• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

6 hours ago, chara said:

This isn't quite the right forum but I for one am very concerned about CHO (RLC and Rudiger to a slightly lesser extent). 

Apart from not being available to any new coach appointment I worry that his injury may prove detrimental to his career....going back as far as Ossie...he said himself that after his broken leg he never quite recovered the pace he had prior to his injury.

I hope for the best for all three injured guys not just in a Chelsea context but for their own futures.

It definitely falls into the category of potentially career altering - like knee injuries. But he is very young and that's a positive factor in the healing process. Obviously different sports and age groups of the athletes involved but most people would be familiar with the effect it had on Kobe Bryant's career. I would expect a sprinter like Hudson-odoi to have an even greater effect on him. 

Lampard is going to have to guide the reintroduction process and I can only remember Lamps having a couple injuries worth talking about during his entire career - the hamstring tear of 2007-2008 must have been the most significant I can recall that kept him out maybe 6 weeks during which time Ballack really stepped up. 

It would be a reasonable move from the club to see how well CHO recovers before offering him a silly contract IMO. Dont forget that this is a kid who was basically strong-arming the club. I am hoping for the best recovery for him, of course, but a tear(albeit partial) in the achilles can be a tricky thing to fully recover from.

Sciatika   

SFL had a broken leg when he was a young West Ham player.

12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is good.  But is is a B team for a squad that has about 40 B team players already (including many on loan) and only about 5 or 6 A team players.

The new manager (sadly Sarri's knowledge of the players has been lost) is going to have to make a lot of decisions in just a few weeks.  The PL season closes on August 8th ( 9 weeks today).  We desperately need 4 top players in (ideally 6 or 7, but 4 is as much as one can hope for).  And about 30 senior pros need to be sold or put out on loan (admittedly the deadline for that is 3 weeks later for moves outside Prem or abroad). At least 3 players start the season with unknown fitness and 4 or 5 over 30 with potentially rapidly declining form.

It is one hell of a job for any manager, let alone one with 12 months experience in the Championship preparing for CL and PL.

I do hope he ignores all the marginal players and concentrates on the ones like Jorginho and Kepa who will truly make the difference this season and the next.
If I were an agent I'd be pushing very hard to get my kid out on loan again.

Absolutely, which is why it’s not likely to be resolved at all this summer and should explain why I think even a top 6 finish will be a challenge for us. 

This summer we would have needed at least 3 top players - one CM, one AM and a S. But that sort of base building will have to wait until summer 2020 which probably means that next time we can challenge for the league title is 21/22 (if we have another good summer in 2021). 

6 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Welcome home Big Pete. can't say I understand entirely what his job is after reading that, but hopefully he does!

Looks like a similar job to what Emenalo did, without the title. Note he is an 'advisor' nothing more.

paulw66   

Welcome home. Arguably, pound for pound, the best signing RA ever made as a player. 

Love him. 

Edited by paulw66

Hmm , overjoyed to have him back , seems a bit of a "catch all" job title which hints to us attempting to utilise the youth more which is a way I think a few of us were thinking would be on the cards at some point .

One down .....

paulw66   
36 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Looks like a similar job to what Emenalo did, without the title. Note he is an 'advisor' nothing more.

Hope he gets a bit more love than what Michael did. 

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hmm , overjoyed to have him back , seems a bit of a "catch all" job title which hints to us attempting to utilise the youth more which is a way I think a few of us were thinking would be on the cards at some point .

One down .....

It is difficult to pin down exatly what his contribution will be from his job title......... time will tell I suppose.