• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

29 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Out.

This can't continue, it's embarrassing.

Too late.  Last summer or November at the very latest was the opportunity to get this season on track.

paulw66   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Too late.  Last summer or November at the very latest was the opportunity to get this season on track.

But why persist with the wrong man 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

But why persist with the wrong man 

You know how some managers get a player who plays so badly that rather than take him off they just leave him on, through sheer spite.
Kind of like RA with Conte, but at least he took the team off him, while he paid him to miss opportunities.

2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

If it looks like an interim until the summer. Just a thought..........Steve Clarke ? He can juggle both jobs for a couple of months surely . 

Tbh, I hearing what Lampard said tonight, I think he may lose the job soon. I agree it will be an interim but I am not too sure who it will be. 

Ramble coming up....

Nothing wrong in appointing Frank when we did. We ere in a sticky situation with the ban and our best player leaving so we needed someone capable and knowledgeable of our famed youth to integrate them. He was absolutely the right man and did a great job getting us into Europe. 

Where it is now unravelling, and its a surprise to me as they are his peers, is that he seems unable to set up experienced players at either end.

We have masses of attacking players who seem allergic to getting the ball into the 6 yard box as quick as possible. Is it they all think they are the superstars and will score alone or is it they don't trust the CF to do anything with it? You will never score if the ball doesn't go near the goal. I try to avoid watching Liverpool but I saw that their wide players were continuously hitting first time crosses in without the need to always try and beat 3 players first.

Defensively we are too often victims of our own possession, a bermuda triangle of passes often working our way backwards for the keeper to then hoof it forward, something the defenders could have done earlier or one of our pass loving defenders passes it to the oppo at the end of a 15 pass movement around the triangle. With Zouma and Chilwel being particularly guilty.

Its not all gloom and doom as clearly we have some talented players but, apart from Mount who has developed nicely, they need to think and act quicker. Pulisic, Werner and Havertz were all top, highly productive players many clubs would love to have but until we get a more physical CF I fear there will be no direct passes in and until we get a couple of accomplished defenders we will continue to gift possession. Silva is a short time plaster and I think Mendy is  a good addition.

I was and still want to be a big fan of Frank but I don't think he knows what to do anymore and Jody was a support last season with the youth but he is also out of his depth with senior players. I would also like to hear more from him about why he seems to freeze players out who perform successfully at country level like Barkley, Jorg and Rudi. Are the countries wrong or is Frank unable to manage them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Nothing wrong in appointing Frank when we did. We ere in a sticky situation with the ban and our best player leaving so we needed someone capable and knowledgeable of our famed youth to integrate them. He was absolutely the right man and did a great job getting us into Europe. 

No we really didn't.  The very idea that a new coach couldn't have spotted Tammy Mount and James in the first week of training is preposterous.

I'm wondering if Frank had an experienced no2 him who could whisper in his ear every now and then when weren't going great, he may have given himself more of a fighting chance.

Diddymen   
2 minutes ago, bluey1905 said:

I'm wondering if Frank had an experienced no2 him who could whisper in his ear every now and then when weren't going great, he may have given himself more of a fighting chance.

I agree with this. 

can't remember the last time I saw Jody Morris in the touchline with Frank at any of the matches