• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

Holymoly   
39 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Yes, the emphasis has to be on getting a squad together from the current players and loanees and maximising what they can do through tactics and training.

I've said this elsewhere. We have one of the best squads of players in the league that have achieved what they have thanks to the exploits of individuals. If a manager was appointed that was capable of forging a team ethic on top of the inate skillsets then we would be a shoo in for top 4 with or without a transfer ban.

JaneB   
6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I think "long term" is very subjective. Pretty much every club in Europe now adopts the Chelsea "model" of churning the management team on a regular basis and it is common to see managers "burn out" after as little as 2-3 years at a club. I can see how the immense pressure of delivering in a league with so much cash at stake for every place above relegation can end up making managers lose sleep.

I would be happy if Frank got the gig and was just able to leave under his own terms, whenever that might be. I think it would be naive to expect any more in the modern day.

I guess ☹️

Like so many things, the anticipation is almost better than the event. And if he never comes, he never has to leave. I have very strange mixed up emotions atm.

Mind you, the media are now going with Derby offering him a new deal. No doubt so they can delight in reporting that he turned us down. 

Leo91   
55 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Frank or Jose is fine by me. I love that era of Chelsea too much and hope for as long as possible we can have people from that era involved with the team. 

It looks most likely to be Super Frank. 

Peak Chelsea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3GY90vOSc

According to what I've been reading via Sky Sports, Frank is in negotiations with Derby right now  for a contract extension. Make of that what you will! 

xCELERYx   
47 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

According to what I've been reading via Sky Sports, Frank is in negotiations with Derby right now  for a contract extension. Make of that what you will! 

Not unusual if it was to be true. Possibly used as a means to extract a little more compensation, possibly just chancing their arm with a better deal in the hope he may be tempted to stay. Don't think it changes much at this point. 

Edited by xCELERYx

kev61   

I said along ago it was only matter time before Lampard was considered for the job - he knows the game inside out - whether he can get players into the team that have no ego is a challenge more so than talent(look at pogba).

I am excited about Frank being our next manager more so than Sarri hanging around who would inevitable be sacked next year had he stayed.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

I said along ago it was only matter time before Lampard was considered for the job - he knows the game inside out - whether he can get players into the team that have no ego is a challenge more so than talent(look at pogba).

I am excited about Frank being our next manager more so than Sarri hanging around who would inevitable be sacked next year had he stayed.

I certainly don't have a problem with Frank (if he gets the job), but I don't want to see him slaughtered by Roman if things don't work out (in the short to medium term), and this sort of thing has happened in the past.

kev61   
5 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I certainly don't have a problem with Frank (if he gets the job), but I don't want to see him slaughtered by Roman if things don't work out (in the short to medium term), and this sort of thing has happened in the past.

In my interpretation Michael is unless Lampard absolutely bombs in his first year in charge he will get a second chance.I see no other alternative..