• Current Donation Goals

32 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

He always looks like he’s standing over the ball when he passes so that the pass ends up choked. He does it under pressure and even does it when there’s no one around him. It’s very peculiar.

Indeed. I think if it were not for the ban we would sell him. However, with the ban he does need to stay really unless we gamble massively on Ampadu at CB, which I think is unlikely. 

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Notice Ugbo is wearing Hudson-Odoi's number 20 shirt (everyone is wearing what they wore last season, or in Bakayoko's case, the season before last)

Does this mean we might offer Callum the number 10 shirt as a sweetener to get him to sign a new deal?

It’s been reported several times over the last few months (at least on more than one occasion) that CHO will be offered the #10. 

I think it’s a given he’ll get it. 

kev61   
4 hours ago, Holymoly said:

He always looks like he’s standing over the ball when he passes so that the pass ends up choked. He does it under pressure and even does it when there’s no one around him. It’s very peculiar.

Yes it seemed to me every ball he kicked was not natural as if he was trying to bake a cake for the first time from a list of ingredients and instructions given to him.

Sciatika   

Can someone explain something to me? I have never had a Sky subscription and did Chelsea TV through the web site. No live games except preseason but I get commentaries and other programs and watch the games a little later. Both systems had a subscription but the web site is what I can afford. I am not sure how the app works because I regard it as an annoying thing that keeps using my phone to pass on scurrilous rumours and gossip. Anyway, when they cancelled the Sky version, not much changed for me except that there is now no live programming but rather access to a database of programmes, live matches, reports and other content that are regularly added to. This is a much smaller change than it might seem once you get your head around it. Anyway, I thought the purpose of the change was to allow Chelsea TV direct access to revenues that used to be rinsed through Sky. I think Chelsea TV will still pay for access to match content for its web site either through the licence holder or the PL (not sure which). Preseason games are part of that content.

If that is to work, why would we expect ChesleaTV to show matches for free? Have I missed something here?

Edited by Sciatika
typo

Ham   
16 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Can someone explain something to me? I have never had a Sky subscription and did Chelsea TV through the web site. No live games except preseason but I get commentaries and other programs and watch the games a little later. Both systems had a subscription but the web site is what I can afford. I am not sure how the app works because I regard it as an annoying thing that keeps using my phone to pass on scurrilous rumours and gossip. Anyway, when they cancelled the Sky version, not much changed for me except that there is now no live programming but rather access to a database of programmes, live matches, reports and other content that are regularly added to. This is a much smaller change than it might seem once you get your head around it. Anyway, I thought the purpose of the change was to allow Chelsea TV direct access to revenues that used to be rinsed through Sky. I think Chelsea TV will still pay for access to match content for its web site either through the licence holder or the PL (not sure which). Preseason games are part of that content.

If that is to work, why would we expect ChesleaTV to show matches for free? Have I missed something here?

I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to expect to watch meaningless pre-season games for free. 

Sciatika   
26 minutes ago, Ham said:

I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to expect to watch meaningless pre-season games for free.

I can understand that. Maybe that seems excessive to charge for that. From some social media posts, I was getting the impression that people were expecting that games would be free in general especially to STHs or members. But, CTV is not CFC. I suspect they could have made things free but they have a bottom line.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

What do you think we have ? A billionaire for an owner ?

Ham   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I can understand that. Maybe that seems excessive to charge for that. From some social media posts, I was getting the impression that people were expecting that games would be free in general especially to STHs or members. But, CTV is not CFC. I suspect they could have made things free but they have a bottom line.

Yes it was me who mentioned the membership and STH costs and how that should really cover these pre-season friendlies.  

I think we're heading towards a time when all PL games are available by subscription to allow fans who can't get to all Chelsea games to watch them all live as opposed to watching whatever Sly and Vermin media decide to show.  

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Agreed.  I can imagine that the number of people who have paid for these games is very low, and will casue a rethink.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Make it free, and have adverts. I suspect they would make more from advertising if lots are people are watching for free, than charging and having nobody watch. 

I watched it on the link someone kindly posted for free , go me .