• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

sorry for speculating

You weren't 'speculating', you were having yet another shot at Lampard. As I said, maybe he rates Jody. Amazing, I know........

chara   

Whew....thought this forum had become the net version of the "Marie Celeste"  !!..Thank goodness for MT and Droy!!...As I watch yet more snow falling little to distract me !!!

Jody...MT has a point but my "impression"..whatever that means ...is some where near ..gulp....Droy's view that we are looking at a development coach rather than a progressive innovator.....Blame Frank or Jody but I don't feel they are a good mix..... Clarke and Holland always seemed to be part of the coaching unit but ..from where I am...Jody appears not to feature in much.

Frank may rate Jody or maybe he is not in a position to change things at the minute...am trying to remember significant mid season changings of asst coach/managers...AT ANY CLUB.

Droy...any offerings?

Edited by chara
mistake

13 minutes ago, chara said:

Whew....thought this forum had become the net version of the "Marie Celeste"  !!..Thank goodness for MT and Droy!!...As I watch yet more snow falling little to distract me !!!

Jody...MT has a point but my "impression"..whatever that means ...is some where near ..gulp....Droy's view that we are looking at a development coach rather than a progressive innovator.....Blame Frank or Jody but I don't feel they are a good mix..... Clarke and Holland always seemed to be part of the coaching unit but ..from where I am...Jody appears not to feature in much.

Frank may rate Jody or maybe he is not in a position to change things at the minute...am trying to remember significant mid season changings of asst coach/managers...AT ANY CLUB.

Droy...any offerings?

Ray Wilkins?

Ham   

One issue I have is how neither Frank norJody (or the players for that matter) are at all vocal during games.

You will always hear the oppo coaches and players.

I've always felt that Jody was "too cool for school" and likes to be liked. Maybe I get that from his social media but with Frank being "Mr Nice Guy" I'd like to see a right horrible bar steward as number 2 giving players hell for sh1te performances. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I'd like to see a right horrible bar steward as number 2 giving players hell for sh1te performances. 

Maybe that's exactly what he does inside the sheds, and on the training paddock? I don't know that for certain, obviously, but then nobody here (from what I can tell) has any insight as to what goes on, and who talks, etc., in those 2 places. Frank chose to bring Jody with him, and that says a lot to me.

2 hours ago, chara said:

Blame Frank or Jody but I don't feel they are a good mix

Based on what exactly? They were a good enough 'mix' at Leeds.

Jody appears not to feature in much.

In what sense? I have to say that I've never particularly liked Morris (back from his playing/drinking days), but he must have done something right/good at Leeds for SFL to want to bring him with him. And from what I've seen, he's always there with the players at training, etc. 

Frank may rate Jody or maybe he is not in a position to change things at the minute.

Yes, he may. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

Imo, the last part of that sentence is baseless speculation. Frank keeps Jody? Oh it must be that he can't change things. Couldn't possible be that he rates him, could it?

chara   
28 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Based on what exactly? They were a good enough 'mix' at Leeds.

In what sense? I have to say that I've never particularly liked Morris (back from his playing/drinking days), but he must have done something right/good at Leeds for SFL to want to being him with him. And from what I've seen, he's always there with the players at training, etc. 

Yes, he may. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

Imo, the last part of that sentence is baseless speculation. Frank keeps Jody? Oh it must be that he can't change things. Couldn't possible be that he rates him, could it?

OK MT I was very much speculating rather than presenting an argument one way or another and consider your reply as a reasonable response.

I don't feel confident enough in my speculation to try to counter your views  "just because" but I did try to emphasis that my views were not based on strong evidence rather on 

what I thought might be happening..the development coaching rather than innovative coaching,

I did say maybe meaning just a thought rather than a hard opinion.

I want Frank to succeed very much and like to think any viewpoint of mine is just that..not a condemnation but part of a search for answers.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Maybe that's exactly what he does inside the sheds, and on the training paddock? I don't know that for certain, obviously, but then nobody here (from what I can tell) has any insight as to what goes on, and who talks, etc., in those 2 places. Frank chose to bring Jody with him, and that says a lot to me.

No but what is fact is that there isn't much vocal coaching during games. Empty stadiums make this all the more clear. 

If Frank isn't the type, his number 2 should be. 

12 hours ago, Ham said:

I've always felt that Jody was "too cool for school" and likes to be liked. Maybe I get that from his social media but with Frank being "Mr Nice Guy" I'd like to see a right horrible bar steward as number 2 giving players hell for sh1te performances. 

Good cop / Bad Cop days are over in football especially at Chelsea. Players and their agents are not stupid, and know that player power is a big thing at the club.

At the time player discontentment were alleged reasons for the AVB, Scolari, JM MkII, Sarri departures.

It's certainly a required skill of being a diplomate and treating players with kid gloves to be a top clubs head-coach these days

14 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Anyone ever thought that maybe Frank 'rates' Jody? Just a thought.

Well obviously he does, but that wasn’t my point, my point was that I was and still my surprised Frank didn’t look to have a more experienced number 2 to lean on in the early years of his managerial career. Which, I think is a fair view is it not?

I do worry that Jody wants to be one of the lads a bit too much and is possibly too close to the academy players in the squad - I obviously have not evidence to back this up, it’s just a feeling I have from the little we see of the interactions they have.

The other reason I think Frank should have and want someone close to him with more experience than Jody is so that he can turn to them and say ‘how do we break this run, what did you do previously when it happened?’ Whereas that question can currently only really be ‘what do you think we should do?’.

I'm not using this view to bash Frank, it’s just an observation.