• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

30 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think that is a bit far fetched myself.  Some pick a team because they expect them to be winners.  Others (me included via my Dad) do it mostly as a kind of post-code lottery.

Of course there are multiple reasons for becoming a supporter of a club, but why then stick to the same club? Why care about them? Why FEEL anything about them? Why hate other clubs? Having decided on a team, for whatever reason, fans generally stay with them for life, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health in a kind of spiritual marriage (but one in which death is more generally the only parting). We are choosing to belong to this Chelsea family which has nothing to do with our practical reality. When Chelsea lose it has no material effect on me, but I am pissed off for a week. If the club's reputation is traduced I will react outside of any intellectual rationale. If we suffer a perceived injustice I am apoplectic with rage. This is not rational, but it contributes to a sense of self which is vested in emotional loyalty. 

I guess that's why, after 50 years supporting the club, I feel no diminution in my joy at our success and no reduction in frustration or anger when we lose. I feel loyal, hope for the loyalty of at least some of the club's players and managers and am prepared to give one of our greatest ever heroes a break for a season or two in the hope that he will ultimately embellish the dream in an even more satisfying way.

• Like 1

Certainly that,  but buying Fernandes is probably the main reason, can't stand him personally but he is some player and probably is the one player that has become so important and influential to United

4 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Diving in the box?

Certainly that,  but buying Fernandes is probably the main reason, can't stand him personally but he is some player and probably is the one player that has become so important and influential to United

Ham   
48 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I'm talking about months of it now, not just the last few weeks.

*Snipped

Quite clearly you have and decided to throw anyone that doesn't agree with the dont sack him now as anti-Lampard. I'm about as far away from that as is possible.

How long did it take you to research that to make a point? (Halfway through an incomplete season)

I think I've made mine about the obsession. 

On the two groups, I'm responding to the "pro-Lampard" label. Call yourself whatever you want. 

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

That's what happens when you put things in writing. Have learnt that mistake personally and professionally. 

Good effort, too. 

The "out" clique? 

Holymoly   
17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite - that was specifically the "fluid creative football like in October/November" as quoted from the cartoon posted by Holymoly.

That is what people were going all gooey about - praising Lampard as some kind of managerial God.

Actually, no-one is praising him as a managerial god. It's just you and your pals damning him as an imbecile that I object to. It's strange when people go crying for academy players to get a chance and then give them time to develop but the same allowance isn't made for a manager. One questions where your loyalties lie when you would rather employ a foreign manager with supposed experience that rarely lasts over two years anyway?

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Actually, no-one is praising him as a managerial god. It's just you and your pals damning him as an imbecile that I object to. It's strange when people go crying for academy players to get a chance and then give them time to develop but the same allowance isn't made for a manager. One questions where your loyalties lie when you would rather employ a foreign manager with supposed experience that rarely lasts over two years anyway?

Who has called him an imbecile? Come on.

What has nationality got to do with it? My loyalties lie with whoever is the best man for the job. I'd love it to be Frank, but I don't see it.

paulw66   
46 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Of course there are multiple reasons for becoming a supporter of a club, but why then stick to the same club? Why care about them? Why FEEL anything about them? Why hate other clubs? Having decided on a team, for whatever reason, fans generally stay with them for life, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health in a kind of spiritual marriage (but one in which death is more generally the only parting). We are choosing to belong to this Chelsea family which has nothing to do with our practical reality. When Chelsea lose it has no material effect on me, but I am pissed off for a week. If the club's reputation is traduced I will react outside of any intellectual rationale. If we suffer a perceived injustice I am apoplectic with rage. This is not rational, but it contributes to a sense of self which is vested in emotional loyalty. 

I guess that's why, after 50 years supporting the club, I feel no diminution in my joy at our success and no reduction in frustration or anger when we lose. I feel loyal, hope for the loyalty of at least some of the club's players and managers and am prepared to give one of our greatest ever heroes a break for a season or two in the hope that he will ultimately embellish the dream in an even more satisfying way.

Nicely put, and I don't disagree with any of it. 

We all want the same outcome here. I just don't have the blind faith that some do. 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

I'm talking about months of it now, not just the last few weeks.

I didn't post for a while after the Southampton game, came back on here and the smugness of some  after a few positive results against mediocre teams was comical. 

Here's a few of them.

for those who are still questioning him I suggest you have a watch and a listen. 

Really wouldn't want to be a cat right now in the household of a certain unnamed poster who was fantasizing about Lampard being sacked over the international break.

others will still be beating that drum waiting in anticipation for the next bad performance or poor result.

If you are a Chelsea fan and you come on here with a negative take on that you better just pack in it and start following dart instead. I said from the beginning that there was no time to judge Lamps and this team early and that we needed at least 10 games in the league before we would be able to see where this is going. 

