• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   
20 hours ago, Ham said:

It'll be good to hear from Dave again after so long but I really hope Seafoot is well.  Jane, any updates? 

As Michael has said, sadly no update on Seafoot because he's not responded.  Don't know what else we can do.

I asked one of our best former posters to consider coming back, but very politely he has declined which of course is his choice.  I'm working my way through a few more names so fingers crossed.  Let's hope with the new season and an exciting new manager (!), a return to discussions on here will prove irresistible!!!

Quite apart from enticing members back to the forums (important that we don't give up!), is the fact that new members can't register. I see a few every day try to join, but the system simply doesn't allow it. And the owners fail to respond to questions (either they don't get them, or they choose to ignore them (it has to be the former, surely?)). As I've said before, I don't understand why these people would spend money buying the site/forums, and not want to see it function properly? I've tried (and tried) contacting them over the past couple of weeks, to no avail.They won't be left with much if that continues.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Quite apart from enticing members back to the forums (important that we don't give up!), is the fact that new members can't register. ..

I see a few every day try to join, but the system simply doesn't allow it. 

Agreed.
Interesting.  Shame

37 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Agreed.
Interesting.  Shame

Look, we obviously can stay the way we currently are. Our members can still chat amongst each other, and get their Chelsea hit. And it's generally a pleasant place to be. However, the new owners' silence and inaction is very, very frustrating, because it could be so much more. I'm still staggered by it, tbh. I've tried every address I can find to make contact with 'them', to no avail. Seriously, what the f**k did they buy the joint for?

Hold that thought..........I just tried another address I found (INVISION COMMUNITY - they're the owners), and received a reply! It's an acknowledgement of my email, but they say that someone will get back to me within a couple of hours! And it doesn't look like just another auto response, so, maybe.....?

Well. that'll teach me! I did get a reply, which asked me to login in with my licensed account - which of course, I don't possess. Sent a reply back to 'Rhett', telling him that I wasn't the owner, and don't have a license. Be interesting if I get a reply this time....:). What has become pretty obvious though, is that whoever did buy the site from PS, don't care about it much.

^ As you say, though, it does make their decision to buy the site and forums an odd one if they then do nothing to increase membership and therefore their ad revenue

7 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

^ As you say, though, it does make their decision to buy the site and forums an odd one if they then do nothing to increase membership and therefore their ad revenue

Yes Bob, very peculiar even for Americans......:). I'm now running out of ideas that might get us somewhere. The only way forward is to go on as we are, unless somebody out there can suggest a 'fix'.

Ham   
6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Look, we obviously can stay the way we currently are. Our members can still chat amongst each other, and get their Chelsea hit. And it's generally a pleasant place to be. However, the new owners' silence and inaction is very, very frustrating, because it could be so much more. I'm still staggered by it, tbh. I've tried every address I can find to make contact with 'them', to no avail. Seriously, what the f**k did they buy the joint for?

Sounds like money laundering to me 😌