• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

Not sure if you're aware but we've lost our biggest source of goals. Hazard either scored or assisted 49% of our league goals last year. He was by far our most influential player - nobody else in the team comes even close to his level of play and productivity.

We are going to fall off quite a fair bit and 6-8 is about as good as it'll get with this current squad.

Yes, this is the first I have heard of Eden Hazard signing for Real Madrid... 

I'm inclined to agree that we're going to have a poor season. I'm just not going to pretend the fan base will tolerate it because Frank's at the helm.

24 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This is lunacy; we will bay for blood if we finish between 6th and 8th. And it's oddly tautological; we really do have a good chance of finishing that low if we play a load of kids. The idea that counts as 'integrating' and so serves a purpose is magical thinking; it just follows that you win less when you play less good players. 

I'm neither fiercely for or against Lampard being appointed, but I have read and heard (here and elsewhere) a lot of self-delusion about how we'll feel if we have a crap season. 

Previous manager 'integrated' a few youth products while finishing 3rd and winning a trophy, and as a fan base we still weren't happy...

Assuming Frank hasn’t come rogue so soon , Its not beyond possibilities that the Club are fully on board with the integration of youth.

There are plenty of games and competitions to experiment with bringing on youth and in some positions not a great obstacle to replacement

As to the fan base, The clubs grown globally so has the fan base and entitlement, but a fair few can recognise something that is not working and vent accordingly.

Leo91   

Hazard also dawdles on the ball, breaks down attacks and overplays when he doesn't need to. Pulisic close ball control is good enough to cause defenses issues and he will move the ball on quicker and more efficiently.

3 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

I can't believe the negativity of some people here.  They're reacting as though we've brought in Roberto Martinez, Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce.  Who else is there out there?  Name names.  And finally, don't be a plank, back Frank!

Read the thread. There's literally no negativity about Frank, or him getting the job. If you think there is, you'd do well to take your own advice and name names. 

Certainly what my position is is that we're in for a tough season as things stand no matter who is in charge, and that I struggle to believe that a club who has almost two decades history of ruthlessly sacking manager (and that fans with enormous senses of, in fairness not always misplaced, entitlement) is going to be any different this season. 

The club and the fans will not take 8th place lying down just because Frank picked some kids, come on now. 

Just now, southcoastal said:

Assuming Frank hasn’t come rogue so soon , Its not beyond possibilities that the Club are fully on board with the integration of youth.

There are plenty of games and competitions to experiment with bringing on youth and in some positions not a great obstacle to replacement

As to the fan base, The clubs grown globally so has the fan base and entitlement, but a fair few can recognise something that is not working and vent accordingly.

You're right, it's possible. It's also very possible they aren't on board, or they think they are when they're optimistic in July but will struggle to stay on message when the headlines are swirling in January. 

Hugely, hugely want Lampard to succeed. 

Bison   
Just now, thevelourfog said:

Yes, this is the first I have heard of Eden Hazard signing for Real Madrid... 

I'm inclined to agree that we're going to have a poor season. I'm just not going to pretend the fan base will tolerate it because Frank's at the helm.

We've lost our most productive player and have a transfer ban.

I have lowered all expectations and will not be baying for blood whatever happens. I can't speak for anybody else.

22 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

You're right, it's possible. It's also very possible they aren't on board, or they think they are when they're optimistic in July but will struggle to stay on message when the headlines are swirling in January. 

Hugely, hugely want Lampard to succeed. 

Hmmmm I doubt that, They are bound to be aware of the huge prices young talent are fetching Felix to Athletico Madrid , Wan Bissaka and so on and thinking maybe we might have a few gems in our Academy. . .

With Frank No language barriers Clean slate for a lot of expensive players, Knows the Country and the Club, gives youth a chance, and a nice bounce not a bad star for a new coach

It not just the appointment of Frank really, its the Re-structuring of the Club in a more Bayern like way thats really interesting.

Anyway if people really want to be cheered up look at the Gooners response the the Swiss Rambles  take on their finances on twitter,  Haven’t got a pot to p*** in, Now thats funny, so were in a battle for the top 7 then. . .

Edited by southcoastal

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

A long time? It was a while I agree, but then it crashed and burned with a vengeance and it hadn't been anything like as long as a whole season, which is what Frank will be starting in little more than a month.

Lets be honest the honeymoon period went on for far longer than most expected..But the point is Frank will probably have the same euphoric start then it's what happens after the that is the concern.. That's for then, for now I only hope for the best as I certainly don't ever want to be one of those 'I told you so' types . Plenty of Arse supporters already lining up for that job

22 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The season will be tough and some fans will want blood.  Since they won't turn on SFL and RA is not to be seen, they are bond to turn on Marina.  Not for the first team either.  It is a brave chose from her point of view.

21 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Frank talks like a media expert already.  I wouldn't take a word he says as genuine (which is fine by me).  I'd be very surprised is he playce our young players much at all, and my bet is that only one new player, probably Tammy, will be a full squad member by September.  So Tammy, Christensen, CHO and RLC, and everyone else, including Ampadu off on loan.

Ham   
51 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This is lunacy; we will bay for blood if we finish between 6th and 8th. And it's oddly tautological; we really do have a good chance of finishing that low if we play a load of kids. The idea that counts as 'integrating' and so serves a purpose is magical thinking; it just follows that you win less when you play less good players. 

I'm neither fiercely for or against Lampard being appointed, but I have read and heard (here and elsewhere) a lot of self-delusion about how we'll feel if we have a crap season. 

Previous manager 'integrated' a few youth products while finishing 3rd and winning a trophy, and as a fan base we still weren't happy...

I agree it's risky but on the first bold bit, who would have thought that Robertson and TAA would have been such awesome players for Liverpool.  

On the second bit, and whilst I don't want to sound like a broken record, we can only hope for SFL's sake that Man U and Arsenal self destruct and that we get a bye to the final in a European competition. 

13 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Hmmmm I doubt that, They are bound to be aware of the huge prices young talent are fetching Felix to Athletico Madrid , Wan Bissaka and so on and thinking maybe we might have a few gems in our Academy. . .

With Frank No language barriers Clean slate for a lot of expensive players, Knows the Country and the Club, gives youth a chance, and a nice bounce not a bad star for a new coach

It not just the appointment of Frank really, its the Re-structuring of the Club in a more Bayern like way thats really interesting.

Anyway if people really want to be cheered up look at the Gooners response the the Swiss Rambles  take on their finances on twitter,  Haven’t got a pot to p*** in, Now thats funny, so were in a battle for the top 7 then. . .

This is what makes me think it's not just 'sentimentality' on the part of an owner not known to tolerate even minor 'failures'

It's possibly something he's wanted to do for a while, and whilst not as ideal as possible, the planets have almost aligned themselves in order to allow him to bring in former players in important positions.

Edited by Bob Singleton