• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

Chrisb   

It looks to me like there is a perception from some that a line has been drawn with the “Lampard out” on one side and the “SFL stays” on the other with both sides allegedly shouting “Burn the heretic!” at the other. As DWMH often points out there is no need to take every post that disagrees with your opinion personally. If that were the case I’m pretty sure he would be a wreck! Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, that’s not to say that opinions can’t change over time though.
I want Frank to stay as I think something special could be achieved by steadying the ship with a long term manager who can build a squad using a blend of youth and experience instead of just signing players to win a title and then getting sacked leaving the next one to pick up the pieces. If Roman disagrees with me that’s his prerogative, it is his club after all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

If Chelsea were relegated would you still follow them and post on here?

YES/NO only.....no ifs buts etc.

Yes

Chrisb   
8 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

Sorry Chara, forgot to put this in my last post.

yes

8 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

Depends, are we still managed by Frank Lampard?

8 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

Yes. Though my life would a wreck. Has been for the past month or so. The wife keeps asking why I am such a sour puss all day long.

8 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

Yep.

Once you're in , you're in for life , lol. I think that's why we all argue so passionately with each other , we're heavily invested in it !

Sciatika   
8 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

I did in 1979 and 1988, so I expect so.

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Read:  back in July we knew they were coming.

Ok. Fail to see the relevance to my point though, unless you want to push the idea that we somehow managed to get them in to Cobham to train with the lads on vacation before the contracts had been signed. 

14 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I'm pretty sure the club would have expected an immediate improvement after spending £220m.

I’m pretty sure the club has spent far more in absolute **** players with no return at all. So what the club expects is guesswork at this stage. 

14 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Really? Somehow I tend to see them (Roman/Marina/Board) as being smarter and more clued than that. Bringing that number of new, young players into the squad, was always going to require time to gell. 

Bringing in 6 new players with no pre-season and little time to work in training will always take time. 

11 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

Absolutely. If anything a lot of glory hunters would disappear. 

3 hours ago, Chrisb said:

It looks to me like there is a perception from some that a line has been drawn with the “Lampard out” on one side and the “SFL stays” on the other with both sides allegedly shouting “Burn the heretic!” at the other. As DWMH often points out there is no need to take every post that disagrees with your opinion personally. If that were the case I’m pretty sure he would be a wreck! Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, that’s not to say that opinions can’t change over time though.
I want Frank to stay as I think something special could be achieved by steadying the ship with a long term manager who can build a squad using a blend of youth and experience instead of just signing players to win a title and then getting sacked leaving the next one to pick up the pieces. If Roman disagrees with me that’s his prerogative, it is his club after all.

Very well said. I want him to stay mainly because I hope he will turn things around and I see no other candidate available that I’d rather have. 

But that may change of course. 

Edited by The_Ghost

31 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Bringing in 6 new players with no pre-season and little time to work in training will always take time. 

Again - how long did it take to get Chilwell, Mendy and Silva up and running?  
How many games did Ziyech take to make an effect?
And something like 15 games in, have Werner and Havertz got better or worse?

This whole "lack of pre-season" moan just competely ignores what actually happened.  As well as ignoring the further decline of players who had a previous season with SFL

34 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Absolutely. If anything a lot of glory hunters would disappear. 

They disappeared years ago.  What we have now are people raising or lowering expectations according to their love or hate of the manager.

12 hours ago, chara said:

Simple question.........

Why would Chelsea get relegated, It is a $2billon dollar business?