• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Official: Frank Lampard Sacked As Chelsea Head Coach

On 2/21/2021 at 11:16 AM, Droy was my hero said:

They chose not to sign Rangnick.  Did Chelsea only offer a short contract or did TT insist on it?  Only TT and 3 or 4 people at the club know.

According to Tuchel it was the clubs decision. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

And what would he say if it was his own decision?

I'm sure you can tell the rest of us. 

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

It was a rhetorical question because I thought it was so obvious.

Really? I can’t find many reasons why a manager would want a short-term contract with us. 

Like Tuchel himself stated in an interview recently. It bugged him at first but it doesn’t mean anything really. I don’t agree with him, of course it matters. A longer contract will give him a bigger payoff if he’s sacked. He doesn’t have many, if any, incentive to want a short contract. 

chara   

TT has 18 months to prove he should be offered an extension or decide he wants to move on without some of the "complications" a longer contract would entail.

An extension would give TT a chance to raise his paycheck if his job performance earns an increase....no progress no offer..good progress offer?

Wonder what is the thinking at Spuds about length of terms..(not sure what JM was given and can't be bothered to look it up.)

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Really? I can’t find many reasons why a manager would want a short-term contract with us. 

now you are changing your own topic.  

JaneB   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Pity.  I'm sure Sarri would have done just as well as TT, and probably started a few months earlier.  And he is a proper manager.

Not that I give a lot of credence to stories on UK clubs coming out of Italy.  
But I wonder if that is why the players all started playing Sarriball this season.