• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Of course Sarri was the reason - he gave him a free role that no other manager had given him before, and accepted the impact on the defence.
Sorry, I know this is an attempt to make a reasoned explanation for hating Sarri.
It didn't work then, it works much less well afterwards.

We have seen big drop offs in performances, team positions and points in 
17/18
19/20
& 20/21.

18/19 was a significant uptick in a downwards trend.

No. You are quite wrong. Your position as Sarri fanboy (yet another minority posture) is leading you again into a manufactured and ludicrous conclusion. Hazard was usually given a relatively free role. The single biggest effect on his form was his fitness. Nothing to do with Sarri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RDC Williams said:

No. You are quite wrong. Your position as Sarri fanboy (yet another minority posture) is leading you again into a manufactured and ludicrous conclusion. Hazard was usually given a relatively free role. The single biggest effect on his form was his fitness. Nothing to do with Sarri.

Well no - but I've been on this site for many years, and I am quite confident that there are many quieter and more rational voices than the noisy few.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sarri

Be a good chap, and keep the above buffoon out of this thread, especially today.

Do you have any dignity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Well no - but I've been on this site for many years, and I am quite confident that there are many quieter and more rational voices than the noisy few.  

We are all aware of how long you have been on here. Some of us have been here even longer. None, however, have been noisier, evidenced by your Trumpian post count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well no - but I've been on this site for many years, and I am quite confident that there are many quieter and more rational voices than the noisy few.  

Oh the irony 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More from the Athletic , read it and weep:

Lampard’s relationship with influential director Marina Granovskaia deteriorated

Ralf Rangnick was offered interim job last week for four months but turned it down

Calls were made in recent weeks to sound out Leipzig’s Julian Nagelsmann

Leicester game was tipping point and morning after spent trying to finalise successor

Lampard shook players hands and thanked them for efforts under him after Leicester match

Petr Cech involved in talking to new stars’ agents as form dipped

Some players complained about lack of tactical instruction and not being spoken to for months

Desire to re-sign Declan Rice annoyed his bosses

The dressing room felt manager showed no empathy and were hurt by his public criticism

Lampard would have walked out had he been working for any club other than Chelsea

EDIT : More big info from the piece :

tensions behind the scenes really began to emerge during the January transfer window 12 months ago. Lampard asked for Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who was considering leaving Emirates Stadium at that juncture, and Ajax’s attacking midfielder Hakim Ziyech. Neither arrived that month

it was at this juncture that Mauricio Pochettino, who had been fired by Tottenham in November 2019, and RB Leipzig coach Nagelsmann were being mentioned as a potential “plan B”.

things were becoming more tense with Granovskaia and one of the biggest points of contention was the treatment of goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga. “They clashed over Kepa. Lampard put in a request for a replacement and was told he should try putting his arm around Kepa, to help build his confidence. Lampard was insistent though.”

Lampard wanted the club to sign West Ham midfielder Declan Rice and pushed for him again ahead of January. But some at the club had reservations about re-signing the player who was released from the academy as a teenager.

In December The Athletic were told: “He needs to stop pushing for Rice or he’ll lose his job. The hierarchy are very wary about the potential embarrassment of buying back an academy reject at huge expense.”

of the six players to join, only Ben Chilwell was a Lampard target.

plan was not only to acquire Rice, who Lampard felt could be converted into a top centre back as well as using him as a defensive midfielder, but also to buy James Tarkowski from Burnley. Defenders earmarked to go were Fikayo Tomori, Marcos Alonso, and Rudiger. There was even talk that Lampard was open to the idea of captain Cesar Azpilicueta departing.

after the Manchester City game, Roman became “very, very unhappy”. ( After the season relationship between Roman and Lampard was "strong"

Tuchel was reluctant to come midway through the season initially but was eventually persuaded, having almost taken the Stamford Bridge job before Antonio Conte a few years ago. He felt it was too good a job to turn down.

