• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

 

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Besides the least likely announcement of the summer is "Chelsea plan to appeal for a ban delay next week".  

100%. I dont think there is anything stopping us getting the ban frozen, especially as they are not going to hear our case any time soon, other than us not actually asking for it. There is a distinct possibility that the club are waiting to appoint a manager first before deciding together whether its best to take the ban now or to ask for it to be delayed until after the hearing takes place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

100%. I dont think there is anything stopping us getting the ban frozen, especially as they are not going to hear our case any time soon, other than us not actually asking for it. There is a distinct possibility that the club are waiting to appoint a manager first before deciding together whether its best to take the ban now or to ask for it to be delayed until after the hearing takes place.

Manager appointment then ban delay and last announce any transfers does seem to be the sensible order.

Meanwhile Cech has been appointed.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/06/21/petr-Cech-appointed-technical-and-performance-advisor?cardIndex=0-1

Quote

Petr Cech returns to Chelsea as Technical and Performance Advisor. The focus of the job will be to provide advice on all football and performance matters throughout the club as well as embed and facilitate strong links between our men’s and academy teams, ensuring that the various support departments are working together effectively.
Petr will be based at Cobham and will work closely with Chelsea Director Marina Granovskaia (pictured above). His role will also align him with the men’s first team coaching and backroom staff, travelling with the team home and away with an emphasis on strategy and performance.

Who knows what that means.  Not Director of Football it seems to me.  If anything it is a role that might enable Marina to be de facto Director of Football with Cech as adviser/provider of credibility.  That sounds fine for me (but just stand by for the screams from some).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

 

100%. I dont think there is anything stopping us getting the ban frozen, especially as they are not going to hear our case any time soon, other than us not actually asking for it. There is a distinct possibility that the club are waiting to appoint a manager first before deciding together whether its best to take the ban now or to ask for it to be delayed until after the hearing takes place.

If we are planning to accept the ban then there is little point in bothering to appeal, particularly if there is any chance of it being extended. I'm still expecting us to ask for it to be frozen but would be lying if I said the fact we haven't yet is making me a little twitchy. Maybe we had to hit a deadline to submit an appeal while we decided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Manager appointment then ban delay and last announce any transfers does seem to be the sensible order.

Meanwhile Cech has been appointed.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/06/21/petr-Cech-appointed-technical-and-performance-advisor?cardIndex=0-1

Who knows what that means.  Not Director of Football it seems to me.  If anything it is a role that might enable Marina to be de facto Director of Football with Cech as adviser/provider of credibility.  That sounds fine for me (but just stand by for the screams from some).

I read a rumour that Maka was coming back for the actual director of Football role , make of that what you will..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kobe Bryant was 34, at that stage a heavy cold can kill off your career.
CHO is 18, much much more likely to make a full recovery especially with 2019 tech.  
(Of Lampard's broken leg, a simple break is often very easy to fix if set properly).

Sure. But the issue with achilles injuries isn't so much the surgical approach or the healing time - its the length of time the athlete takes to get back to pre-injury peak performance levels as the tendon itself is responsible for translating the explosive power used to push off the ground.

The American Journal of Sports Medicine actually published a paper on it and, even though 70% of the players returned more or less within a year, their physical performance levels didn't achieve peak levels until the second year. 30% of the study participants actually didn't return to sports.

Agreed about Bryant's age, but there is also Demarcus Cousins who had a pretty substandard first year back as well this year. Besides, in the context of a kid who reasonably expects to be competing with the best of the squad for a starting spot by January next year or so, not being able to generate the power needed for his greatest asset (speed) may hamper his progression significantly IMO.

Hopefully Lampard is patient with him during his recovery as the GSW didn't seem very patient with Demarcus Cousins this year but, at the same time, hopefully the club doesn't let his agent hold us to ransom over contract demands anymore either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I read a rumour that Maka was coming back for the actual director of Football role , make of that what you will..

I read he was going to be overseeing the loan players, also a rumour of course although I suspect he may be coming back just not sure what role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
47 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Sure. But the issue with achilles injuries isn't so much the surgical approach or the healing time - its the length of time the athlete takes to get back to pre-injury peak performance levels as the tendon itself is responsible for translating the explosive power used to push off the ground.

The American Journal of Sports Medicine actually published a paper on it and, even though 70% of the players returned more or less within a year, their physical performance levels didn't achieve peak levels until the second year. 30% of the study participants actually didn't return to sports.

Agreed about Bryant's age, but there is also Demarcus Cousins who had a pretty substandard first year back as well this year. Besides, in the context of a kid who reasonably expects to be competing with the best of the squad for a starting spot by January next year or so, not being able to generate the power needed for his greatest asset (speed) may hamper his progression significantly IMO.

Hopefully Lampard is patient with him during his recovery as the GSW didn't seem very patient with Demarcus Cousins this year but, at the same time, hopefully the club doesn't let his agent hold us to ransom over contract demands anymore either.

It also took Boogie Cousins a whole 12 months to get back on the court. That's on a minute restriction and with ify form upon return. 

Now we have Durant doing his achilles in the NBA final and has virtually had his 2019/20 season written off completely at this point. 

I'd be surprised if CHO returned and was able to perform at 70% capacity. Personally, I'd prefer to write his whole season off if that serves his recovery better. There's zero rush to bring him back. Same with Ruben. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

If we are planning to accept the ban then there is little point in bothering to appeal, particularly if there is any chance of it being extended.

I'm fairly sure CAS can't extend it. I know Bob was saying he had read there was a chance that we could have the ban extended if we were found to have made a frivolous appeal but my, limited understanding, is if that was to happen it would have been FIFA who would have extended it when we made the original appeal to them.

Unfortunately Bob couldn't remember where he read it, I'm not saying he's wrong, but find it almost impossible to believe that a court could hand out further punishment because an appeal against the original punishment has been lodged. It would make a complete mockery of the legal system and there is absolutely no precedent for this in any other form of life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

If we are planning to accept the ban then there is little point in bothering to appeal, particularly if there is any chance of it being extended. I'm still expecting us to ask for it to be frozen but would be lying if I said the fact we haven't yet is making me a little twitchy. Maybe we had to hit a deadline to submit an appeal while we decided.

I guess the possibility of the club not asking for a delay and waiting to see if cas overturn the ban and then sue fifa?

just a thought. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I'm fairly sure CAS can't extend it. I know Bob was saying he had read there was a chance that we could have the ban extended if we were found to have made a frivolous appeal but my, limited understanding, is if that was to happen it would have been FIFA who would have extended it when we made the original appeal to them.

Unfortunately Bob couldn't remember where he read it, I'm not saying he's wrong, but find it almost impossible to believe that a court could hand out further punishment because an appeal against the original punishment has been lodged. It would make a complete mockery of the legal system and there is absolutely no precedent for this in any other form of life.

Yes I agree,  think I said something similar at the time too.

5 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I guess the possibility of the club not asking for a delay and waiting to see if cas overturn the ban and then sue fifa?

just a thought. 

Possibly but I think they would much rather be able to sign players this summer, and next if it is overturned, without the risk, effort and expense of a lengthy and expensive court case where getting costs are never guaranteed. We've already seen the effect it is having with handing out extended contracts we didn't want to extend.

Also there used to be some rumour on CFCnet that if you sued Fifa or your FA then you couldn't compete in their competitions, something along those lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now