• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

9 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Well obviously he does, but that wasn’t my point, my point was that I was and still my surprised Frank didn’t look to have a more experienced number 2 to lean on in the early years of his managerial career. Which, I think is a fair view is it not?

Yes mate, a fair view. Clearly not Frank's view though. 

9 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I do worry that Jody wants to be one of the lads a bit too much and is possibly too close to the academy players in the squad - I obviously have not evidence to back this up, it’s just a feeling I have from the little we see of the interactions they have.

Quite.

I think that people formed opinions about Jody way back when he was on the drink. Fair opinions at the time, because the drink made him a dill. But from what I've seen/heard, he seemed to have sorted himself out, and did a great job at the academy. And I've not heard any different since. Frank had the opportunity to see him first hand at Leeds, and chose to bring him with him. That surely should say something positive, I'd have thought.

Leo91   

Quite frankly we don't have a scooby about what goes on. Frank Lampard has played under some of the best managers in world football, he's seen how things can go right and go wrong. Think he knows more than us what it takes to run a dressing room.

Edited by Leo91

4 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Quite frankly we don't have a scooby about what goes on. Frank Lampard has played under some of the best managers in world football, he's seen how things can go right and go wrong. Think he knows more than us what it takes to run a dressing room.

Well there is a simple test of that theory.  Is Frank succeeding as a manager relative to other managers at Chelsea.  If like a lot of us one says no, then he must be getting something wrong.

26 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Quite frankly we don't have a scooby about what goes on.

Exactly. Not that it will stop some from telling us that they do.

26 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Think he knows more than us what it takes to run a dressing room.

And again, 'exactly'. 

chara   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well there is a simple test of that theory.  Is Frank succeeding as a manager relative to other managers at Chelsea.  If like a lot of us one says no, then he must be getting something wrong.

Context is everything.....this is not a yes/no question....or rather making it a yes/no question does not take into account totally different scenarios for every manager....some managers have inherited squads that only needed tweaking and so on.....given the strange circumstances at the moment and where Frank had to start from the real question is can Frank make progress over, say, the next 18 months or are we hoping for  something that is not possible for whatever reason?...now that is a yes/no question.

1 hour ago, chara said:

the real question is can Frank make progress over, say, the next 18 months or are we hoping for  something that is not possible for whatever reason?...now that is a yes/no question.

Have no real idea - and honestly, neither does anybody else. And anyone who says they do, is kidding you. Guesses? Yes, plenty of those. 

The  truth is that if Frank doesn't deliver what Roman wants, then he'll be punted. Until then, it's all guesswork with a couple of fairly obvious agendas thrown in.

To Dwmh: I was replying to your most recent post, and somehow I managed to delete it! Can't get it back. So, if you want to give it another shot, it should be ok.

11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Yes mate, a fair view. Clearly not Frank's view though. 

Quite.

I think that people formed opinions about Jody way back when he was on the drink. Fair opinions at the time, because the drink made him a dill. But from what I've seen/heard, he seemed to have sorted himself out, and did a great job at the academy. And I've not heard any different since. Frank had the opportunity to see him first hand at Leeds, and chose to bring him with him. That surely should say something positive, I'd have thought.

I know what you mean RE Jody and peoples opinions, personally my opinion of him went up a lot when he was coaching the Chelsea kids and he definitely seems to have a true and deep love for Chelsea, which is a great thing.

Like you say, he obviously does a good job at what he does otherwise Frank would have looked for someone different when moving to Chelsea, I think my concern isn’t about what he does or doesn’t do, but more the lack of experience he can bring to a very inexperienced manager and I’m surprised Frank doesn’t want that experience and knowledge next to him in the dug out.

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Leo91 said:

11 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

And again, 'exactly'. 

Of course he knows more than us.  

Right - nobody post anything unless you are as qualified to talk about it as SFL. 

Gonna be quiet on here.