• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is very fortunate that you didn't write that 2 or 3 years ago, when we really were on a downswing.  You'd have been crucified on here.

Like I said, this is a very particular set of circumstances.

35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You would have to believe that.  

It was only a joke, I don't mean it. 

53 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Samuel Johnson said:  Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

I think you should do a bit of research on the context and meaning of this quote. You have fallen into the trap of misconstruing both. It makes your conclusive paraphrase both meaningless and irrelevant, as well as nonsensical.

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

There has always been smugness here (on both sides tbh) and I really hate to see the labelling of "cliques" etc. I find it fairly balanced the numbers on either side of the argument most times. 

However if you don't agree with smug posts etc etc then rise above it, be the better man. I did notice that you revelled in making your own smug posts as soon as results turned bad. Having labelled others as "getting all sensitive" you have taken the time to reel off 20 odd posts made months ago, which you appear to have taken very personally even if not directed at you.

Pretty sure I was claiming the same things before the results were bad, even when we were on a 17 game unbeaten run so there is nothing smug about me saying the same things when we lose.

If I come across as smug now, that's because of how others reacted when we were beating Krasnodar, Newcastle and Burnley.

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

By doing the same as those you have condemned you have lowered yourself to that level. I get that you were probably trying to make a point by doing so, but it is a bit hypocritical to try and take the moral high ground now. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Maybe but then I dont care, the posts I quoted are the reason I post so much on the subject and the only reason I'm still on here.

That's just a sample of what those of us that had a different opinion had to endure yet it seems quite ok for people to post things like that, make constant snide remarks, people saying I told you so and far worse yet I'm obsessive.

Its brilliant.

9 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

I think you should do a bit of research on the context and meaning of this quote. You have fallen into the trap of misconstruing both. It makes your conclusive paraphrase both meaningless and irrelevant, as well as nonsensical.

Researched, it means precisely what I meant too - phoney patriotism.
I think it makes my point very clear.

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

As for the "wanting" Lampard sacked point, that's pure semantics.

It really literally isn't. Everyone here has things they do because they need to, not because they want to. Everyone here knows the very clear difference between them. I think it's disingenuous to suggest thinking Lampard will (or even should) get sacked is the same thing as wanting that to happen.

I can't remember the last time I wanted a manager sacked. Maybe Conte, more to get that over with. There's been plenty though where the writing was on the wall.

Edited by thevelourfog

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think it makes my point very clear

I disagree, since it is the inverse of what you were suggesting, but I suspect we are not going to get anywhere with this and since "no man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money", I'll bow out and have a heroic brandy.

Ham   

😅 I sense a disturbance in the force

9 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Any reason for Holland in particular?

It could be argued Paul Clement has a better CV as a number two?

No other reason than me liking him. I think he’s the perfect club assistant manager, with a long history at the club knowing both the culture and the fabric. Not to mention his reputation and pedigree. 

Clement is not a bad shout either, but I don’t think he’d be as keen as Holland for a position as number two. 

52 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Pretty sure I was claiming the same things before the results were bad, even when we were on a 17 game unbeaten run so there is nothing smug about me saying the same things when we lose.

If I come across as smug now, that's because of how others reacted when we were beating Krasnodar, Newcastle and Burnley.

Its not a case of looking smug by saying the same thing you were before. Having not posted here while results were going our way, you announced your return in with a big I told you so post in one of the match day threads after a loss. I'm not going to trawl through looking for it, but you probably remember it. I don't see the difference between that and the posts you quoted.

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Maybe but then I dont care, the posts I quoted are the reason I post so much on the subject and the only reason I'm still on here.

So your only reason for posting here is to perpetuate the same thing that made you want to leave the forum?