• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

18 minutes ago, kev61 said:

In my interpretation Michael is unless Lampard absolutely bombs in his first year in charge he will get a second chance.I see no other alternative..

Well, I hope that you're right - but, I remember having similar conversations about Robbie dM, and that certainly didn't work out well.......:)

kev61   
4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well, I hope that you're right - but, I remember having similar conversations about Robbie dM, and that certainly didn't work out well.......:)

Indeed my worry is the board wanted Sarri to stay! .

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

The problem with RDM is that Roman never really wanted him , he just felt obliged to give it to him.

Sciatika   
6 hours ago, Original 21 said:

From the Sunday Times this morning...

I'll assume that RA didn't set up a phone conference so that Duncan Castles could listen in. I wonder which of RA and SFL leaked the content of the call.

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

I said along ago it was only matter time before Lampard was considered for the job - he knows the game inside out - whether he can get players into the team that have no ego is a challenge more so than talent(look at pogba).

I am excited about Frank being our next manager more so than Sarri hanging around who would inevitable be sacked next year had he stayed.

Re: Ego players. 

Surely Frank has the kind of prestige standing among all footballers, that even ego footballers can be brought into line with him at the helm?

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

According to what I've been reading via Sky Sports, Frank is in negotiations with Derby right now  for a contract extension. Make of that what you will! 

Perhaps just a ploy by Derby to get a bigger compensation fee? 

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Perhaps just a ploy by Derby to get a bigger compensation fee? 

Possibly more an example that Frank has his head screwed on and is keeping  his options open until he gets certain assurances from CFC.

Kezza   
5 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Possibly more an example that Frank has his head screwed on and is keeping  his options open until he gets certain assurances from CFC.

Frank has his head screwed on and not willing to let CFC ruin his career.

BlueFizz   

There's no doubt that SFL and Jody coming back would provoke a fans' 'love bounce'.

On the pitch, I think it could work. For me, the key will be some wise, calm heads around Frank and Jody. I hope Cech comes into post as he seems a very smart guy, but I think there's a need for a 'Grand Old Man' type figure - been there, seen it, done it, won it & etc. To a certain extend Steve Holland could give us that maturity but only in a coaching/technical role. I'd love someone like Hiddink to take up a guidance/mentoring role - even on an informal basis.

I'm away for the first two games of the season and certainly now wish I wasn't. I have to confess, the thought of Sarri Season II left me not that bothered!

Edited by BlueFizz

At first I was against this. 

But, again, it’s a no-brainer for SFL, isn’t it?

I mean, if he has another average season would any one of the big 5 clubs or Tottenham really offer him a job?

Besides, when was the last time an Englishman got an offer like this? Especially one with as much ties to a club like SFL has to us? 

He can focus on the negatives and take the decision someone lacking in self belief would and turn down the opportunity. But this is SFL we are talking about - the guy who turned out for us  in a crunch tie against Pool and scored a penalty if I can remember all those years ago a couple days after his mum died. So this isn’t a guy who questions his ability to perform in crucial moments or someone who will usually turn down a huge opportunity regardless of what. 

Yes, it could be too soon. Yes, there are obviously doubts attached to this. But if Roman wants him it’s a no-brainer IMO.

So, I’m going to switch sides on this one and heavily support this move by the club.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

Having to change managers is a nightmare, tbh; makes a lot of the more painful moments of the season just gone absolutely pointless. I am less bothered by names, and more interested in what style and type of football the next coach wants to play. They need to also favour possession and quick transitions. 

Really fear for any coach if we cannot sign players. Hazard gone, older and older legs in the other attacking positions, RLC and CHO likely out for long time. New players are very, very important. We really needed to be prioritising them (or at least the fight to be able to sign them!) over a new coach.