• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

paulw66   
18 hours ago, Ham said:

I can't see how anyone could see his sudden "readiness" in any other way. 

His "readiness" was expedited by the fact we had some cup games against lower league opponents in the FA and some lower league standard opponents in the EL.

As pointed out, he didn't start a PL game until April, but somehow Bayern's interest in January made him pick CHO him.........although it didn't. 

Holymoly   

I could have been the next Chelsea manager....then I took an arrow in the knee.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I could have been the next Chelsea manager....then I took an arrow in the knee.

Eh?

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

As pointed out, he didn't start a PL game until April, but somehow Bayern's interest in January made him pick CHO him.........although it didn't. 

quite, and had been starting FA cup and EL games before January.  Truth is the Bayern interest and the reporting held CHO back.  Perhaps the board did have a word, or pehaps Sarri just managed in the best interest of the club.

The theme of last season's forum  was

1. "sarri is an idiot". 
  2. "XXX has just happened/not happened". 
  3. That proves Sarri is an idiot.   
  4. Told you so.

He's been head-hunted by Juve now,  and CHO was brought on brilliantly despite the provocative behaviour of his family/agents.  But trying to prove Sarri incompetent  is still going on.

paulw66   
16 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

This is a culdersac argument. You throw a load of names at me and I say those players are nowhere near the talent and promise of Hudson Odoi and then you say yes they are. Thats because I rate Hudson more highly than you.  Also you have to take every player in the context of the squad they were in, the type of players they were trying to unseat, whether the team was one pushing for the title of one pushing for top 4 and whether we were in the CL or EL. The EL like this year obviously gives more hope and minutes to young players. And tbh I can't remember seeing much of those players (some of 10 years ago) to remember if they deserved minutes.

But take McEachren because I remember him. Nice tidy compact little player. Nothing that special but useful. He was part of a very good Ancellotti side. Nevertheless Carlo gave him 17 appearances in his first full season. Plus he played in some CL ties. Would Sarri have played Hudson in a CL tie?...I doubt it. 

Solanke was half decent but no Hudson. Bruma... we paid 100k for him as a 15/16 year old from PSV. Not exactly comparable to Hudson...an English lad whose been with us since he was  8 year old . Baker....went on to great things at MK Dons , Middlesborough, Sheffield Weds and Reading (wonder why he didn't walk in our first team).   

And then you very oddly add the names of players who are with us now and when Sarri was here and not playing them. RLC...should have played him much more and much earlier in the season. Abraham!!! Come on! You're shooting yourself in the foot with your own argument. Abraham for Morata at the start of the season? (yes please) Abraham instead of Higuain in Jan window (yes pretty please). I bet it didn't pass Sarri's mind for a milli second.

But back to Hudson. Tell me honestly . Do you think 5 months without even being allowed onto the bench is the right way to bring along and encourage a player like Hudson Odoi. It took Beyern and Southgate (and the board upstairs) to push Sarri it. Very poor man management IMO. 

I was listing those players who had similar reputations / achievements as CHO at the equivalent age. 

For example Solanke and Abraham were both banging in goals in the youth team's march to Youth and UEFA Youth Cup glory. Both have also played for England. Nobody had a go at Conte for not picking these players, but we should all have a go at Sarri, although Conte spent £100m on Batshuyai and Morata instead. 

RLC was available to Conte - he sent him on loan and spent £75m on two duds. Blame Sarri? 

The board pushing Sarri to pick CHO is just imagination. 

The CHO contract stand off is very similar to the Solanke situation, but the board didn't force any manager to pick him........probably becuase it is not something they do. 

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

His "readiness" was expedited by the fact we had some cup games against lower league opponents in the FA and some lower league standard opponents in the EL.

True, he didn't immediately but don't you think that would have a bit too much of "I've made a big mistake, someone else important wants him so I'll put him straight into the team the next game". In fact I thought initially there was a degree of "punishment " going on with Hudson for him putting in a transfer request. A kind of "well if you don't want to be here this is what will happen".  Maybe fair enough but the fact remains (although some will contest that the whole Beyern thing never happened) that Chelsea turned down a significant amount of money for a very young player that wasn't getting any minutes in serious games, and this must have resonated with Sarri (either through direct contact with the board or through his own reading of the situation).  It is very fair to say that he was not considered worthy of a bench seat in ANY Prem game in the first half of the season, then as an Xmas present Santa brought him some football skills.  

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sarri is at fault for not picking him.

Sarri only picked him because Bayern showed an interest.

Sarri is at fault because he still didn't pick him.

Logical.

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The board pushing Sarri to pick CHO is just imagination. 

The CHO contract stand off is very similar to the Solanke situation, but the board didn't force any manager to pick him........probably becuase it is not something they do. 

Never have and probably never will. We do however have history of NOT picking young players who refuse to sign a new contract. Maybe Sarri went against the clubs wishes by actually playing a contract rebel?

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

no , no , no , no , BM , yes .

Ok Mark, what's the actual timeline of Bayern Munichs interest to him playing more?

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

Never have and probably never will. We do however have history of NOT picking young players who refuse to sign a new contract. Maybe Sarri went against the clubs wishes by actually playing a contract rebel?

Solanke played in his penultimate year, but not his final year.  The rule, assuming it exists, is that young players don't get picked in their last 12 months of a contract.  For CHO that could be next season, but I expect he will extend.  Probably getting a proper agent in the meantime.