• Current Donation Goals

9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Billy Gilmour really does look a player.

Looks like a modern version of Jody Morris

3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

6 more friendlies after this. I imagine that many if not all of the U-18s and U-23s who have played tonight will be discarded from the pre-season squad after our two Irish games. Maybe Alonso and Luiz had very minor niggles and it was thought better not to play them than risk things getting worse.

Mahbe. