• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

paulw66   
2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

I was and still want to be a big fan of Frank but I don't think he knows what to do anymore and Jody was a support last season with the youth but he is also out of his depth with senior players. I would also like to hear more from him about why he seems to freeze players out who perform successfully at country level like Barkley, Jorg and Rudi. Are the countries wrong or is Frank unable to manage them.

And somehow Rudiger has gone from 5th choice to 2nd choice without playing. Just shows what a shambles we are in. Unfortunately he doesn't have a clue what team / players to pick.

yes, an experienced no2 would have made much more sense than having 2 rookies in charge. 

9 minutes ago, bluey1905 said:

I'm wondering if Frank had an experienced no2 him who could whisper in his ear every now and then when weren't going great, he may have given himself more of a fighting chance.

Been saying this for months if not longer. I don't know if it's a stubbornness from Frank or he just doesn't think he needs that advice, but it has cost him big time. The first thing he should have done when taking this job is to gone and found someone to fill this role. You can keep Jody as an assistant if you want, but then have 2 asisstant managers or even just an experienced coach or two on the staff would have made a huge difference.

I'm repeating myself with this, but the difference between turning to your number 2 and asking them for advice based on previous experiences at this level and turning and asking Jody 'what do you think we should do?' and him giving ideas based on no more experience at this level than Frank, is HUGE!

We were all desperate for the club to get in true Chelsea people into the club and they did it with Frank, Jody and Petr, which is great... but they seem to have done it at the expense of top-level coaching experience, which is very odd.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I agree with this. 

can't remember the last time I saw Jody Morris in the touchline with Frank at any of the matches

Really?

I suppose the cameras don't show the managers as much as it is less interesting without the fans all around them.  But what I remember from last season was that Frank always seemed to be listening to Jody.  Too much I thought.  "When I was at St Johnstone....."

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really?

I suppose the cameras don't show the managers as much as it is less interesting without the fans all around them.  But what I remember from last season was that Frank always seemed to be listening to Jody.  Too much I thought.  "When I was at St Johnstone....."

Last season he definitely did, more recently Jody has been very quiet and stayed in his seat a lot more, at least from what I've seen. I mentioned it on the matchday thread last night as well.

It may not be quite as I'm seeing it as obviously we only see what the cameras show us.

29 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Last season he definitely did, more recently Jody has been very quiet and stayed in his seat a lot more, at least from what I've seen. I mentioned it on the matchday thread last night as well.

It may not be quite as I'm seeing it as obviously we only see what the cameras show us.

I've noticed that as well. Like you say it's a camera thing so we can't say for sure, but if the cameras are at similar moments of games as last season, then it suggests he probably was up there with Frank more often. 

It felt almost like a joint managerial setup in how they were both on the touchline. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

No we really didn't.  The very idea that a new coach couldn't have spotted Tammy Mount and James in the first week of training is preposterous.

Maybe but a significant coach we may have wanted to stay long term wouldnt have come to play with a  team of newbies for that we needed a club man and one that knew something about the youth set up.

Arsene Wenger is available , perfect fit for a board that want to be Arsenal . 

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Arsene Wenger is available , perfect fit for a board that want to be Arsenal . 

Arsene's success at the beginning was because he inherited a strong defence.....no reason for him to join us