The doom squad will still appear and point out that Shef Utd have only got 1 point and it doesn’t tell us anything about our own team, despite the fact that we’ve struggled against them the last few times we’ve played them.

I'm still a bit confused about the posts saying we lack style or any identity. I’m not sure what football people have been watching these past few games. 

4-1??? Defense literally a shambles. Lampard out! 

Where's Droy? I'm still waiting for him to confirm if he genuinely thought Frank could be out of a job by Tuesday..

Just imagine how much better we'd be if we had a manager who actually coached the team and made the most of the investment by the club...

In general it would be best to wait to reserve judgement on this new team, but that hasn't stopped a lot of people.

What seems to irk some is that Lampard did a more than decent job last season when many ( they know who they are) predicted his appointment would be a disaster.

As for our appalling start this season, is it your view that we are still appalling or is your footballing sensor detecting an improvement after one just defeat in 11

To me it looks like you are looking for any reason you can to find fault, and are making almost zero effort to see the positives

The funny thing is that the team is starting to come together and we have stopped leaking goals. Just one loss against the current champions. I suppose there’s no pleasing some.

It takes time - anyone who understands football gets that. 

unlike the malcontents who could only see Lampards seasons descending further into chaos and failure. 

Still, 7 games into the season and we look in. A lot better shape than what most comments on these boards would have you believe. Let’s see where we are after 10 (which has been my yardstick all along). 

But I suppose 11 games , 1 defeat, 27 goals and 6 clean sheets might keep him his job for the moment. 

. If you can't acknowledge that then you are just pissed coz Lamps is starting to prove you wrong. 

Remember I told you we would improve with time and to have a bit of faith? No you probably don't. 

Imagine what we could achieve if the team were actually coached 😉

do hope all those have been so critical recently can come on and give some credit today.

Difficult to know where Blue Rod et al will go after this game.

Yes... it does not fit with his narrative

With Droy it is more important that his voice is heard and his theories are proven (at least in his own mind) than the success of his team. 

I really can’t stomach the smug arrogant shyte on this place at times. Buffoonery of the highest order by the usual suspects!

Or admit that he was wrong. Which to my knowledge has never happened even though it’s the most likely outcome 

Unless you are Droy or Blue Rod who get a peculiar delight in being negative towards their own team.

I’m absolutely flabbergasted so many seasoned members here have no concept of time and how important it is in football

even by those who were so quick to criticise the manager and coaching staff?

I’m not going to predict where we end up, but I would find it particularly pleasing if Lamps and the team shut up the likes of yourself and Blue Rod. 

Lets not pretend that improving  wasn't in the script. Obviously it was completely absent from some people's script....slowly creeping it's way back in though and rightly so.... ( but only until next defeat I expect)

Honestly, surely everyone on here is enjoying this now?

No doubt someone will find something to moan about. 

Highly doubt it. Some aren’t just happy with winning

Great to see him flourish under Frank's guidance and not being stifled under SARRIball

Indeed Ham...can't coach that sort of stuff!!!!

Who needs coaches eh?

I find it strange that some on this forum just enjoy being negative at a time when we have much cause for hope.

There are a few posters who are so sure of themselves that they have to keep digging a massive hole for themselves once it's crystal they have been wrong or incredibly premature in their convictions.

That would suggest we have a manager who knew what he was doing, it’s an idea that’ll never catch on in some quarters!

Corners still looking good Droy... imagine if our coaches started coaching this team!

Quite clearly you have and decided to throw anyone that doesn't agree with the dont sack him now as anti-Lampard. I'm about as far away from that as is possible.

The most bizarre part of this is it seems as if it has been researched by any poster you may have had a disagreement with in the last few months. 

One of those quotes is mine. Yet it’s not relevant to Lampard in or Lampard out, or our identity/lack of as a team or anything like that.

Its your perception of who is with you and who is against your view of our manager, based on if you have had a difference of opinion with them.

So much time gone into that and for what ?? Reminds me of Rafa and his facts rant from when he was at Liverpool. Utterly bizarre! 

15 minutes ago, Ham said:

How long did it take you to research that to make a point? (Halfway through an incomplete season)

Not very long at all, I knew exactly where I would find them, in the match threads where we beat the likes of Burnley and Krasnodar. 

And not even halfway through, this started after 10 or 11 games but that's not the point, the point is some of us saw what was coming from the beginning and got slated for it then the 'pro-Lampard' lot on here could not wait.

The irony being that Droy, Blue Rod, myself and a few others get routinely slated with snide remarks made all the time even though not one of us behave that way and yet the clique on here are very quick to moan about our negativity and get to say what they like.

I think I've made mine about the obsession. 

I do have an obsession......

On the two groups, I'm responding to the "pro-Lampard" label. Call yourself whatever you want. 

......I'm a long term season ticket holder