• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

If it's a transfer ban, Morata may be an option.

God, I hope not! I think he said recently that he didn't want to come back? Let's hope. 

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think he's a waste of space

And you would be correct!

kev61   
13 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I hope he doesn't get any sort of a free pass as some have suggested, it would make an absolute mockery of us as a club. If he's not ready and up to the job he shouldn't be appointed. There is no way in a million years he should not have to meet specific targets just because of who he is.

Are you for real? I wonder what goes through your head regarding Lampard - forget what he has achieved in footballing terms as a player but do you really think Sarri is a better manager of players?

Imo Lampard could buy and sell Sarri in every department of the game - I stand to be shot down but I will put my head above the parapit again - we are well rid  of Sarri he came around at the right time for him - don't get me wrong Lampard could blow up in our faces but if he can't get the best out of the squad no-one can imo.

chelboy   

Come on people, we seriously can not be considering Morata again. How many times do you want someone to disappoint you? His weak mentality along with his weak excuses are too much. Struggled mentally for most of his time here and that won’t change. Tired of seeing him miss sitters too. 

I don’t understand why so many people write off Bats. How often has he played regular football over the past few years? He was good at Dortmund and pretty good at Palace when he got a run in. I am not saying he is great but I would definitely pick him over Morata. I would be surprised if Lamps is even considering bringing Morata back here. After his recent comments I doubt anyone at the club wants him back. 

xCELERYx   
6 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

It has been a pressing issue for two seasons but with no Hazard it's more pressing now. If it's a transfer ban, Morata may be an option. I think he's a waste of space and I don't think he'll want to come back (which is an issue) but maybe Frank can get a tune out of him. I would like to see 3 CFs in the squad next season....Giroud, Tammy and Morata . I'm assuming Higuain isn't happening. 

Meanwhile Conte Kante, cheer up a bit. It's SFL!

You sound like your connecting the rubber hose to your car exhaust pipe as we speak!

Morata is dead weight. When some of the top managers he's played under during his career have failed to get a consistent tune of out him, I doubt one in only his second season could. Although, the irony would be interesting. 

The sooner we rid ourselves of one of the most overrated players the better. I'd rather see Alonso play a full season at CF than have Morata pull on our shirt again. 

Sciatika   
20 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I hope he doesn't get any sort of a free pass as some have suggested, it would make an absolute mockery of us as a club. If he's not ready and up to the job he shouldn't be appointed. There is no way in a million years he should not have to meet specific targets just because of who he is.

You set targets based on reasonable expectations and the transfer ban will have an impact on those expectations. He will be set targets because that is part of how you measure success.

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

2 great points.  Reluctant to fully agree with either, but they both carry a lot of force and originality.  Truth is we have 4 2nd choice CFs plus Bats.  Tammy can't start the season as first choice (though It'll be nice if he ends it that way).  We really need 6 or 7 first choice players for the first team, with 4 or 5 in the next window.

It'd be great if Tammy played in such a way that made him 1st choice... I'd worry the greater likelihood as is is that he could end up 1st choice through default. 

5 hours ago, chelboy said:

Come on people, we seriously can not be considering Morata again. 

Give over, no one is singing his praises. But you can either accept he is at least a Chelsea player or you can live in a world of make believe. 

What do we think, an announcement today? 

19 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

What do we think, an announcement today? 

This close to the weekend I think it will probably be tomorrow to give everyone a chance to write about it through the weekend.

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

Are you for real? I wonder what goes through your head regarding Lampard - forget what he has achieved in footballing terms as a player but do you really think Sarri is a better manager of players?

Imo Lampard could buy and sell Sarri in every department of the game - I stand to be shot down but I will put my head above the parapit again - we are well rid  of Sarri he came around at the right time for him - don't get me wrong Lampard could blow up in our faces but if he can't get the best out of the squad no-one can imo.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

BlueFizz   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

This close to the weekend I think it will probably be tomorrow to give everyone a chance to write about it through the weekend.

Was just speculating about this with daughter/Chelsea fan - we both have a hunch it could be today, although your idea makes sense.

If would also give the Lionesses’ victory tomorrow’s morning headlines and we’ll grab the late editions and the Saturday sports.

Edited by BlueFizz

4 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Was just speculating about this with daughter/Chelsea fan - we both have a hunch it could be today, although your idea makes sense.

If would also give the Lionesses victory tomorrow’s morning headlines and we’ll grab the late editions and the Saturday sports.

There does seem to be some collusion where these things are involved, it's rare for a big news sports stories to clash in the media. It's possibly going to go, lionesses, Lampard, Wan-Bissaka over the course of the next few days I'd expect. 

Edited by Mark Kelly