• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Spent £220m

7 wins out of 17.

41% win ratio.

Not beaten a single team of note.

Not had a single game when we played particularly well, I've asked a few times for someone to tell me a game where we have but I just get ignored, I certainly can't think of any.

Chelsea (-3), Leicester (-7) , Liverpool (-16) and City (-3) are the only teams in the top half of the table that are worse off than at the same point last year, despite everyone claiming it's a strange season which has effected everyone, the truth is quite the opposite. 

I'm sure the excuses will keep coming, I've seen a few new ones recently but the fact is that this season we have been nowhere near good enough in almost every department. 

You use the spending as something that should have improved us immediately. I think the opposite in this season - the more players you’ve signed the harder it should be to integrate them in a season like this. Plus, they have all, bar Mendy and Werner, either had injury issues or arriving late. 

As for the bolded bit. Eh? That’s essentially four of the five best teams last season. The exception being Man U. They signed two squad players who haven’t played my at all. So their team is essentially unchanged. I’d say the stats you are quoting are very much supporting what I claim. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Liverpool -16

United +12

Leicester - 7 

Tottenham +6

Man City -3

Southampton +14

Everton +12

Villa +11

Chelsea -3 

West ham +7

Arsenal -1

Leeds -

Wolves -2

Palace -1

Newcastle -3

Burnley -2

Brighton -6

Fulham -

West Brom -

Sheffield United -23

Looking at the I would say it's only really Liverpool, Sheffield United and arguably Leicester who are having bad seasons.

A fair few having very good seasons though.

It’s the middle teams that are doing a lot better because the difference in quality between them and the top teams is a lot less in a season like this. 

I'm absolutely certain of it, but respect that you may disagree of course:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

You use the spending as something that should have improved us immediately. I think the opposite in this season - the more players you’ve signed the harder it should be to integrate them in a season like this. Plus, they have all, bar Mendy and Werner, either had injury issues or arriving late. 

 

Well Chilwell Mendy and Silva did improve us immediately with no time for any coaching whatever.
(of course we all knew that 5 of them were coming back in July, so I'm pretty sure that Frank had time to prepare as well)

You are using the excuse from the first three games as if it was somehow relevant beyond October .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

We just had 3 years of inconsistency which were called rebuilding.  

The club made an absolute mockery of the term. The re-building was one of the worst efforts I’ve ever seen. A lot of money spent on ****. 

We are coming from a position of a lousy squad compared to our competitors. A lot of them are still here. It’s a process that takes time. Either the club gives It to Frank, or it throws money at the latest European couch available and a good £150m on players that he wants during his first season. And so the merry-go-round continues where we have a squad of players who aren’t fitting into any system or perhaps even the league. 

It doesn’t work doing that anymore. The Conte title was sheer luck due to us having a season with no European distraction. There’s no way we would have won the title if we had CL football that year. So our last title under normal circumstances was 2015. Incidentally the last time we had a good squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Well Chilwell Mendy and Silva did improve us immediately with no time for any coaching whatever.
(of course we all knew that 5 of them were coming back in July, so I'm pretty sure that Frank had time to prepare as well)

You are using the excuse from the first three games as if it was somehow relevant beyond October .

Coming back in July? Most of them had not even been signed in July! The one who had got injured in the only pre-season game we had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Nicely put, and I don't disagree with any of it. 

We all want the same outcome here. I just don't have the blind faith that some do. 

I really don’t think anyone had shown any blind faith. Naive hopefulness perhaps, but blind hope? 

I don’t see any available manager I’d rather have. So why on earth would I shout “sack him now!” If I think the options are worse? 

Allegri and Tuchel. That’s it. No thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Coming back in July? Most of them had not even been signed in July! The one who had got injured in the only pre-season game we had. 

Read:  back in July we knew they were coming.

5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

The club made an absolute mockery of the term. The re-building was one of the worst efforts I’ve ever seen. A lot of money spent on ****. 

is the effect and cause conclusion that explains why Rudiger, Kepa and Jorginho turned to rubbish as soon as Midas took them on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   

Reading all these posts is exhausting and somewhat demoralising.

I would never doubt any of these posters' loyalty to Chelsea and if some feel that Frank isn't up to the job then that is their perfect right and wanting him sacked is the next logical step. 

For myself, I have a strong emotional attachment to Frank, which I appreciate others might not have and are more pragmatic in their approach.  Because of how I feel, I desperately want Frank to succeed and am willing to give him the rest of this season at least.  I never expected to win anything this year and looked upon it more as a re-building exercise with Frank bedding in and learning on the job.  I understand, again, that others might not want that and that being in a position to win titles etc. is all that matters. 

Of course I love winning things but surely every club goes through dips, it's how you come out of them that matters.

Apart from anything else I'm sick to death of our constant changing of managers (well I admit not Sarri!).  If I recall, Frank didn't exactly hit the ground running when he first came to us as a player but my god look what happened thereafter and hopefully it will be the same in this context.

When Steve Holland left I remember saying on here what a loss he was and I got the feeling that no one really picked up on that.  I'd love him back but maybe he has ambitions of his own, and I get the feeling that Frank is quite stubborn and wouldn't want to be seen 'leaning' on anyone else.  That's a shame.  There's nothing wrong in getting all the help you can when you're a young manager starting out.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Reading all these posts is exhausting and somewhat demoralising.

I would never doubt any of these posters' loyalty to Chelsea and if some feel that Frank isn't up to the job then that is their perfect right and wanting him sacked is the next logical step. 

For myself, I have a strong emotional attachment to Frank, which I appreciate others might not have and are more pragmatic in their approach.  Because of how I feel, I desperately want Frank to succeed and am willing to give him the rest of this season at least.  I never expected to win anything this year and looked upon it more as a re-building exercise with Frank bedding in and learning on the job.  I understand, again, that others might not want that and that being in a position to win titles etc. is all that matters. 

Of course I love winning things but surely every club goes through dips, it's how you come out of them that matters.

Apart from anything else I'm sick to death of our constant changing of managers (well I admit not Sarri!).  If I recall, Frank didn't exactly hit the ground running when he first came to us as a player but my god look what happened thereafter and hopefully it will be the same in this context.

When Steve Holland left I remember saying on here what a loss he was and I got the feeling that no one really picked up on that.  I'd love him back but maybe he has ambitions of his own, and I get the feeling that Frank is quite stubborn and wouldn't want to be seen 'leaning' on anyone else.  That's a shame.  There's nothing wrong in getting all the help you can when you're a young manager starting out.

 

 

Nothing wrong with a pragmatic or emotional approach. I reckon that's the main reason for the debates on here. After all, we're all discussing the same games but somehow react totally differently to them in the cold light of day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Its not a case of looking smug by saying the same thing you were before. Having not posted here while results were going our way, you announced your return in with a big I told you so post in one of the match day threads after a loss. I'm not going to trawl through looking for it, but you probably remember it. I don't see the difference between that and the posts you quoted.

Wrong, I actually didn't post for a couple of weeks after the Southampton game, my first post was after we beat Burnley, in reply to someone having a pop at me even though I hadn't posted for two weeks

 

48 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

So your only reason for posting here is to perpetuate the same thing that made you want to leave the forum? 

Pretty much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now