• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

11 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I wonder if the whole attraction of Jody as an assistant is that no one is going to ask him to replace you. It's Jody who has bought Frank this job until May. If there was a viable interim already on the books, I think he'd be gone rather than just playing out time.

Spot on. 

33 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

The enduring mystery for me this season is how Tomori was frozen out and now looks like he will leave for AC Milan with an option to buy?? 

The other mystery is just when I thought we now had a settled pair of center backs in Silva and Zouma, Frank suddenly drops Zouma and Rudiger comes back in, very odd management for me.

Agreed and how did we let Barkley go, he looks good at Villa. 

13 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I wonder if the whole attraction of Jody as an assistant is that no one is going to ask him to replace you. It's Jody who has bought Frank this job until May. If there was a viable interim already on the books, I think he'd be gone rather than just playing out time.

Yes.  Likewise I suspect Cech is very much an SFL supporter.  A big new manager might threaten his position.
A big question is how SFL got the job.  A bigger one is how he got it with no back up in place.

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, very odd that Rudiger was 5th choice initially and now seems to be 2 or 3. Tomori went from 4th to 5th without playing, after being involved a lot last year (first half of the season anyway)

Very good.......no RdM waiting in the wings to steal the glory! 

Indeed it really was odd that Rudiger was 5th choice when he is clearly the best of the initial 4, and Silva won't be here forever.
He went from 1st to 5th without a bad game.  (but he is clearly a Sarri favourite and not to be trusted.....)

Actually I suspect that there was a plan to sell him and replace with Silva, but the performances of Christensen and Tomori wouldn't support that.  He might well have had the hump at the start of the season.  (all guesswork)

4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Agreed and how did we let Barkley go, he looks good at Villa. 

He has only played 6 times  for Villa (well 5 games +5 minutes).   Injured since November.

Edited by Droy was my hero

chara   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

he looks very lonely there - nice effective piece of art

I would.  In 2012 we had a bunch of leaders that could make their team win a CL final against all odds.  They had it because they had leadership thrust upon them by previous managers and situations.

if Silva was that kind of leader well.....
I can't see anyone else yet, a few that could motivate themselves, several that might be able to do it one day, but a lot who are waiting for a superstar player to command them.

Thank you Droy....your last line articulates what I have been struggling to express

29 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Hmm...didn't Hollins undermine /replace Johnny Neal?....a man..Neal that is...the likes of whom we could use about now.

13 minutes ago, chara said:

Thank you Droy....your last line articulates what I have been struggling to express

Hmm...didn't Hollins undermine /replace Johnny Neal?....a man..Neal that is...the likes of whom we could use about now.

I thought Bates undermined Neal ?  With Current rate of woes it is more likely we get a  Webb

15 minutes ago, chara said:

Pretty sure John Neal resigned because of illness.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

he looks very lonely there - nice effective piece of art

I would.  In 2012 we had a bunch of leaders that could make their team win a CL final against all odds.  They had it because they had leadership thrust upon them by previous managers and situations.

if Silva was that kind of leader well.....
I can't see anyone else yet, a few that could motivate themselves, several that might be able to do it one day, but a lot who are waiting for a superstar player to command them.

Or a superstar Italian manager....

Edited by Martin1905

chara   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pretty sure John Neal resigned because of illness.

Bow to your knowledge...just had a vague memory and didn't check.

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Or a superstar italian manager....

I think it'll be Tuchel