• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

You completely gloss over that Klopp is 4 years in. He finished 8th in his first season. He has built his team up piece by piece over a 4 year period. 

Liverpool's squad is far better balanced than ours - as it should be, as the coach has had 4 years to shape it. 

 

Completely glossed over apart from me mentioning it in the very piece you highlighted. But Sarri is not Klopp because he quit . Klopp stuck at it but Sarri didn't want the challenge. Why? You say moral was good with the players plus he's been allowed to bring his own players in, he had a good contract, he won his first trophy,  the club wanted him to stay, and his mantra as always been " I work with the players I have to make my team and work my philosophy " so the ban should hold no fear, in fact an opportunity. Perhaps a chance to show that it wasn't Hazard who almost single handedly dragged us into top 4. A real challenge that I would have been interested to witness. But he's offski so we'll never know if he would have been the next Klopp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   

Terry has to come back for some role if all the old boys are back? Surely?

Edited by Kezza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JaneB said:

 

Love the mullet 😉

 

Heavy Metal rules dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
14 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

well firstly I said "Challenge" for title..you know, make a good fist of it...push City a bit.  After 8 or 10 games when we were joint top level on 20 points with Pool and City  I have a distinct feeling that you and many others were getting very excited about the possibility of a title challenge. You may remember back then I told you it was never going to happen because we just weren't good enough compared to Pool and City and results were flattering us. Top four and maybe a trophy was the best that we could hope for I said. Do you remember that? Probably not, but do you remember you kept telling me to stop being so negative and to "look at the table".  From that point Liverpool and City made us eat their dust and we utterly capitulated as they finished 25 and 26 points above us with Pool also becoming Champions of Europe to boot.  I suppose getting top four did seemed a bit magical after we dropped to 7th at one point and every man and his dog thought The EL was the only way we could make CL  footie next season. it does depend from which point you are looking at it from.

The second half of our premier season was very very bad.  And you think our players were content and happy about the dull football and terrible results that regularly befell us? .What were all the clear the air meetings about then? Your mate Morata utterly hopeless. Did he look happy? Some of our best performing players openly criticised by Sarri. Do you think they had a spring in their step and their hat at a jaunty angle? Did Hudson Odoi look happy when he handed in his transfer request or RLC look full of hope when regularly ignored after man of the match performances in the EL, or Alonso with his match winning performances, or Giroud sitting glum faced on the bench as Hazard tried to be a centre forward. Ah but Higuain ( Sarri's choice) was going to change things around here... little tinker! He had that little twinkle in his eye when he picked a fight with Luiz the day before the EL final didn't he. Sarri didn't look his usual cheerful self as kicked his cap down the tunnel. Seriously I could go on. And I haven't even got to Cahill yet. But why would you even mention him? Did Cahill say anything. Did he complain? No nothing, because players don't do that mid season if they know what's good for them ( see William in Contes last year). But if you want to believe it was a bit of " All for one and one for all" then fine but I think you are  deluding yourself. 

And as for Hazard. none of us can read his mind but yes I do pin it on Sarri and I also equally pin it on Conte. I think Hazard loved this club and loved living in London . He was settled here, his kids spoke English and went to school here. Personally I think all he wanted from Chelsea was for us to be a big player. A team that matched his ambition and quality. a club that could win titles and compete in the CL.  He could of gone last season but I think he wanted to gauge how things would go here this season with Sarri. I don't think he was impressed. Around January February he probably made his decision based on the fact that CL qualification for us looked increasingly vulnerable and by no means guaranteed at that point...anything but.

The collateral damage of this season with Sarri has I believe been the loss of Hazard. The jewel in our crown that says we are a huge club that can keep huge players. We now seen happy with what a Chelsea team could  achieve the  in the late 90s pre Roman, whereas Eden wanted his final years to be brilliant and remarkable. None of us blame him do we. 

 

I have seen others do it, but how do you reply to a post, with the intial post split out into sections, so you can reply on each pragraph separately? I can only reply with the above as one post, so any assistance would be grateful. Anyway......

"Probably not, but do you remember you kept telling me to stop being so negative and to "look at the table"." - Yes, when you kept saying Arsenal and United are better than us and that we would finish 6th. Never expected us to finish top 2. 

The second parapgraph is just a serious of straw man arguments but let's look at a feew things: 

Your mate Morata utterly hopeless. - my mate? Are you 12? He was hopless under Conte too, but I think the point I made months ago was at least he can move and run about. I never claimed anything else. 

Did Hudson Odoi look happy when he handed in his transfer request - did it happen? Happy to proven wrong, but aside from tabloid guesswork, there is nothing to suggest he did.  

