Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Does it?

Weasel words no doubt drafted for him.

Yup.

Diddymen   
14 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

For me, apart from the addition of the keeper and  he may have had more success sticking with last seasons squad. 

I agree with this.

Another season to bed in the academy players would have been beneficial. Also, would have lowered our expectations again. But when you spend over £250 million on players - expectations are higher.

I was expecting the board to give Frank until the end of the season

2 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I agree with this.

Another season to bed in the academy players would have been beneficial. Also, would have lowered our expectations again. But when you spend over £250 million on players - expectations are higher.

I was expecting the board to give Frank until the end of the season

Yes. Not to do so shows weakness. 

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Normally a coach gives a bit of praise to his best player. Not Sarri.

eh?

How do you know what was said between the two? 

A horrible day and it was always going to be so.

I just wish he gave himself the best possible chance to succeed, but the decisions he made (both on and off the pitch) left him exposed to something like this, which no chance of outrunning it or shaking it off.

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Because he didn't! 

He did. 

Hazard had his best return of goals and assists that season. 

If only Frank was getting the best out of our best players, he'd have been ok

GURJ SS   

Strange times, once again as fans we find ourselves in limbo by the club. Does this mean using the youth and making it a longer term project is abandoned? Does it mean we are to continue with the philosophy; meaning it's an impossible job for the next manager in? Or is this just another rotation of managers like we always do?

This season is over in terms of top 4, not so much due to the points but that there's so many teams between us and those spots, so are we going to push for the Europa League as a club ambition? Would rather spend a season outside of Europe than have to see us play on Thursday and then Saturday.

The danger for us at the moment is our image will take a larger hit than usual because we've sacked a legend, I think Lamps was naive to take the job so soon but I think he was played by the club a little too; showing the youth we've got a legend back to support them and get them to stick around during a transfer ban.

1 season of a transfer ban, half a season of 5 new players to settle into a club while still bedding in the academy players.

Was the Tomori loan Lamps or the club? Looks like he might either get lost on the loan system or never come back, strange decision.

I've been one of Lamps' critics but mainly because I think he favoured young players far too much, it was like he was building for a 5-10 year plan but we never keep managers that long, it would have been better to keep some of the old heads around and made it a transitional season. However as much as I've thought he has made mistakes I think getting rid of him will have a negative effect.

Again... 1 season of a transfer ban, half a season of 5 new players to settle into a club while still bedding in the academy players; not to mention Covid and quite a lot of injuries. Everyone in the league is underperforming from last season, I think we've acted in haste. Hope I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling that we'll try to replace Lamps with a new manager to the club (instead of a manager like Rafa or Grant who know the club), and it'll make things worse because the natural default is to use your most experienced players to save the season, and it'll sideline our younger players which in the long run will cost us more and leave us with players who have less of a connection with the club.

The current team is not good enough, we lack experience on a huge scale, the only way to get that experience is to play, if those players who need experience play them results will continue as they are, if we want to move up the table it means dropping as many of them as possible.

Hope the club has good floodlights, because there's a lot of fog ahead.

Edited by GURJ SS

20 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Its weird to you because you're not me.

The shining light for me that season was watching one of the finest players ,  ever to pull on a Chelsea shirt, in his finest season,  drag Sarris sorry arse over the line. 

Some players you just don't need to coach. 

I'm glad I am not you then.  More than weird, quite perverse.

Edited by Droy was my hero

22 minutes ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

I think that might be the first time we've seen a personal statement from Abramovich.

Am I correct?

He came out when we launched an anti-racism campaign a few years ago, but that's the first time he commented on football matters. 

Not convinced though as, as others have pointed out, it's just words to appease those of us pissed off he wasn't given the time a "project" (how I hate this word, but what else was it) like this requires. Re Tuchel, I'm very far from convinced. Yes he coached a bit longer than Frank, but his PSG side didn't do anything above the absolute minimum expected at a club like this and in an average league. It may work out, but please can we stop that nonsense about him getting the best out of Werner, Havertz because he was born in the same country and out of Silva. 

Que sera.....

Not at all surprised. Was a fabulous appointment for last season but I couldnt see how he and Jody were going to change our direction which was slowly slipping down the table.