• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

2 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

JT was on talksh*t last night talking to Cundy and Goldstein, saying he's really enjoying himself working along side with Dean Smith & Co at Villa

Aha - so he's looking for a change of scene. Can't see JT and Spudulike in the same club though. And SFL has always seemed someone who makes his own way, so Uncle 'Arry might not get the family connection. 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Harry I hear is tipping JT for the job (while no doubt putting his own money on someone else).

Oh, weird 🤔

Frank says Hi 😳

40 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

he's not going to say anything else, is he?

He was on to talk about the fund raising he is doing and pushing for donations, letting people know he’s auctioning more of his memorabilia  

Him being at villa was a sidebar conversation and unscripted. Hence is comment about how he’s enjoying life at the villa. 

Put it like this JT did sound like he was about to unsticks, it was more of a case of enjoying being a part of a team pushing for a top 6 place. 

There again I could be completely wrong. 

Bison   

Pathetic really. Considering his rubbish coaching ability you would think he would try to be a better man manager than that.

paulw66   

You can take this with as much of a pinch of salt as you like, and this may sound a bit loose but.... a good friend of mine who is a ST holder in the West Stand, works with a chap whose best mate was* the no2 in the communications team at Chelsea.  

*he left recently to join McLaren

He commented that the last month or so of SFL's tenure was very difficult. Morale in the squad was very low, and the wheels were clearly coming off, but the club were reluctant to do /say anything because of his status as a club legend, but in the end, it was untenable and they were left with little choice. 

I know it all sounds very 3rd or 4th hand, but it is quite believable when you look at the nature of the performances etc. 

26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You can take this with as much of a pinch of salt as you like, and this may sound a bit loose but.... a good friend of mine who is a ST holder in the West Stand, works with a chap whose best mate was* the no2 in the communications team at Chelsea.  

He commented that the last month or so of SFL's tenure was very difficult. Morale in the squad was very low, and the wheels were clearly coming off, but the club were reluctant to do /say anything because of his status as a club legend, but in the end, it was untenable and they were left with little choice. 

I know it all sounds very 3rd or 4th hand, but it is quite believable when you look at the nature of the performances etc. 

Except clearly if they hired TT they must have spent at least some of the last month in negotiations with him/his agent.  And TT certainly gave me the impression that he had been watching Chelsea videos for a few weeks already.
What I take out of it is that even the No2 in the communications team doesn't really know what goes on behind the scenes.

But of course when he says "the club" he means the outward facing part of the club.  He doesn't mean Marina upwards.

Bison   
21 hours ago, paulw66 said:

This all sounds very believable. The atmosphere around the club reminded me of the last days of Mourinho's second stint.

16 hours ago, Bison said:

This all sounds very believable. The atmosphere around the club reminded me of the last days of Mourinho's second stint.

Except we weren't on as bad a run as Klopp now, Arteta earlier this season, OGS last season, Mourinho last couple weeks at Spurs... but none of those situations were "untenable", right?

If we are going based on the blatantly obvious, then I would say it seems fair to say SFL fell out with Marina, wasn't allowed to clear out certain members of the dressing room and looked to be in a difficult job.

And, by the way, Tuchel's doing great, isn't he? Drab football, alienating some of the squad already and rumours out there that the club actually didn't want him! They went after Ragnick instead. Explains the nice and short contract they gave Tuchel.

2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If we are going based on the blatantly obvious, then I would say it seems fair to say SFL fell out with Marina, wasn't allowed to clear out certain members of the dressing room and looked to be in a difficult job.

It's fan fantasy though, isn't it? Nobody here knows if Frank fell out with Marina. Nobody.

He was sacked, and that's that. 

And, by the way, Tuchel's doing great, isn't he?

Which has nothing to do with Frank. And yes, since you asked, Tuchel isn't doing too bad.

and rumours out there that the club actually didn't want him! They went after Ragnick instead. Explains the nice and short contract they gave Tuchel.

Of course, it doesn't 'explain' anything. Guess what (if you haven't worked this out already), the media don't know anymore than you or I do. 

7 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

And, by the way, Tuchel's doing great, isn't he? Drab football, alienating some of the squad already and rumours out there that the club actually didn't want him! They went after Ragnick instead. Explains the nice and short contract they gave Tuchel.

They chose not to sign Rangnick.  Did Chelsea only offer a short contract or did TT insist on it?  Only TT and 3 or 4 people at the club know.