• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

1 hour ago, Phoenix Blue said:

The enduring mystery for me this season is how Tomori was frozen out and now looks like he will leave for AC Milan with an option to buy?? 

Can only imagine something has happened that we are unaware of. He started 14 out of the first 20 games last season and 11 in a row. Since then he has started 1.

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

Can only imagine something has happened that we are unaware of. He started 14 out of the first 20 games last season and 11 in a row. Since then he has started 1.

And he acquitted himself well I thought. 

If we let him slip through our fingers we're idiots. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think it'll be Tuchel 

Would make sense 

I think the only reason we haven't gone for one of them is it's a very hard sell trying to explain to them they would have a few inexperienced youth coaches as their backroom staff. I do not think anyone will come anywhere near us until we rip it up and start again.

It is much harder to bring in a whole team of coaches  mid season than it is to just replace a manager but impossible to bring someone in to work with what we have.

Just now, Martin1905 said:

Would make sense 

I think the only reason we haven't gone for one of them is it's a very hard sell trying to explain to them they would have a few inexperienced youth coaches as their backroom staff. I do not think anyone will come anywhere near us until we rip it up and start again.

It is much harder to bring in a whole team of coaches  mid season than it is to just replace a manager but impossible to bring someone in to work with what we have.

Yes, it would have to be a clean sweep and horribly expensive both in paying people off and hiring their replacements. 

Which is probably the sole reason he's still here. 

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He wont be the only one.

Our two new Germans, two of the most sought after attacking players in Europe will no doubt have already had discussions with their agents.

Silva apparently has an option to extend for a second year, he will be off without even thinking about it.

Edited by Martin1905

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes, it would have to be a clean sweep and horribly expensive both in paying people off and hiring their replacements. 

Which is probably the sole reason he's still here. 

If it does come to having to dismissing Frank and his team Mark, then given that Frank is very wealthy, ( practically 70 million I believe), then, given that he also has a reputation for being an honourable person, should he actually resign, rather than go down the well worn “I'm not a quitter” route, as a ruse to securing his pay-off?

What d'ya think?

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Maldini is their sporting / technical director and should have an eye for a defensive talent !

Why let him go ? We have so much dross we can't shift, and post covid the market will be flatter, maybe we will have to sell promising players to balance the books/ fund new dross.

Just a thought

7 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

If it does come to having to dismissing Frank and his team Mark, then given that Frank is very wealthy, ( practically 70 million I believe), then, given that he also has a reputation for being an honourable person, should he actually resign, rather than go down the well worn “I'm not a quitter” route, as a ruse to securing his pay-off?

What d'ya think?

Come on - this isn't about proving left wing theology.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Come on - this isn't about proving left wing theology.

Nothing to do with left-wing philosophy, ( I don't think you really meant theology did you)?

No, I only meant that, as Mark said, if it eventually comes to dismissals, then that will result in another very large post-managerial payoff and, given that Frank would certainly name Chelsea as his favourite club, then he might, if he were the unquestionably honourable man some take him to be, and if he privately felt that he had been a significant contributor to his own downfall, not hang out for a large severance package himself, since he clearly doesn’t need the money.

There could also be an agreed, honourable, payoff package by the two parties of course. Just a thought and definitely nothing to do with theology! Where did you get that from?

29 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Nothing to do with left-wing philosophy, ( I don't think you really meant theology did you)?

I certainly meant an outdated belief set, not a logical system.

Who bloody well cares if Frank, or any other manager coach or player takes his full contractual amount from the club.
I'd like them to pay 75% marginal tax on it, but that is another issue altogether.