• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This whole "lack of pre-season" moan just competely ignores what actually happened. 

The squad had 25 pre-season matches to date, this is an unusual season :0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
14 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

If Chelsea were relegated would you still follow them and post on here?

YES/NO only.....no ifs buts etc.

YES and YES obviously.

Chelsea are for life not just the good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

If Chelsea were relegated would you still follow them and post on here?

YES/NO only.....no ifs buts etc.

To answer Yes, without reservation, I would even cope with giving Lampard a Covid free season after this one.For me far more positives than negatives.

Given that the Full members cup and the odd promotion was all I had to console me for the 20 year period of utter mediocrity since we lost the league cup to Stoke,  This current angst does seem to come under the heading “1st World problems”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

And it is............?

OK,,Sorry MT...time difference messes up responses....

Had a long follow up in my head but really just a simple point...covered by others very well.

Regardless of manager/coach WE are all Chelsea through and through...the often bitter exchanges on here over Frank really are just that....exchanges of a time and really of no importance regarding our true loyalty.

I want Frank to succeed for many reasons but the top one is because it is MY/OUR Chelsea......given a choice between Frank and the Club it is Chelsea first.

All managers move on.... Chelsea remain.

THANK YOU to all of you who replied...... proves the point ........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
46 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

To answer Yes, without reservation, I would even cope with giving Lampard a Covid free season after this one.For me far more positives than negatives.

Given that the Full members cup and the odd promotion was all I had to console me for the 20 year period of utter mediocrity since we lost the league cup to Stoke,  This current angst does seem to come under the heading “1st World problems”

Back then we weren't buying the crop of Europe's talent pool for hundreds of millions either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Back then we weren't buying the crop of Europe's talent pool for hundreds of millions either.  

Eh ? Unless I have this wrong, I thought the Charas question was leaning towards do posters have unconditional support for the club or not, In my case yes so the money argument is facile. For me these are still good times.

On the money spent it this season it really boils down to Havertz and Werner, far too early to say for me the problems lies elsewhere on the pitch.

And if money was really the question (which it is not ) Then why not criticise Lampard for not getting the best out of
Barclay, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Kepa and so on. Or have most excepted they are not good enough ?

I could say the same about a fair few of the current squad, Lots of work to do, I am happy to be patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
12 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Eh ? Unless I have this wrong, I thought the Charas question was leaning towards do posters have unconditional support for the club or not, In my case yes so the money argument is facile. For me these are still good times.

On the money spent it this season it really boils down to Havertz and Werner, far too early to say for me the problems lies elsewhere on the pitch.

And if money was really the question (which it is not ) Then why not criticise Lampard for not getting the best out of
Barclay, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Kepa and so on. Or have most excepted they are not good enough ?

I could say the same about a fair few of the current squad, Lots of work to do, I am happy to be patient.

My club regardless of money spent....expectations higher now of course but anyone interested enough to enter the forum and it's changing tides follows Chelsea and whilst voicing concerns is not swayed in their loyalty by financial outlay.....stressed by lack of return on outlay...stressed by bad results etc...stressed by ..smile ...Droy....or one's favourite winder upper but NEVER "That's it too much money spent..I'm off to Millwall!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
21 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Eh ? Unless I have this wrong, I thought the Charas question was leaning towards do posters have unconditional support for the club or not, In my case yes so the money argument is facile. For me these are still good times.

 

I know what Charas question was

I am simply stating that times and expectations are so different now. If we finish 15th, saying "well it is still better than the mid 80s when we were relegated twice" is somewhat pointless, and I certainly wouldn't call it "good times".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
23 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

 

On the money spent it this season it really boils down to Havertz and Werner, far too early to say for me the problems lies elsewhere on the pitch.

And if money was really the question (which it is not ) Then why not criticise Lampard for not getting the best out of
Barclay, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Kepa and so on. Or have most excepted they are not good enough ?

 

A few bits to pick on here........the money boils down to Havertz and Werner........so Chilwell, Mendy, Ziyech (injured largely, granted) don't count? Chilwell is the dearest left back in history. 

I don't really get the point of listing players that have never played under Lampard, like Drinkwater and Zappacosta. I am not sure what the point is. There are certainly questions over some of the senior players who have undoubtedly gone from excellent / good to poor / absolutely unusable in the last 18 months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

If Chelsea were relegated would you still follow them and post on here?

YES/NO only.....no ifs buts etc.

Absolutely YES to both.  Provided they don't drop down to the Bananarama League. Had years of that when my other club were relegated (Cambridge Utd - back in the 2nd division now), and it's a heart-breaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now