• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Anyway, came in here to mention the name Luis Enrique... Suddenly without gainful employment for 'personal' reasons... 

Apparently suffering from Cancer, which is why his involvement with the Spainish team was mostly done from home.

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Thats because I rate Hudson more highly than you. 
......But take McEachren because I remember him. Nice tidy compact little player. Nothing that special but useful. He was part of a very good Ancellotti side. Nevertheless Carlo gave him 17 appearances in his first full season. Plus he played in some CL ties. Would Sarri have played Hudson in a CL tie?...I doubt it. 

You are one of a long line of punters who have stood up and been counted for one player or another.  There were those that swore blind that Josh was the next big thing and should play more.  Those that said the same about Mancienne.  Those that still say it about RLC.  Pre-season plenty reckoned we should just make Bulka GK2.  Forssell was a guaranteed 25 goal a season man (but because he got injured no one can prove me wrong).  Langley was going to be a superstar, better than Wilkins and made his debut at a younger age.  And Mickey Droy - according to one tall young lad at the time, was at the very least going to be an England regular.

Believing in one player doesn't carry an argument very far.

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I would never do that. It was you. I made a very mental note when I read it.

Pity you didn't save the link then.

I assure you I have never claimed something was true just because it had lots of press coverage.  It really is the last thing I would do.  I'm the first to challenge the media view.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Entirely credible for me.

I know you love a stat.  Check out the actual minutes played and games started prior to Palace;

2015/16 - 401 PL minutes - pretty good I'd say.  For a taste of PL football.

JaneB   
20 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Might have been in the back of his mind if Dean Smith gets the chop mid season he will get at least a few games in the hot seat.

Still not convinced Frank is our number one target, all a lot of press noise atm. Just hope whoever it is we get it done soon and it's not one of the farcical sagas, manager and player, we have seen in recent years. Really can't be mucking about this summer ban or no ban.

One way of looking at it I suppose!!

Certainly a lot of press noise!!  What an anti-climax if Frank stays at Derby.    

29 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Apparently suffering from Cancer, which is why his involvement with the Spainish team was mostly done from home.

Blimey, had no idea. 

chara   

IF SFL does take over why so much handwringing regarding "What if he FAILS?".... Same for any coach...if he has the ability it will show..if not then Thanks Frank...you are still a Legend..

Rather SFL who has an affinity with the Club than another Pretender like Conte who just shafted us after letting us think he CARED...but of course just another false dawn.

And the CHO question?.... I hope he recovers 100% and continues his development....potential is a terrible weight to carry. 

• Like 1

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

You are one of a long line of punters who have stood up and been counted for one player or another.  There were those that swore blind that Josh was the next big thing and should play more.  Those that said the same about Mancienne.  Those that still say it about RLC.  Pre-season plenty reckoned we should just make Bulka GK2.  Forssell was a guaranteed 25 goal a season man (but because he got injured no one can prove me wrong).  Langley was going to be a superstar, better than Wilkins and made his debut at a younger age.  And Mickey Droy - according to one tall young lad at the time, was at the very least going to be an England regular.

Believing in one player doesn't carry an argument very far.

Pity you didn't save the link then.

I assure you I have never claimed something was true just because it had lots of press coverage.  It really is the last thing I would do.  I'm the first to challenge the media view.

2015/16 - 401 PL minutes - pretty good I'd say.  For a taste of PL football.

4 starts compared to 21.  Yeah no real difference 🙄

1 hour ago, Ham said:

4 starts compared to 21.  Yeah no real difference 🙄

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Ok I'll play along. This was his entire post and for the record I agree with all of it;

"RLC turned 23 years old and only just got a true taste of senior football last season at Palace.

You see you are already changing the subject.

I'll leave it there, because if I chased up every false statement about RLC or CHO I'd be here 48/14.
I'll stick to pointing out the fakes that whole posts are built upon.

1 hour ago, chara said:

IF SFL does take over why so much handwringing regarding "What if he FAILS?".... Same for any coach...if he has the ability it will show..if not then Thanks Frank...you are still a Legend..

Well personally I loved seeing the back of Conte, AVB CA and The fat one.  I can't say I've really been upset at any particular manager going before Sarri (well not since the days of McCreadie and John Neal).  And not that upset about Sarri given he wasn't sacked, and plenty of others would have Sarri going at the top of their list.

So I'm dreading the day if SfL gets the push, because I really won't want it to happen.  Worse I am already quite upset to think there might be a day I want him gone. 

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You see you are already changing the subject.

I'll leave it there, because if I chased up every false statement about RLC or CHO I'd be here 48/14.
I'll stick to pointing out the fakes that whole posts are built upon.

And there it is. Droyism.

Always either ends with "ad hominem" or "changing the subject" when called out. 

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

And there it is. Droyism.

Always either ends with "ad hominem" or "changing the subject" when called out. 

I'll take that as perfect irony then.  Insult, accusation and new topic all in one post.  Quite clever actually.
I take it you have moved on too.