He had that little twinkle in his eye when he picked a fight with Luiz the day before the EL final didn't he - didn't happen, just a tussle in training that happens every day 

And I haven't even got to Cahill yet. But why would you even mention him? Did Cahill say anything. Did he complain? - Did I say he did? He didn't play all season, so I am presuming he wasn't happy, that's all. Hazard and Luiz were two in particular who stated they were happier now that we were playing with the ball. 

But if you want to believe it was a bit of " All for one and one for all" then fine but I think you are  deluding yourself. - when did I say that? straw manning at its very best

And as for Hazard. none of us can read his mind but yes I do pin it on Sarri and I also equally pin it on Conte  - gone on record several times how he wanted to play for RM. IMO, he was always going to go there at some point. 

The collateral damage of this season with Sarri has I believe been the loss of Hazard. - so is it Conte and Sarri's fault, or just Sarri?

I blame the poor recruitment on Hazard's departure. I think if we were a european force he may have stayed (he also may not have). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Terry has to come back for some role if all the old boys are back? Surely?

I can tell you're angling but the more the merrier 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

 

10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Completely glossed over apart from me mentioning it in the very piece you highlighted. But Sarri is not Klopp because he quit . Klopp stuck at it but Sarri didn't want the challenge. Why? You say moral was good with the players plus he's been allowed to bring his own players in, he had a good contract, he won his first trophy,  the club wanted him to stay, and his mantra as always been " I work with the players I have to make my team and work my philosophy " so the ban should hold no fear, in fact an opportunity. Perhaps a chance to show that it wasn't Hazard who almost single handedly dragged us into top 4. A real challenge that I would have been interested to witness. But he's offski so we'll never know if he would have been the next Klopp.

why? He was offered the biggest job in Italian club football. 

I also don't remember Liverpool fans singing the equivalent of "eff SarriBall" when Liverpool finished 8th. 

I don't blame Sarri for wanting out. Who would want to stay at a club where you are abused by your fans, when there is a brilliant job offer on the table in your home country?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go , a little of the spirit Super Frank will be bringing with , remember , this is away at hot favourites Leeds managed by Bielsa , the coach's coach . Lets hope he works on the defending a bit though ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's face it, we won't win the league again any time soon, but we can still qualify for the Champions League, do well in it and win a few cups along the way.

 

BTW : When is Ethan Hazard signing for us? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

 

why? He was offered the biggest job in Italian club football. 

I also don't remember Liverpool fans singing the equivalent of "eff SarriBall" when Liverpool finished 8th. 

I don't blame Sarri for wanting out. Who would want to stay at a club where you are abused by your fans, when there is a brilliant job offer on the table in your home country?

Come on Paul , don't be disingenuous here , the Liverpool fans were far from happy at finishing eighth , they were all over the phone ins etc demanding he go .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I have seen others do it, but how do you reply to a post, with the intial post split out into sections, so you can reply on each pragraph separately? I can only reply with the above as one post, so any assistance would be grateful. Anyway......

"Probably not, but do you remember you kept telling me to stop being so negative and to "look at the table"." - Yes, when you kept saying Arsenal and United are better than us and that we would finish 6th. Never expected us to finish top 2. 

The second parapgraph is just a serious of straw man arguments but let's look at a feew things: 

Your mate Morata utterly hopeless. - my mate? Are you 12? He was hopless under Conte too, but I think the point I made months ago was at least he can move and run about. I never claimed anything else. 

Did Hudson Odoi look happy when he handed in his transfer request - did it happen? Happy to proven wrong, but aside from tabloid guesswork, there is nothing to suggest he did.  

He had that little twinkle in his eye when he picked a fight with Luiz the day before the EL final didn't he - didn't happen, just a tussle in training that happens every day 

And I haven't even got to Cahill yet. But why would you even mention him? Did Cahill say anything. Did he complain? - Did I say he did? He didn't play all season, so I am presuming he wasn't happy, that's all. Hazard and Luiz were two in particular who stated they were happier now that we were playing with the ball. 

But if you want to believe it was a bit of " All for one and one for all" then fine but I think you are  deluding yourself. - when did I say that? straw manning at its very best

And as for Hazard. none of us can read his mind but yes I do pin it on Sarri and I also equally pin it on Conte  - gone on record several times how he wanted to play for RM. IMO, he was always going to go there at some point. 

The collateral damage of this season with Sarri has I believe been the loss of Hazard. - so is it Conte and Sarri's fault, or just Sarri?

I blame the poor recruitment on Hazard's departure. I think if we were a european force he may have stayed (he also may not have). 

Sorry I'm on a crap tablet and I can't seem to separate the paragraphs. I'll wait till I get on a computer. I appreciate it's difficult to follow an argument. 

Edit:I don't even know how I've done what I've done 

Edited by NoblyBobly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now