“The problem was, the manager didn’t talk to the players — well only the ones he liked"

One senior player told The Athletic that Lampard staying on for the rest of the season would have been a ‘catastrophe’, with the levels of tension in the dressing room to high to recover from and players comparing his criticism of performances to Jose Mourinho in his final days at the club.

By the Fulham game in early January, players were expecting Lampard to be sacked if they didn’t win

Lampard warned everyone, including the hierarchy, that a title bid was unlikely in 2020-21, that the arrivals would require patience to settle into a new league and country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only winning against Luton, Morcambe and Fulham in recent times is not enough. Sad to see it end this way but Frank didn't have answers in Prem games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brin   

It was a dream that we would have a Chelsea steeped manager, that would build a dynasty of young Chelsea trained players, that would dominate the premier for a decade. Unfortunately that's all it was, a dream and I must admit I'm gutted but it's a case of the King is dead, long live the King and if that king is Tuchel so be it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Oh the irony 🤔

absolutely, said the man who imposes his opinion on everyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

More from the Athletic , read it and weep:

Lampard’s relationship with influential director Marina Granovskaia deteriorated

Ralf Rangnick was offered interim job last week for four months but turned it down

Calls were made in recent weeks to sound out Leipzig’s Julian Nagelsmann

Leicester game was tipping point and morning after spent trying to finalise successor

Lampard shook players hands and thanked them for efforts under him after Leicester match

Petr Cech involved in talking to new stars’ agents as form dipped

Some players complained about lack of tactical instruction and not being spoken to for months

Desire to re-sign Declan Rice annoyed his bosses

The dressing room felt manager showed no empathy and were hurt by his public criticism

Lampard would have walked out had he been working for any club other than Chelsea

EDIT : More big info from the piece :

tensions behind the scenes really began to emerge during the January transfer window 12 months ago. Lampard asked for Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who was considering leaving Emirates Stadium at that juncture, and Ajax’s attacking midfielder Hakim Ziyech. Neither arrived that month

it was at this juncture that Mauricio Pochettino, who had been fired by Tottenham in November 2019, and RB Leipzig coach Nagelsmann were being mentioned as a potential “plan B”.

things were becoming more tense with Granovskaia and one of the biggest points of contention was the treatment of goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga. “They clashed over Kepa. Lampard put in a request for a replacement and was told he should try putting his arm around Kepa, to help build his confidence. Lampard was insistent though.”

Lampard wanted the club to sign West Ham midfielder Declan Rice and pushed for him again ahead of January. But some at the club had reservations about re-signing the player who was released from the academy as a teenager.

In December The Athletic were told: “He needs to stop pushing for Rice or he’ll lose his job. The hierarchy are very wary about the potential embarrassment of buying back an academy reject at huge expense.”

of the six players to join, only Ben Chilwell was a Lampard target.

plan was not only to acquire Rice, who Lampard felt could be converted into a top centre back as well as using him as a defensive midfielder, but also to buy James Tarkowski from Burnley. Defenders earmarked to go were Fikayo Tomori, Marcos Alonso, and Rudiger. There was even talk that Lampard was open to the idea of captain Cesar Azpilicueta departing.

after the Manchester City game, Roman became “very, very unhappy”. ( After the season relationship between Roman and Lampard was "strong"

Tuchel was reluctant to come midway through the season initially but was eventually persuaded, having almost taken the Stamford Bridge job before Antonio Conte a few years ago. He felt it was too good a job to turn down.

“The problem was, the manager didn’t talk to the players — well only the ones he liked"

One senior player told The Athletic that Lampard staying on for the rest of the season would have been a ‘catastrophe’, with the levels of tension in the dressing room to high to recover from and players comparing his criticism of performances to Jose Mourinho in his final days at the club.

By the Fulham game in early January, players were expecting Lampard to be sacked if they didn’t win

Lampard warned everyone, including the hierarchy, that a title bid was unlikely in 2020-21, that the arrivals would require patience to settle into a new league and country.

If this is true then our rotten culture is beyond salvation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now