• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

asvaberg   

Our next three matches MAY rescue Frank Lampard as manager:

Luton, home FA cup

Wolves , home PL

Burnley, home PL

If any of these matches ends without Chelsea win, Frank has to go.

BUT: if all matches end with Chelsea win ( and the play has thus improved), then the trip to WHL (or: THS) can be very interesting; the mentality is back, the confidence is back and the dressing-room is back :)

I choose to hope for the latter.

44 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Maybe but a significant coach we may have wanted to stay long term wouldnt have come to play with a  team of newbies for that we needed a club man and one that knew something about the youth set up.

Again - anyone would have picked those players, so we really didn't need a clubman.
I get the point about appointing a temp because a top class established coach might not have come then.
But that just emphasises that the replacement should have happened last summer.

29 minutes ago, bluey1905 said:

Not saying I'd want him, but would Eddie Howe be in the frame maybe?

To the end of the season perhaps - just got relegated, so I don't see him here long term.

Diddymen   
2 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Our next three matches MAY rescue Frank Lampard as manager:

Luton, home FA cup

Wolves , home PL

Burnley, home PL

If any of these matches ends without Chelsea win, Frank has to go.

BUT: if all matches end with Chelsea win ( and the play has thus improved), then the trip to WHL (or: THS) can be very interesting; the mentality is back, the confidence is back and the dressing-room is back :)

I choose to hope for the latter.

I admire your optimism, but if the play is to be improved,  it would have happened by now.

Frank mentioned it before the Fulham game that they had been working on a few things. Post Fulham, nothing worked albeit we won 1-0. He seemed to have an eye on the Leicester game by resting a number of players. Post Leicester - nothing has improved.

If only I saw improvements in our game, I would think Frank has something to work on, but there isn't. Nothing at all and as many posters have noted, we have regressed.

We were lucky Fulham went down to 10 for half a game otherwise it could well have been even worse.

asvaberg   
Just now, Diddymen said:

I admire your optimism, .......

Thank you :)

"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute." (George Bernard Shaw)

4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

We were lucky Fulham went down to 10 for half a game otherwise it could well have been even worse.

We were also lucky their second choice CF missed when he had the easiest chance of the game at 0-0

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I admire your optimism, but if the play is to be improved,  it would have happened by now.

Frank mentioned it before the Fulham game that they had been working on a few things. Post Fulham, nothing worked albeit we won 1-0. He seemed to have an eye on the Leicester game by resting a number of players. Post Leicester - nothing has improved.

If only I saw improvements in our game, I would think Frank has something to work on, but there isn't. Nothing at all and as many posters have noted, we have regressed.

This.

The most depressing thing about last night was I wasn't even that fussed at the end, as I knew it was coming. 

Wolves and Arsenal away I was thoroughly hacked off.........yesterday, was just, "meh" another one 

chara   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

This.

The most depressing thing about last night was I wasn't even that fussed at the end, as I knew it was coming. 

Wolves and Arsenal away I was thoroughly hacked off.........yesterday, was just, "meh" another one 

Me too...think it goes for a lot of us....taking our cue from the attitude on the pitch?....ok...being snippy but....

Gullit sacked 12 feb

Scolari 9th Feb

Avb 4th mar (saved champions league)

Another Feb/early mar change?