and encourage our youth. Its interesting now to see how concerned we all are at Hudson and RLC injury absence for next season when a few short months ago Hudson was not even worthy to keep the  bench warm. Very odd from Sarri and I think some of the booing stemmed from his complete lack of faith in one of our finest prospects.

CHO is the jewell in the crown......we can add him to the list. Scott Sinclair, Josh McEachren, Dom Solanke, Miroslav Stoch. 

Personally, am absolutely yet to be coninced. Did well against awful opponents, and was annonymous against proper teams. Certainly did nothing to warrant starting ahead of Pedro, Willian or Hazard IMO 

As for Sarri and youth........well the youth team players have played FAR more under Sarri than any of his predecesors going back to the pre Roman Ranieri days. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

As for Sarri and youth........well the youth team players have played FAR more under Sarri than any of his predecesors going back to the pre Roman Ranieri days. 

I get the impression that words on a board room level may have been had there , Tuesday he's not ready , Saturday he's the best thing since sliced bread...

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

This is where you lose me......... Sarri got us back in the CL, and you are blaming him because Hazard isn't a Europa league player?

Hazard wasn't sold until after CL qualification was secured. Had he stayed, he would have been playing CL football next season. (in pot 1, I might add) 

On the basis that Sarri told the board he was leaving the day after the EL final, Hazard's departure happened after everyone knew Sarri was going. If he had an issue with Sarri, that issue was no longer going to be there. 

I really don't think Hazard wanted to stay, irrespective of who the coach is/was and where we finished in the league. He has always wanted to play for RM, and this was really his last chance to do so. 

Of course, to claim anything else is to put an enormous amount of bias in it. Hazard has been on his way for three seasons. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I get the impression that words on a board room level may have been had there , Tuesday he's not ready , Saturday he's the best thing since sliced bread...

That was the impression I got too.

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

And you are correct , Sarri in Feb

“If I am at the club and I want Callum to play consistently, I have to sell another winger. Otherwise the manager is in trouble.”

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

CHO is the jewell in the crown......we can add him to the list. Scott Sinclair, Josh McEachren, Dom Solanke, Miroslav Stoch. 

RLC, Michael Woods, Carlton Cole, Huth, Ampadu, Mancienne. Boga, Musonda, Nate Chalobah, AKe Traore, even once upon a time a young lad called, er, Jodi Morris.

The pre-season star on 2018 was...  Marcin Bulka.  Best thing since sliced bread (in-joke).

There must be 20 Chelsea young players this century who have been higher rated than CHO was at the start of the season.
And another 2 or 3 who won the World U17 team with him, but have gone the season without an EL sub appearance.

Trevor and George say hello.

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

2 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

And you are correct , Sarri in Feb

“If I am at the club and I want Callum to play consistently, I have to sell another winger. Otherwise the manager is in trouble.”

That sounds to me like a counter argument, not agreement.

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

RLC, Michael Woods, Carlton Cole, Huth, Ampadu, Mancienne. Boga, Musonda, Nate Chalobah, AKe Traore, even once upon a time a young lad called, er, Jodi Morris.

The pre-season star on 2018 was...  Marcin Bulka.  Best thing since sliced bread (in-joke).

There must be 20 Chelsea young players this century who have been higher rated than CHO was at the start of the season.
And another 2 or 3 who won the World U17 team with him, but have gone the season without an EL sub appearance.

Trevor and George say hello.

That sounds to me like a counter argument, not agreement.

Not really As I mentioned, Sarri makes clear his position, Not long after quick volte face and Sari ball is out the window CHO gets a run of games, now what caused that ?

As Mark said  Board interference .

Not many candidates for for Sarris change of heart are there ? So  the Board it is then

Edited by southcoastal