• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Sarri is at fault for not picking him.

Sarri only picked him because Bayern showed an interest.

Sarri is at fault because he still didn't pick him.

Logical.

Sarri was originally being lauded as being a great coach because he brought on the youth .

He didn't

Bayen Munich did / Marina

He wasn't ready , he couldn't possibly play he didn't understand the system , Gutten tag , he's in.

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I was listing those players who had similar reputations / achievements as CHO at the equivalent age. 

I know you were but I utterly refute that they were anything like as good as Hudson. And even if I didn't, one of Chelsea's past failings is not trusting youth and that doesn't make Sarri's handling of RLC and O'doi right. However if you look at what those youth players achieved after they left Chelsea it was minimal so maybe they were right not make way for them. Do you remember Wengers Kids of the 2004+ period. They were going to be the future. They were going to stop Arsenal having to compete with Man U and Chelsea purse strings. They were going to play in all the cup games even if it meant sacrificing trophies and pissing off the senior players who wanted a few medals to show. Where are those Wenger Kids now?  Lower leagues, Uber drivers or retired in disillusionment.  Its a very very delicate balance.    

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sarri was originally being lauded as being a great coach because he brought on the youth .

He didn't

He wasn't ready , he couldn't possibly play he didn't understand the system , Gutten tag , he's in.

No. The Anti Sarri brigade used lacking of playing youth as proof of Sarri's failings. What myself and others have done is say that is hugely contrary, as he picked youth players far more than any Chelsea manager in RA's tenure. 

He's in......on April 3rd, was it?

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He didn't

"He has to improve. He has to improve a lot," Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri said in his press conference ahead of the PAOK game. "First of all, the defensive phase. He has to work. He has to improve on the offensive phase – he's very good one against one, but he has to learn to move without the ball.

"He is potentially a very good player, and now he has to study and improve and work. But I think that's really very normal. He's 18, so that's normal. I want to find space for him.

"It's not really very easy because, at the moment, we have 28 players so, for me, it's not easy. Not easy to put him in the starting XI because, maybe, on the bench in the Premier League matches there was [Victor] Moses or Pedro, so it's difficult not to put that kind of player in the starting XI for Thursday.

"So it's difficult, but I'll try to find a space for him. He is in the 18 players for the match. I don't know if he will start or not."

Quotes from Sarri before the game against PAOK on 29th November, 3 weeks after he turned 18. He played the full 90 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No. The Anti Sarri brigade used lacking of playing youth as proof of Sarri's failings. What myself and others have done is say that is hugely contrary, as he picked youth players far more than any Chelsea manager in RA's tenure. 

No , as I've already stated , Sarri was lauded on here for various reasons , one of them was for playing the youth , my opinion was he didn't play the youth under his own volition , I believe he was spoken to by those above to play CHO and so capitulated.

He's a fantastic proponent of the youth , this is the bloke who stated that he thought CHO wasn't ready for the first team , saw him get picked for the England side and then didn't bother watching him ! 

I personally don't believe CHO is as good as Nobly does but that's not what I'm arguing towards .

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

My problem is that one of Sarri's big failings is being promoted by some on here as one of his finest qualities. Somebody is way way off the mark.

Which youth players did Sarri break through exactly. 

I'll just mention again that as far as CHO was concerned, he couldn't even make the bench for 5 months in the league , had his first Prem start on April 3rd (after he had been selected and started for England) and  played a total of 391 mins over a 38 game season. You're surely not talking about him are you?  

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

My problem is that one of Sarri's big failings is being promoted by some on here as one of his finest qualities. Somebody is way way off the mark.

Which youth players did Sarri break through exactly. 

I'll just mention again that as far as CHO was concerned, he couldn't even make the bench for 5 months in the league , had his first Prem start on April 3rd (after he had been selected and started for England) and  played a total of 391 mins over a 38 game season. You're surely not talking about him are you?  

24 appearances. 1167 minutes.  Not sure why people still only use premier league games to make a point.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I personally don't believe CHO is as good as Nobly does but that's not what I'm arguing towards .

The thing is Mark, I don't know how good he really is but I think we have enough evidence of his potential.

The broader issue for me is this. If CHO and RLC don't make it as Chelsea players due to not being given some serious playing time and opportunities to grow into the finished article (and I would hope RLC is pretty much there) what message does it send to highly talented young players looking for a club to develop their careers? If they have a choice they ain't coming here. And if Hudson or RLC gets sold to Beyern or United and develop into great players, how dumb will we look. RAWK will be adding a thread called "Lets Take The Piss Out of Chelsea".

If Lampard arrives here, every parent of every top talented 13 year old in the country will be considering Chelsea as a great option for their kid.

Now is the ideal time for Chelsea to start looking at our medium and long term future as a club.