• Current Donation Goals

6 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I have messaged a few members with  questions on a variety of subjects, but as of right now, I've received no replies. Bit disappointed, tbh. 

I forgot my other suggestion to Admin (if you find them) - can we add a few extra Bytes to the message inbox size.  It is a pain to clear out old messages, and as they are only text they must take up very very little memory by 2019 standards.

Perhaps that is why no one is getting your messages.

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I forgot my other suggestion to Admin (if you find them) - can we add a few extra Bytes to the message inbox size.  It is a pain to clear out old messages, and as they are only text they must take up very very little memory by 2019 standards.

Perhaps that is why no one is getting your messages.

I'm not sure that members aren't getting messages - from what I can see, they're just not responding to them! Mind you, that could simply be because I don't understand the system.

When you go to the system page, there are a few message alerts at the top of the page: VERSION 4.4.4 OF INVISION COMMUNITY is available and includes a security update (I tried to activate it, but nothing happens). And then theres: reCAPTCHA 1 has reached End Of Life.  Other than that, nothing.

You know, at least with Peter Sampson, you would get a response, even if it took a couple of days! Unless somebody from the owners makes contact soon, I'm going to check the whole thing in, and go and do something more productive. Surely there must be other Chelsea fan forums out there that are decent and functioning?

3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

You know, at least with Peter Sampson, you would get a response, even if it took a couple of days! Unless somebody from the owners makes contact soon, I'm going to check the whole thing in, and go and do something more productive.

You owe nobody anything.    
But if I try another forum there is some bloke pretending to be me there, and I can't reclaim my nick!!

BTW - all the female TV reviewers are saying that new Yossarian is a lot sexier than the old one.  

33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You owe nobody anything.    
But if I try another forum there is some bloke pretending to be me there, and I can't reclaim my nick!!

Yes, there is that.

BTW - all the female TV reviewers are saying that new Yossarian is a lot sexier than the old one.  

Sexier? Who cares? Haven't seen this version yet (clips, yes), but Alan Arkin was the perfect Yossarian, imo.

10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sexier? Who cares? Haven't seen this version yet (clips, yes), but Alan Arkin was the perfect Yossarian, imo.

Well I might well be updating my Marlborough man for a sexier younger version very soon.

No contact at all from CFCnet admin. Not a word. They obviously still exist, or I'd imagine that these forums would be gone too. So, I have no idea what they're up to, or how that will impact this joint. Most of the Mods appear to be long gone, but I'm having a crack at a couple. JaneB is helping me out with contacting a few old members, and giving me names to follow up. 

Have been in contact with a few inactive members (including Sleeping Dave, etc), but to be honest a couple are a bit disturbing and worrying. For example, JP's log in here says that he's not to be contacted under any circumstances! He's also not responded to his other email address. Very unlike James, unless there's a serious problem. And Seafoot doesn't respond at all - Jane thinks that he is/was very/seriously ill. If that's true, then it's a terrible shame.

Thanks to Bob Singleton, we've located James Prescott on Twitter, and it's reasonable to assume that he'll be back on the Transfer Forums now (soon).

Chatted to Sleeping Dave, and pretty sure he'll also be back soon.

Sea Foot still hasn't responded. Not looking good. I'm afraid. 

CFCnet Admin is as dead as a dodo. Doesn't make sense to me that you'd buy something and then not talk? I'll give it one last try with them, and then I'm done.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Thanks to Bob Singleton, we've located James Prescott on Twitter, and it's reasonable to assume that he'll be back on the Transfer Forums now (soon).

Chatted to Sleeping Dave, and pretty sure he'll also be back soon.

Sea Foot still hasn't responded. Not looking good. I'm afraid. 

CFCnet Admin is as dead as a dodo. Doesn't make sense to me that you'd buy something and then not talk? I'll give it one last try with them, and then I'm done.

It'll be good to hear from Dave again after so long but I really hope Seafoot is well.  Jane, any updates? 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

It'll be good to hear from Dave again after so long but I really hope Seafoot is well.  Jane, any updates? 

No updates as far as I know, because he's not responding. 

5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Still not a peep. Again I'll say - if you buy something like this, then surely you want to get a return" Surely, you'd like to attract new members, and keep the one's you already have. All we have now if a bunch of forums (as good as they are!) that require updating, and fixing the technical problems that exist - now if the owners can't be bothered with that, then why did they buy them from Peter Sampson?

The questions I've asked, aren't difficult ones, so I'm wondering what they're doing, apart from sitting on their hands? No idea, tbh, but it's becoming really annoying, and disappointing as every day goes by.