• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Which does not matter even a little, because we're talking about a manager giving the most boring, asinine answers to stupid journalist questions.

Yes.  It would be interesting to select a Conte quote about his club captain JT in early 16/17, and then one a month or two later.

Pick the quote carefully and you could "prove" pretty much anything.  Pedro or Willian, Giroud or Higuain.

JaneB   

JT just signed a new contract with Aston Villa.

Ham   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Stopped reading right there.

The level of your rudeness towards Celery/Zaffo is continually embarrassing.  He made a very valid point and you couldn't wait. 

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Quicker to get the ball upfield? First time I've heard that to be fair.  Almost all the moaning I heard was about how slow and ponderous our football was. 

I think he meant quicker as in more direct.  Our possession and completion stats would have reflected the longer balls from Luiz, more often by-passing Jorginho than earlier in the season. 

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Certainly. Please name me one that was close to good enough first. 

Quite. Just throwing in the names of other young players in the past doesn't address how ready they were and the standard and form of the players they might have been given a game in favour of.  Pedro and Willian were both very ropey at the time people were calling for CHO.  It's all relative.  

Nobody from the youth set up was displacing SFL, Essien, Drogba or Costa etc. Now, it's a discussion.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I can't help but think you're missing the point somewhat.

It doesn't matter if at seventeen he's the new Graeme Wilkins or the new Lionel Messi .

He categorically , absolutely , definitely wasn't ready for the first team , then BM came calling and suddenly he was , just like magic.

no , no , no , no , yes.

Maybe it was Uber coach Sarri's road to Damascus moment ? 

Maybe a ray of light shone down from heaven and low , he who was once blind can now see.

I can't see how anyone could see his sudden "readiness" in any other way. 

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

The level of your rudeness towards Celery/Zaffo is continually embarrassing.  He made a very valid point and you couldn't wait. 

I'll be happy to debate the point with you when you make it clear which valid point you stand behind and believe can validly be used as a starting point for an argument.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   
39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'll be happy to debate the point with you when you make it clear which valid point you stand behind and believe can validly be used as a starting point for an argument.

Ok I'll play along. This was his entire post and for the record I agree with all of it;

"RLC turned 23 years old and only just got a true taste of senior football last season at Palace. That loan move was crucial in his development and turning him into a more viable first team option. Sarri had the most developed version to utilise, so naturally it's no shock he played more than he did under prior management when younger and less experienced. 

Christensen also 23, was virtually resigned to a place on the bench and cup games against largely poor opposition (until the semi and final of the Europa League). It took Rudiger getting injured before he had any real contribution in the league. A backwards season overall considering he had 20 odd PL starts alone last season. 

Ampadu barely got a look in at all. A handful of cup appearances was the best he was afforded. A drop in standings given the impression he made last year. 

CHO was a spectator in the league until Bayern made noise and talk of a new contract stalled. Prior to that he was also living off cup appearances and a run in the Europa 'B Team' that Sarri was sending out. Sarri effectively ruled him out of the PL team and then had to later backtrack. 

Not exactly glowing report you're trying to paint"

Edited by Ham
Punctuation

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ok I'll play along. This was his entire post and for the record I agree with all of it;

"RLC turned 23 years old and only just got a true taste of senior football last season at Palace.

image.thumb.png.737aed36602c2e9466fe85644c706d8d.png

Not a credible claim for me.  

Ham   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

image.thumb.png.737aed36602c2e9466fe85644c706d8d.png

Not a credible claim for me.  

Entirely credible for me.

I know you love a stat.  Check out the actual minutes played and games started prior to Palace;

Screenshot_20190619-184809_Chrome.thumb.jpg.00960cab74a789e759986f160476964c.jpg

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

There are plenty that had the same stellar CV at 17 that CHO has/had

Solanke, Abraham, RLC, McEachren, Chalobah, PvA, Bruma, Baker, Musonda....... I am sure there are others who were part of youth cup winning teams that had international honours all through the ages.

CHO is the first one to have been given significant game time (at such a young age)

This is a culdersac argument. You throw a load of names at me and I say those players are nowhere near the talent and promise of Hudson Odoi and then you say yes they are. Thats because I rate Hudson more highly than you.  Also you have to take every player in the context of the squad they were in, the type of players they were trying to unseat, whether the team was one pushing for the title of one pushing for top 4 and whether we were in the CL or EL. The EL like this year obviously gives more hope and minutes to young players. And tbh I can't remember seeing much of those players (some of 10 years ago) to remember if they deserved minutes.

But take McEachren because I remember him. Nice tidy compact little player. Nothing that special but useful. He was part of a very good Ancellotti side. Nevertheless Carlo gave him 17 appearances in his first full season. Plus he played in some CL ties. Would Sarri have played Hudson in a CL tie?...I doubt it. 

Solanke was half decent but no Hudson. Bruma... we paid 100k for him as a 15/16 year old from PSV. Not exactly comparable to Hudson...an English lad whose been with us since he was  8 year old . Baker....went on to great things at MK Dons , Middlesborough, Sheffield Weds and Reading (wonder why he didn't walk in our first team).   

And then you very oddly add the names of players who are with us now and when Sarri was here and not playing them. RLC...should have played him much more and much earlier in the season. Abraham!!! Come on! You're shooting yourself in the foot with your own argument. Abraham for Morata at the start of the season? (yes please) Abraham instead of Higuain in Jan window (yes pretty please). I bet it didn't pass Sarri's mind for a milli second.

But back to Hudson. Tell me honestly . Do you think 5 months without even being allowed onto the bench is the right way to bring along and encourage a player like Hudson Odoi. It took Beyern and Southgate (and the board upstairs) to push Sarri it. Very poor man management IMO. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

You are confusing me with someone else.  

:

I would never do that. It was you. I made a very mental note when I read it.

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

JT just signed a new contract with Aston Villa.

Might have been in the back of his mind if Dean Smith gets the chop mid season he will get at least a few games in the hot seat.

Still not convinced Frank is our number one target, all a lot of press noise atm. Just hope whoever it is we get it done soon and it's not one of the farcical sagas, manager and player, we have seen in recent years. Really can't be mucking about this summer ban or no ban.