• Current Donation Goals

I just searched to see when the last member signed up to this site - we are missing fresh blood!!

image.thumb.png.50ea22ab4ec81454d9b48df9bd5d7884.png

So other than an Admin account, there has been no new member for over 12 months.  But 30 or 40 in the earlier months of 2018.

Something I guess is screwed up - probably the dialog for registering through.

No wonder the same old arguments with the same old people keep coming up again and again......

I'll pm MT too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I just searched to see when the last member signed up to this site - we are missing fresh blood!!

image.thumb.png.50ea22ab4ec81454d9b48df9bd5d7884.png

So other than an Admin account, there has been no new member for over 12 months.  But 30 or 40 in the earlier months of 2018.

Something I guess is screwed up - probably the dialog for registering through.

No wonder the same old arguments with the same old people keep coming up again and again......

I'll pm MT too.

I've replied to your PM. And I'll send a note to the owners. Not sure that anything will get done though.

No reply from the owners as yet, of course.

But just for the record: Right now there are 30 people on the site (10 registered members/20 'guests'), which is pretty average for this time of day at your end.

56 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

No reply from the owners as yet, of course.

But just for the record: Right now there are 30 people on the site (10 registered members/20 'guests'), which is pretty average for this time of day at your end.

I wonder if any of those guests are trying to sign up.  It is a bit odd to have 20 guests a day and none sign up for a year.
And a very very cheeky point here.  I note someone registered themselves as an admin in November.  So presumably there is a manual alternative to get new members registered.

I guess that is irrelevant until there is some clear idea of wannabe member numbers.
Is there anyway to survey that?

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I wonder if any of those guests are trying to sign up. 

Most likely, I'd have imagined. And maybe they've been trying for months.

It is a bit odd to have 20 guests a day and none sign up for a year.

Yep.

And a very very cheeky point here.  I note someone registered themselves as an admin in November.  So presumably there is a manual alternative to get new members registered.

I'll have a look, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'registered themselves"?

I guess that is irrelevant until there is some clear idea of wannabe member numbers.
Is there anyway to survey that?

Survey numbers from which period? Say, November to now? But if you're seeing a member who has signed himself up, you should be able then to see the figures yourself? No? What am I missing here?

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'll have a look, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'registered themselves"?

I meant this guy - IPS support.  He/She found a way.  Doesn't post much mind  :)image.thumb.png.2ef8402afdac411c18e7a64fdd56e048.png

(These three came up in a member search for since June 1st 2018.  But there are quite a few earlier members for Jan to June 2018)

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Survey numbers from which period? Say, November to now? But if you're seeing a member who has signed himself up, you should be able then to see the figures yourself? No? What am I missing here?

You're missing the same thing that is eluding me - a way to find out how much hidden demand there is for membership.  Tricky.

I suppose the site could appeal for anecdotal evidence.  Perhaps a thread "do you have friends who are trying to register on CFCnet - let us know".

Or even a banner or thread:   "want to register for the site - let us know" with an email address.

But I guess you  have limited admin access, otherwise you would have fixed the registry problem.

I guess a good starting point might be a Q&A thread inviting anyone having signing in problems to email to a  xxxx@gmail/CFCnet.co.uk

13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I meant this guy - IPS support.  He/She found a way.  Doesn't post much mind  :)image.thumb.png.2ef8402afdac411c18e7a64fdd56e048.png

He's part of Root Admin - the owners, if you like. Which is why he doesn't post much.

( a way to find out how much hidden demand there is for membership.  Tricky.

Not sure that I have the energy tbh, and since 'they' don't respond, it seems a bit pointless.

But I guess you  have limited admin access, otherwise you would have fixed the registry problem.

No. 

I guess a good starting point might be a Q&A thread inviting anyone having signing in problems to email to a  xxxx@gmail/CFCnet.co.uk

No. 

37 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Not sure that I have the energy tbh, and since 'they' don't respond, it seems a bit pointless.

100% sympathetic to that.

I have messaged a few members with  questions on a variety of subjects, but as of right now, I've received no replies. Bit disappointed, tbh.