• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

Simon Phillips on Twitter has said that Lampard will become the manager and signing a deal until 2022. Phillips says he trusts his source implicitly?

Edited by Phoenix Blue

I believe this may be his source, a Gazzetta journo

Screenshot_2019-06-18 Nicolò Schira on Twitter.png

kev61   
8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I get the impression that words on a board room level may have been had there , Tuesday he's not ready , Saturday he's the best thing since sliced bread...

Too much common sense there Mark - maybe Sarri had an epiphany when visited in his sleep by Jacob Marley and the rest of the ghosts in 'A Christmas Carol'and told to change his ways or the sack awaits!.

20 minutes ago, kev61 said:

maybe Sarri had an epiphany when visited in his sleep by Jacob Marley and the rest of the ghosts in 'A Christmas Carol'and told to change his ways or the sack awaits!.

Clearly I'm missing something here........:).

kev61   
2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Clearly I'm missing something here........:).

It was a parody on the thought that the board didn't  intervene in Sarri's ineptitude.

3 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It was a parody on the thought that the board didn't  intervene in Sarri's ineptitude.

OK.......:).

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

This is where you lose me......... 

Paul, I think I lost you at hello. I'm sure you can keep up but sometimes you just choose not to. 

You tell me roughly the time when you think Hazard made his final decision to leave and I'll tell you mine. I've already told you in my post so maybe just read it again.Incredibly I don't think we will because far apart on that date

Then maybe find me someone who thinks he left it until this May before he let Madrid know he was interested.

Jeez.

Edited by NoblyBobly

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

CHO is the jewell in the crown......we can add him to the list. Scott Sinclair, Josh McEachren, Dom Solanke, Miroslav Stoch. 

You can add as many as you like but how many of those players were head hunted by a big money by a team like Bayern Munich for 40m? And  an 18 year old at that, who can't even make the bench in the prem, and as you quite rightly said was only allowed to stretch his legs against a bunch of lowly no hoper teams.  It almost beggars belief. Perhaps they ( and it seems the rest of the football world) saw in him something that you , Droy and Sarri didn't. 

Or maybe the Bayern thing was all media gossip too?

12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Did well against awful opponents, and was annonymous against proper teams.. 

But it is a bit tricky making an impression against a 'proper team' when you're not actually picked to play against them. Is that not a fair point? First half of season not even making the bench...so yes your right, absolutely anonymous in those games.  He made an impression for England though making his debut as a sub against The Czechs and at the same time becoming the youngest ever England player to do so. Very proud moment I expect. Then he made his first full England debut in March 25th to much praise. At this point he still hadn't started for Chelsea in the Prem or against a proper team. But how was he going to force his way into this Chelsea side who were eating 'proper' teams for breakfast at this stage of the season. Well I'm actually bigging us up a bit tbh. What we actually did between Jan 5th and the end of the season ( about 20 games) was spunk away 26 points against Premiership opponents.  

CHO actually made his first season  Chelsea start on April 2nd 2019 against Brighton...a semi proper team. So spare me the 'anonymous against proper team' nonsense...your a better poster than that. And the EL and LC rounds may have been against awful teams but CHO and RLC played a big part in helping Chelsea and Sarri to two cup finals. I doubt they got so much as a nod of appreciation from him. 

13 hours ago, paulw66 said:

As for Sarri and youth........well the youth team players have played FAR more under Sarri than any of his predecesors going back to the pre Roman Ranieri days. 

Against proper teams?  

Got any stats on that? And also got any comparison s on how good those youth team players were  compared with our current bunch?