• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Right - nobody post anything unless you are as qualified to talk about it as SFL. 

Nobody has said anything like that, so why don't you get a grip?

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Gonna be quiet on here. 

Leaving?

paulw66   
Just now, Michael Tucker said:

Nobody has said anything like that, so why don't you get a grip?

Of course not. I was just making the point that it is a pointless argument / counter-argument. Lampard obviously knows more than us, but this is a forum for supporters, who I assume, none of whom have played or managed professionally. It goes without saying,, 

Any time anyone criticises a player or coach, the reply could always be "he knows more than you" or "he is a better player than you were"..........so what? 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Any time anyone criticises a player or coach, the reply could always be "he knows more than you" or "he is a better player than you were"..........so what? 

Fair point.

Avram Grant on his way back apparently, not sure in what capacity, but what are people’s thoughts on that?

Is it the experienced coach some have suggested Frank needs on the staff?

Is it Roman’s Plan B should Frank depart before the end of the season?

14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Avram Grant on his way back apparently, not sure in what capacity, but what are people’s thoughts on that?

Is it the experienced coach some have suggested Frank needs on the staff?

Is it Roman’s Plan B should Frank depart before the end of the season?

Blooday hope not, He could put out the cones I suppose. . .

From an inerview with Steve Sidwell on 5th Jan on Talksport

"Sidwell witnessed first hand the transition of power from one manager to another at Chelsea, and he was at the club when Jose Mourinho was replaced by Avram Grant.

He explained what went on behind the scenes and revealed how influential John Terry was during this period.

“I go back to when I was at Chelsea and Jose Mourinho left and Avram Grant took over,” added Sidwell.

“I remember when the players called a meeting. JT called all the players in and said, ‘look, I’ve been with Roman and he’s said that Avram would be taking charge’.

“The lads were pretty shocked as Avram was there as a kind of technical director and go-between between Jose and Abramovich.

“I remember John Terry and the lads saying, ‘right, we need to drive this ourselves as Avram hasn’t got the experience of the top echelons of football in terms of the Premier League. We have, and we’ll drive this’.

“I’m not saying they went against his wishes or anything. He still led the football club and the football team, but the players really drove that dressing room.”

Wasn’t Grant leaning over Jose’s should before he replaced him? Careful, Frank, in the words of Aesop: “distrust unsolicited advice”.

(ah, beat me to it, Southcoastal)

Edited by blue moon

8 hours ago, southcoastal said:

Blooday hope not, He could put out the cones I suppose. . .

From an inerview with Steve Sidwell on 5th Jan on Talksport

"Sidwell witnessed first hand the transition of power from one manager to another at Chelsea, and he was at the club when Jose Mourinho was replaced by Avram Grant.

He explained what went on behind the scenes and revealed how influential John Terry was during this period.

“I go back to when I was at Chelsea and Jose Mourinho left and Avram Grant took over,” added Sidwell.

“I remember when the players called a meeting. JT called all the players in and said, ‘look, I’ve been with Roman and he’s said that Avram would be taking charge’.

“The lads were pretty shocked as Avram was there as a kind of technical director and go-between between Jose and Abramovich.

“I remember John Terry and the lads saying, ‘right, we need to drive this ourselves as Avram hasn’t got the experience of the top echelons of football in terms of the Premier League. We have, and we’ll drive this’.

“I’m not saying they went against his wishes or anything. He still led the football club and the football team, but the players really drove that dressing room.”

Yeah, you kind of sum up my feelings too. Whether it actually happens or not, who knows, but if it does it would be a very strange appointment indeed and definitely a move by Roman and not Frank, which would make me a little nervous if I were Mr Lampard.

28 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, you kind of sum up my feelings too. Whether it actually happens or not, who knows, but if it does it would be a very strange appointment indeed and definitely a move by Roman and not Frank, which would make me a little nervous if I were Mr Lampard.

Just the opposite I reckon for both JM and SFL.

Grant is very much a minor character.  If it were Hiddink or an established PL level manager the threat would be much greater.
image.jpeg.8519de87766bcfdbe5743844bc34a948.jpeg

As before Grant would only be a cheap yellow spare wheel to get the club to the end of the season.
Something we often appoint at the same time a new manager arrives, but forgot this time.  I'm thinking of RDM or Zola or Ray Wilkins.

But since the Sky sports story yesterday it seems only the lower level copy merchants have picked up on the story.  Everyone else is ignoring it - no surprise really.

I guess we have our answer to who will replace Frank, if he goes, at least in the short term.

I think if there is any truth to the story it's far more likely that we approached him to take over until the end if the season.

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I guess we have our answer to who will replace Frank, if he goes, at least in the short term.

I think if there is any truth to the story it's far more likely that we approached him to take over until the end if the season.

First reserve, in case things get worse. 
Or he has been appointed to actively search for suitable coaches to join the team.

But most likely a deliberate red herring from the club to cover up a bigger change.  Wouldn't be surprised if Grant is in on it, since it would be a boost for his reputation just to be linked.