• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

Just now, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

As I have said to you numerous times, which you ignore everytime. If he is/was so good here and at Juve.......why are there no clubs banging down his door to get him???????? Fiorentina are the only ones and he is on too good a screw from Juve to need that job.

You're making the mistake of assuming this is a logical and conviction-based opinion on Droy's part. He is only a Sarri fan boy because no-one else is; his contrarian fetish is what drives him because he thinks a minority position makes him appear clever and insightful. It is a deeply seated psychological need to set himself apart and thereby belittle others. I'm guessing childhood bullying, so he is more to be pitied than scolded.

• Like 1

Pulisic, Werner and Havertz are all good players and positives for the team whether they were the managers first choices or not. 

I am sure we are not the only club who buys instead of the manager. After all clubs are normally there longer than managers (particularly so in our case)

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

He might just be thinking of retirement, once he gets that money out of Juve they still owe him.
Or we might see him soon, who knows.
Allegri is still not employed.  Poch took a year out.  Mourinho took a year out.  Don't pat yourself on the back because Sarri has been collecting unearnt wages for 6 months.

I'll pat myself on the back for telling you he would last a year at Juve.

I'll also pat myself on the back for me telling you no big club will want him. Like I told you, if /when he does return. The best he can hope for at club level is Napoli, Lazio etc or the National team. He will simply not appear on the radar of any major European club. Just like he didn't for Barca, just like he didn't for Dortmund, just like he didn't for PSG and just like he won't be coming back here.

Hope to see Mount retained as captain going forward.

GURJ SS   
19 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

You mean they may not have thought this through :)

Yep, the safe appointment is Rafa as he has the most experience in both managing under difficult circumstances and the Premier League. Tuchel is a huge risk and especially mid season. We haven't got the players he needs, and he hasn't got what the players need.

2 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

You're making the mistake of assuming this is a logical and conviction-based opinion on Droy's part. He is only a Sarri fan boy because no-one else is; his contrarian fetish is what drives him because he thinks a minority position makes him appear clever and insightful. It is a deeply seated psychological need to set himself apart and thereby belittle others. I'm guessing childhood bullying, so he is more to be pitied than scolded.

You've nailed it here. He is a professional contrarian, to the point that it's actually quite bizarre and like nothing I've ever really seen before. Not sure why anyone still bothers to engage with him. It is utterly pointless.

How's not the time for people to be falling out with each other,we are all Chelsea supporters, and people need to remember this is Chelsea fc NOT Lampard fc.

we need to separate Lampard the player from Lampard the coach.

99% on here agreed he was going to be sacked in the near future, I personally thought he would have been sacked after the Arsenal game.

Who can blame Roman? If you spend over 200 million on new players you would expect the team to improve, but we've gone backwards.

looking at Lampards selection against Luton makes you wonder if he wanted to be sacked or if he already knew he was going?

Why the obsession with Christensen and kepa, to continue to not give Alonso another chance, but play Emerson.To send Barkley out on loan but keep Jorgino, and then dump Tomorri but keep Christensen and Ruddiger

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9183797/Frank-Lampard-set-sacked-Chelsea.html

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Just read the article. Couple of things spring to mind when reading it: 

1) Granny is incredibly powerful. It sounds like you literally live and die by her opinions. This is something that I have inferred previously through snippets other players have said, but I have not seen it really laid out like this. 

2) The Athletic seem to be a club mouth piece similar to Marca for Real. The article felt at times like a bit of a hit piece on SFL. That or they have no clue at all and are guessing. 

As for what has happened today, it is incredibly sad. SFL is my second favourite player of all time after JT and I would've loved nothing more than him to succeed. However, you could tell the vibe around the club wasn't good and we know what happens when this happens. 

As for Tuchel, I am amazed we have gone for him, his personality isn't to dissimilar to Conte's. I hope that the club only give him a 6-18 month contract as I do not see him lasting much longer. 

1.  She is just the woman that says "Sorry Frank, we found someone new".
2.  I couldn't find a story in there that I hadn't read before - could you?

Tuchel - yes - if he comes I hope it is just for 6 months.

3 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I'll pat myself on the back for telling you he would last a year at Juve.

I'll also pat myself on the back for me telling you no big club will want him. Like I told you, if /when he does return. The best he can hope for at club level is Napoli, Lazio etc or the National team. He will simply not appear on the radar of any major European club. Just like he didn't for Barca, just like he didn't for Dortmund, just like he didn't for PSG and just like he won't be coming back here.

He still has been a great manager for Napoli, Chelsea and Juve.
I'm really not sure why you think being a Sarri doubter is to your credit.

The moneyball quote would be "We are not selling jeans here".

Edited by Droy was my hero

47 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm glad I am not you then.  More perverse than weird.

Me too. I wouldn't want to be someone who thinks there is no comparison in achievement between those two coaches first season.

One coach is a veteran coach of 20 years. He had a transfer window, brought in his own players ( including his favourite and linch pin from his previous club) , has access to undeniably the best player in the league who contributed to 50% of the goals that season. He gets top 4 and wins EL. 

The other coach is a PL rookie who doesn't have that genius player who can create or score 50% of the clubs goals because we sell him... he doesn't have any transfers to replace him either. He uses the opportunity to trust some young academy products and put them on the world stage. He has inherited a keeper that is going from bad to worse... but also gets to top 4 and gets to a cup final which sadly we didn't win ( due to some dreadful reffing). 

One of these coaches threw in the towel because he had a better offer , the other fought to the bitter end and would probably die for this club.

So I'll tell you what Droy, you stick with your man and I'll stick with mine. If that makes me weird or perverse in Droy world, I will take it.

• Like 1