• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

While I fully agree that the current situation isn't ideal, and heart aside I can see why the Club is looking for a change of direction even if it means cutting Frank's tenure far too short, I would have thought they would give him a proper go and then evaluate, rather than the usual quick fire decision to bring in the first available replacement and pray. Yes that approach worked on occassion over the last 2 decades, but I just don't see what Tuchel can bring to the equation. 

His track record is bang average (I mean who doesn't win **** with PSG) he's no tactical genius etc. Of course it can work out but the chances are as big as if they would have kept Frank, and finally built that legacy / idenity they are clearly craving. 

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Perhaps they'll sack the person who signed all the Duff players .

Oh. Wait. 

Silva - Captained the CL finalists

Chilwell - England left back

Havertz - the most coveted young player in Europe

Werner - absolute goal machine

Ziyech - CL semi finalist with Ajax

They're all suddenly Duff players? We have a manager who has achieved nothing, and we look a shambles all over the place. 

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Me too and if that's too emotional I'm sorry.

But never mind, we're going to get a German manager in now for our next shot to get Werner and Havertz playing.

I feel desperately sorry for Mason Mount too.  He must be gutted.  (That won't be a popular opinion either).

I'm with you on this one Jane. I'm sure when the dust settles and football just carries on being football, it will all feel normal again, but this one definitely has a more personal feel than all the others.

I imagine Mount is absolutely gutted, nice that he was captain in Frank's last game though.

asvaberg   
Just now, paulw66 said:

Silva - Captained the CL finalists

Chilwell - England left back

Havertz - the most coveted young player in Europe

Werner - absolute goal machine

Ziyech - CL semi finalist with Ajax

They're all suddenly Duff players? We have a manager who has achieved nothing, and we look a shambles all over the place. 

Do you think speaking German will help with all this?

bert19   
2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Me too and if that's too emotional I'm sorry.

But never mind, we're going to get a German manager in now for our next shot to get Werner and Havertz playing.

I feel desperately sorry for Mason Mount too.  He must be gutted.  (That won't be a popular opinion either).

It should be.  He's our best player at the moment and anyone so up their own behind they can't see that is a bit of a wally to be honest.  This ridiculous social media narrative about him is just that: ridiculous.  It's clear we have a fantastic player on our hands with him.  

You're spot on Jane.  I suspect most of this squad are disappointed though.  This doesn't feel to me like a collective downing of tools.  More just that it isn't working and no one is quite sure how to fix it

Great shame. Really disappointed. I understand the latest bad run had probably cost us top 4 but I would have waited until end of season. I think he deserved that. 

It must be Tuchel. The club must have him lined up. 

Tbh know very little about him.

Is very strange to do this before the run of games in such a short space of time, he'll have no time to implement anything.

Which to be fair will be no different to now.

I think, if nothing else, he will get an instant reaction from quite a few players. Havertz, Werner, Rudiger, Jorginho, Kante, Pulisic, Silva, will all be buzzing about this.

The season is over, if we all accepted that under Frank then from now on we should just be looking to see some sort of improvement. 

Edited by Martin1905

Chrisb   

If it’s true then I like many others will be gutted. 
The revolving door of managers revolves again, how long will the next one last?

Whoever takes over is going to have to hit the ground running if they’re going to salvage a CL spot. Part of me hopes they fail miserably, probably just an angry reaction to this news but it’s there all the same.

11 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Which to be fair will be no different to now.

I think, if nothing else, he will get an instant reaction from quite a few players. Havertz, Werner, Rudiger, Jorginho, Kante, Pulisic, Silva, will all be buzzing about this.

The season is over, if we all accepted that under Frank then from now on we should just be looking to see some sort of improvement. 

Some players are going to get better by virtue of being better coached. Also perhaps by virtue of just getting on better with the new coach.

They will be vilified for it.

Edit: the real question is, will anyone get worse?

Edited by thevelourfog

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm with you on this one Jane. I'm sure when the dust settles and football just carries on being football, it will all feel normal again, but this one definitely has a more personal feel than all the others.

I imagine Mount is absolutely gutted, nice that he was captain in Frank's last game though.

Thanks Sam.

My last match at The Bridge was when we beat Everton 4 - 0.  It was the perfect day full of hope and promise and I shall hold onto that.