• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

24 appearances. 1167 minutes.  Not sure why people still only use premier league games to make a point.

You do though, don't you? 

1167 minutes for a guy who started the season aged 17 is extraordinary. 

9 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

24 appearances. 1167 minutes.  Not sure why people still only use premier league games to make a point.

And you are using games like Malmo at home to make your point? 

But here's a thought. When we were stinking out the Premier League (dropping 26 points between Jan and May including some highly embarrassing performances )  but were progressing nicely through to 2 cup finals, had it ever occurred to you that their could be a reason for that cup progress?  

paulw66   
23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

No , as I've already stated , Sarri was lauded on here for various reasons , one of them was for playing the youth , my opinion was he didn't play the youth under his own volition , I believe he was spoken to by those above to play CHO and so capitulated.

He's a fantastic proponent of the youth , this is the bloke who stated that he thought CHO wasn't ready for the first team , saw him get picked for the England side and then didn't bother watching him ! 

I personally don't believe CHO is as good as Nobly does but that's not what I'm arguing towards .

But he didn't pick him in the league until April!

If the board were forcing / leaning on him to pick him due to the Bayern interest, they didn't do a very good job. 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

But here's a thought. When we were stinking out the Premier League (dropping 26 points between Jan and May including some highly embarrassing performances )  but were progressing nicely through to 2 cup finals, had it ever occurred to you that their could be a reason for that cup progress?  

Against very poor teams? Let me think......... 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You do though, don't you? 

1167 minutes for a guy who started the season aged 17 is extraordinary. 

No doubt when he writes his biography he CHO will name Sarri as the one responsible for his rise to stardom. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Against very poor teams? Let me think......... 

No no no! Are you saying CHO only got chances against very poor teams and thats where all his minutes came from? What use is that to him?

edit: not so extraordinary then?

Edited by NoblyBobly

paulw66   
Just now, NoblyBobly said:

No no no! Are you saying CHO only got chances against very poor teams and thats where all his minutes came from? What use is that to him?

It's a start, and it is how most youth players get their initial breakthrough, allthough most aren't lucky enough to get it as young as him. 

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Perfect sort of games for a completely unproven, raw 17/18 year old surely?

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Indeed, it certainly wasnt CHO though, if that's what you are suggesting, he didn't play in the league cup until the semi final and only played 90 minutes twice in the Europa league during that period.

BlueFizz   

... and meanwhile this thread is to discuss who will, won’t and should be our next coach.

I appreciate that several of us are planning to write books, articles or white papers on the minutae of the Sarri era and need to have these debates about his actions - but maybe somewhere else?

Edited by BlueFizz

Just now, paulw66 said:

It's a start, and it is how most youth players get their initial breakthrough, allthough most aren't lucky enough to get it as young as him. 

But not extraordinary is my point