• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

kev61   
5 hours ago, blueandproud said:

I can't believe the negativity of some people here.  They're reacting as though we've brought in Roberto Martinez, Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce.  Who else is there out there?  Name names.  And finally, don't be a plank, back Frank!

Exactly!!! a number of fans think they know what they are talking about but they don't!.Frank will crash and burn or he will herald a new era in our development - no risk whatsoever!.

6 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Wait. Is his first proper match the Super Cup final!? 😈

Man U away first! 

Then Super Cup. 

Then Leicester at home.

Hell of a start!

6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Won't be getting any complaints from me if we finish anywhere between 5th and 8th. Heck, we could finish lower for all I care. The most important factor will be seeing some sort of progression. Be that with creating a better path for the youth players into the first team. Integrating the young players we do have on the cusp. Showing the ability to adapt to each unique match situation, opposed to rolling out the same thing no matter what the conditions call for. One big one though will be creating an identity again. Which I think Frank has the ability to really do. As a legend of this club who was around big characters and within a highly competitive and successful era, he has the right mentality to pass on. He knows what this club demands. There will be bumps along the way, but anyone who doesn't have their head in the clouds shouldn't be expecting anything more than a true transitional period. His ability to engage the supporter base will go along way to keeping most onside even during the tougher moments. Something that was drastically lost last season. 

That emboldened bit is some of the most terrifying corporate speak I have ever seen. 

The 'supporter base' was largely fine with Sarri, tbh; the 'f**k Sarriball' chant never got going in a meaningful way at Stamford Bridge and games sold out as ever, and there was a constant back and forth here and elsewhere online that you don't get if the 'supporter base' has consensus. We too often mistake loud voices with numerous, majority voices.

And what the 'supporter base' wants as it's highest context is victories and trophies; in anything but the most short of short terms, they will not settle for anything else. That's not a criticism. It anything, I'm happy with that. That has been our identity, and that is what marks out from, say, Arsenal or Spurs. 

I don't mean to be dismissive about where fans come from, but it really is a myth that what the fans think or how they act has much of an impact on the club or performances. Stamford Bridge is rarely a cauldron of noise, but we usually win there. The warm, fluffy feeling of having Lampard back home (which again, I also have) is going to have at most the most negligible impact on performances and results. How good a coach he is and what players he has to work with (big emphasis on the former over the latter) is what matters. 

Bison   

Our 63 goals last season was the lowest in the top 6. Of that 63 goals, Hazard scored or assisted 31.

Lampard or no Lampard, we were never going to compete for a Champions League place this season.

There are no goals in this team.

In fact, I'm now going to lower my expectations even further. A top 10 finish would be a successful first season.

paulw66   
23 minutes ago, Bison said:

Our 63 goals last season was the lowest in the top 6. Of that 63 goals, Hazard scored or assisted 31.

Lampard or no Lampard, we were never going to compete for a Champions League place this season.

There are no goals in this team.

In fact, I'm now going to lower my expectations even further. A top 10 finish would be a successful first season.

Bizarre, when Wolves finished 7th having scored 47 goals. 

Bison   
Just now, paulw66 said:

Bizarre, when Wolves finished 7th having scored 47 goals. 

We'd do very well to score 47 goals next year.

I think we'll be in the 30-35 range.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Bison said:

If you genuinely believe that, you can try and make yourself a LOT of money for very little risk. 

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Bison said:

In the cold light of day, you know that is nonsese. You are effectively saying we are going to be relegated. 

Edit - Cardiff and Fulham went down having scored 34. 

Edited by paulw66

Bison   
2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

In the cold light of day, you know that is nonsese. You are effectively saying we are going to be relegated. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If you genuinely believe that, you can try and make yourself a LOT of money for very little risk. 

Where are the goals going to come from?

The fans are apparently going to be raging if we don't finish top 4 but nobody wants to accept the reality of the squad.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Bison said:

Where are the goals going to come from?

The fans are apparently going to be raging if we don't finish top 4 but nobody wants to accept the reality of the squad.

That post is very different to the previous one. 

1. I don't think any fans will be raging. The fans (real fans, not iditos on twitter) will appreciate that last season we made top 4 by only 2 points and now we have lost our best player and we can't buy anyone (although we have bought Kovacic and Pulisic). I think most "fans" will realise that obtainng top 4 is going to be VERY difficult. 

2. Saying we we will struggle for top 4 is very different to saying we are going to score less goals than 2 of the relegated sides from last season. It is ridiuculous hyperbole. 

3. You can get 500/1 on us getting relegated. Go for it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1