• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Appointed Chelsea Head Coach

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Enlighten us oh football sage. 

Do you have to ask ? On Holland, why ? The Gareth Southgate connection ?

Holland, Post youth set up Was coach under a few managers who got sacked, Ah I see why now. . .

6 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Forgot to ask yesterday - Would you replace Frank with OGS as the head coach at Chelsea?

No, he could win the next 10 league titles with them and I still wouldn't want him here.

JaneB   

A nice bit of news on Frank for a change.  He's to be a Dad again.

Congrats to him and the truly delightful Christine :-)

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Yes, 100% this. We spend a lot of time here arguing pointlessly about who buys (or "wants") the players, but I wonder who is responsible for our current first-team coaching staff, because the ball has been hugely, for me unforgivabley, dropped there. If it's Frank himself, that is a big mark against his name, but also a big mark against the name of whoever allowed it in the first place and continues to allow it. Not that anyone needs to go, but there has to he more PL (and ideally title-winning) experience in there. This could be sorted, I'd expect, pretty much instantly so you have to wonder why it hasn't been. Bruised egos somewhere along the line seems the only reason to me, and that's not good enough. 

I've said this so many times, Frank quite clearly needs a better and more experienced Number 2 and more experience within the coaching setup as a whole.

It is very strange that this hasn't been looked at (that we know of) or resolved. At this point, I wouldn't even say we need title-winning experience in the coaching team, but just experience of coaching at this level, we don't currently have anyone that has experience coaching at this level, outside those who have moved from player to coach with the club under different manager(s).

I was always quite surprised Frank took Jody as his number 2 when he went to Derby and didn't look to work with a more experienced coach/manager as his assistant and even more so when it didn't happen when he came to Chelsea. Frank doesn't strike me as the sort of person who's pride would prevent it happening (I could obviously be wrong on that), he in fact seems the opposite, always to keen to better himself and learn that I would have thought he would want that experience around him.

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I was always quite surprised Frank took Jody as his number 2 when he went to Derby and didn't look to work with a more experienced coach/manager as his assistant and even more so when it didn't happen when he came to Chelsea. 

Anyone ever thought that maybe Frank 'rates' Jody? Just a thought.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Isn't that the problem though.

How is it a 'problem', considering that nobody on these forums (including you) actually knows what goes on between the two (and the players), on the sidelines, in the sheds, or at Cobham?