• Current Donation Goals

Just now, Conte Kante said:

RE: Ampadu, he was not perfect but I still think he was one of the best on the pitch. The rest I agree with, apart from Palmer, whilst I also do not know what Kenedy is doing at LB, as he is definitely a AM. 

I counted 19 defenders out of a squad of 38.  Quite why anyone would want to make Kenedy the 20th defender and not an AM I don't know.  I guess it is the only way for SFL to get a look at him in a match situation.

For some light entertainment From another Chelsea forum, FFS where do these people come from

That was dreadful. Don’t give me the bit about it’s ‘pre-season’. The players don’t need to re-learn how to play football having been off for a month. Bohemians is barely a professional side, and ours should be pissing on these. The only players who look serviceable are Pedro, Azpi, and Willy. The rest? Oh my. I’m not saying sell them all, but several need loans and it’s readily apparent a few will never make it at top level – they simply don’t have the requisite basic skill.

Wait, I retract that. Sell Drinkwater for anything. Get him off the books.

Notice Ugbo is wearing Hudson-Odoi's number 20 shirt (everyone is wearing what they wore last season, or in Bakayoko's case, the season before last)

Does this mean we might offer Callum the number 10 shirt as a sweetener to get him to sign a new deal?

Well observed, Bob, I'd missed that one. Maybe you're right. Hope it works

Holymoly   

Billy Gilmour really does look a player.

Seems odd Alonso and Luiz aren't involved seeing as neither had international duty. Seems a bit pointless a) playing Kenedy out of position and b) playing Maatsen, Chalobah and Guehi instead who have extremely slim prospects of being in the first team squad when looking at the options ahead of them.

Holymoly   
1 minute ago, blue moon said:

Didn't he play for Pink Floyd?

Ba dum Tss!

2 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Seems odd Alonso and Luiz aren't involved seeing as neither had international duty. Seems a bit pointless a) playing Kenedy out of position and b) playing Maatsen, Chalobah and Guehi instead who have extremely slim prospects of being in the first team squad when looking at the options ahead of them.

6 more friendlies after this. I imagine that many if not all of the U-18s and U-23s who have played tonight will be discarded from the pre-season squad after our two Irish games. Maybe Alonso and Luiz had very minor niggles and it was thought better not to play them than risk things getting worse.