• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

JaneB   

Yes, that's good news.  Welcome back Pete even if I am confused as to what exactly you will be doing.  And surely they wouldn't have announced this appointment without the incoming manager knowing.  I hope this doesn't mean that Carlo will be on his way.  I don't think we'll be needing his interpreting skills any more although who knows?

(Just want to say good luck to Fernando Torres on his retirement.  Felt really sorry for him that he couldn't regain his form with us and it was painful watching him trying his best to no avail.  Never hid.  Respect to you Fernando). 

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Yes, that's good news.  Welcome back Pete even if I am confused as to what exactly you will be doing.  And surely they wouldn't have announced this appointment without the incoming manager knowing.  I hope this doesn't mean that Carlo will be on his way.  I don't think we'll be needing his interpreting skills any more although who knows?

(Just want to say good luck to Fernando Torres on his retirement.  Felt really sorry for him that he couldn't regain his form with us and it was painful watching him trying his best to no avail.  Never hid.  Respect to you Fernando). 

I think Pete was coming back regardless. Was in the press months ago, well before the Sarri-Juve links appeared. 

What exactly is Carlo's role, anyway?

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think Pete was coming back regardless. Was in the press months ago, well before the Sarri-Juve links appeared. 

What exactly is Carlo's role, anyway?

Officially.....Club Ambassador and Assistant to First Team Head Coach.  

4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Officially.....Club Ambassador and Assistant to First Team Head Coach.  translator.

I think that's closer to the truth 😉

Edited by Bob Singleton

JaneB   
27 minutes ago, JaneB said:

As I said...…………..but thank you Bob :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hmm , overjoyed to have him back , seems a bit of a "catch all" job title which hints to us attempting to utilise the youth more which is a way I think a few of us were thinking would be on the cards at some point .

One down .....

A lot of buzzwords in his job description. I posted yesterday about concerns with the board, thing is we have all these roles 'Technical driector' (The Canadian bloke form Vodafone) 'Technical Performance Advisor' 'First Team Coach' questions still remain on who is actually running the show. They pigeon hole people into these specific, or very non-specific, job roles designed to limit their responsibility and authority yet those same people shoulder all the blame. I hope Pete and other legends aren't being inserted as stooges to get the can for other untouchables failing to do their jobs

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Hope he gets a bit more love than what Michael did. 

Looking back he was pretty successful in the transfer market, or would have been is f the players had been used. I thought he did well anyway. A lot of the animosity stemmed from him being shoved in front of the cameras as the face of 'palpable discord' which he probably wasn't to blame for

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

transfer market, or would have been is f the players had been used. I thought he did well anyway. A lot of the animosity stemmed from him being shoved in front of the cameras as the face of 'palpable discord' which he probably wasn't to blame for

I suggested to a mate (being semi serious) a while ago that we appoint someone in a role who unbeknown to the fans, actually does nothing, but is the public punchbag for when things go wrong. 

5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

It definitely falls into the category of potentially career altering - like knee injuries. But he is very young and that's a positive factor in the healing process. Obviously different sports and age groups of the athletes involved but most people would be familiar with the effect it had on Kobe Bryant's career. I would expect a sprinter like Hudson-odoi to have an even greater effect on him. 

Kobe Bryant was 34, at that stage a heavy cold can kill off your career.
CHO is 18, much much more likely to make a full recovery especially with 2019 tech.  
(Of Lampard's broken leg, a simple break is often very easy to fix if set properly).

I would hope that neither CHO or RLC are going to be starting most games next season, so I really don't see their injuries as problems.  From their own point of view it just means that they won't be sent out on loan in September (which may be good or bad news).
Rudiger is the player we' miss most, though presumably Christensen steps up in an obvious way.

The hard decisions are elsewhere.  For example keep 4 of Zouma, Zappa, Emerson, Alonso, Ampadu James, JCS, Tomori, Da Silva, Kane (assume Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen).
There is only 1 starting place for those 10.  

And that choice is going to be made mostly on the basis of the bids that come in.

Midfield (assume Kante and Jorgi) plus 3 out of Baka, Kovacic, RLC, Drinkwater, Barkley, Mount, van Ginkel, Chalobah T., Gallagher, + I hope the top class No 8 we need to buy urgently.

AM - where we have 4 players for the bench, none to start
or CF where  Bats, Higuain, Giroud, Morata, are all potential CF3s to Tammy's CF2 and teh non-existent CF1.

This is the second post in which you've mentioned buying players. 

What about the ban? 

We appear to be taking it lying down. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

This is the second post in which you've mentioned buying players. 

What about the ban? 

We appear to be taking it lying down. 

I'll worry about missing out on this summer when the other top 6 teams have bought 3 or 4 players between them.

Besides the least likely announcement of the summer is "Chelsea plan to appeal for a ban delay next week".