• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

At some point there is going to have to be an absolutely massive cash injection in the playing squad , many of our biggest name players are approaching their thirties or are over thirty .

We have a transfer ban , we can no longer rely on Hazard to dig us out of a hole .

Why go for an outsider who ,  no doubt would ask for a couple of "his" players to join with them when you can get Lampard and Morris with a working understanding of the club and the youth team set up ?

Incorporate some youth players and you limit the amount of money you need to pay out in the future and if you really want to be self sustaining ....

For me Lampard/Morris is the obvious choice .

The Ajax coach has said he's staying put for now and let's face it will be a shoe in for the Barcelona job in the future .

Nuno is on to a good thing at Wolves , they have a good side , they have good support they have money , he'd be mad to leave for our circus .

Allegri is taking a year off so would be primed to take over from either Sarri or Lampard should either fail .

Personally I think Lampard and Morris will do great things , he'll have better players at his disposal than at Derby where all his best players were loanees and the match going supporters will give him a good go .

• Thanks 1

Don’t forget the joy! Even more important than success (by a whisker).

JaneB   

From all the things I'm reading, we could be bringing back a whole team of ex Chelsea players to be on the coaching staff!!  Great in theory but not sure in practice.

In so many ways it would be so good to have Frank back here as manager but only if Roman and the board understand it would be a long term project with heaps of potential that will take time to materialise.  I wouldn't mind that at all but there's absolutely no point in appointing Frank unless it's under those circumstances and past experience doesn't bode well.

He would be a brave man to take the job, if it was offered, but he's never lacked courage up to now and I think he would find the opportunity irresistible.  Not sure the Derby fans would be too happy but that's football I guess.

I always thought Frank would move into the media full time but I actually underestimated his ambition and abilities.  Yet another interesting summer ahead.

Biggest problem at the moment in time is our squad. We are not fit for purpose as a top four side. That needs to be sorted before any manager. If the club really thinks it can rebuild us with youth products then we can all look forward to becoming West Ham. 

Bison   

4 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Biggest problem at the moment in time is our squad. We are not fit for purpose as a top four side. That needs to be sorted before any manager. If the club really thinks it can rebuild us with youth products then we can all look forward to becoming West Ham. 

You could argue that we already are. Without Hazard's contribution in 18/19 we would have finished 12th.

We lost our difference maker.

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

You could argue that we already are. Without Hazard's contribution in 18/19 we would have finished 12th.

We lost our difference maker.

Still above Eddie Howe.

5 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Given we cannot register any new players and Sarri seems to be on his way to Turin, I'm very glad that you are not the person at the club prioritising decisions!

• Confused 1

Sciatika   

Yes, the emphasis has to be on getting a squad together from the current players and loanees and maximising what they can do through tactics and training.

Frank or Jose is fine by me. I love that era of Chelsea too much and hope for as long as possible we can have people from that era involved with the team. 

It looks most likely to be Super Frank. 

Holymoly   
7 hours ago, JaneB said:

In so many ways it would be so good to have Frank back here as manager but only if Roman and the board understand it would be a long term project with heaps of potential that will take time to materialise.

I think "long term" is very subjective. Pretty much every club in Europe now adopts the Chelsea "model" of churning the management team on a regular basis and it is common to see managers "burn out" after as little as 2-3 years at a club. I can see how the immense pressure of delivering in a league with so much cash at stake for every place above relegation can end up making managers lose sleep.

I would be happy if Frank got the gig and was just able to leave under his own terms, whenever that might be. I think it would be naive to expect any more in the modern day.