• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

BlueFizz   
On 17/06/2019 at 1:47 PM, JaneB said:

Couldn't agree more. I think I've said in the past that it's a lovely idea bringing back all these ex Chelsea players but what are they all going to do? And would they be any good? 

As far as the first team is concerned, if you have a wise manager and assistant plus a GK coach, what else is needed?

Incidentally, we rightly criticise the media but appear to believe all they're saying about Frank coming back as if it's a foregone conclusion. Which doesn't show a lot of respect for Derby. 

I think we're morally okay on the 'respect' for Derby tbh - this is closed fans forum and this thread is by its nature 'speculative'.

As I've posted here earlier, I see the specific risks appointing Frank involves, but support the move - I think these are balanced by a number of benefits he brings, one of which, I hope, will be a more supportive relationship between crowd and coach and team. One not dependent on the bods on the pitch being brilliant, but involving positive encouragement from 1 minute to 90 minutes.

A naive hope, maybe. But I'm old enough to indulge myself with a little bit of naivety and a touch of 'bromantic' love for Fat Frank! I was a tubby teen and I share his pain!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

None - and neither was CHO.  Whatever his brother might pretend.

 

 

 

But Droy it was "widely reported". You know, the phrase you often use when an obvious occurrence can't be proved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's SFL's birthday tomorrow .

Just saying' 

Edited by Mark Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

He was going to go to RM regardless IMO

And to blame Sarri for losing him as he isn't a "euroa league player" is odd, as it wasn't Sarri who put us there. 

First point: Well would say that and it is indeed your opinion. Not an unreasonable one at that but I don't agree . Read my post to Ghost.

Second point:  Conte put us there. Should have sacked him in Jan or earlier.  I said At the time that keeping him was turning Hazards head towards Madrid. IMO we still had a chance to save him.

At which stage this season did you know we wouldn't be in the EL again. I guarantee you Hazard was gone by then. This isn't rocket science that I am trying to get across. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's SFL's birthday tomorrow .

Just saying' 

What ...Frank " he's not ready" Lampard??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think we reverted to being quicker to get the ball upfield and were more reliant on counter attacking than we were previously.

Quicker to get the ball upfield? First time I've heard that to be fair.  Almost all the moaning I heard was about how slow and ponderous our football was. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

First point: Well would say that and it is indeed your opinion. Not an unreasonable one at that but I don't agree . Read my post to Ghost.

Second point:  Conte put us there. Should have sacked him in Jan or earlier.  I said At the time that keeping him was turning Hazards head towards Madrid. IMO we still had a chance to save him.

At which stage this season did you know we wouldn't be in the EL again. I guarantee you Hazard was gone by then. This isn't rocket science that I am trying to get across. 

Personally, and I dont want to get in the way of a your debate with Paul, I think Hazard made his mind up about going to Madrid years ago, it was just a case of waiting for them to actually want him.

If they had come in 3 years ago and paid the money I dont think there is much doubt he would have gone. Again, just my personal opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

 

 

 

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

As for the stats..........please name one youth product that has come through post Roman and has played more. 

Certainly. Please name me one that was close to good enough first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
25 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

I think we're morally okay on the 'respect' for Derby tbh - this is closed fans forum and this thread is by its nature 'speculative'.

 

 

Oh of course, I didn't really mean just the forum. I was thinking of how his 'appointment' is being discussed as a foregone conclusion and wonder how Derby and their supporters feel about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

Personally, and I dont want to get in the way of a your debate with Paul, I think Hazard made his mind up about going to Madrid years ago, it was just a case of waiting for them to actually want him.

If they had come in 3 years ago and paid the money I dont think there is much doubt he would have gone. Again, just my personal opinion.

Well we can think anything we like but we do need to look at where those thoughts come from.

Players think lots of things too and change their minds lots of times. Like us really. I thought wanted a boat last week but this ****** weather has put me off that stupid idea. Other players thoughts are more cut and dry. Courtois....never wanted to be here. Same for Costa I think. Hazard was different gravy in that respect. IMO Conte started the rot in the hull and Sarri out his boot through it. Might be wrong, all I'm doing is putting my case. Agree / disagree but some folks like to  twist words and posts to win an argumemt.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now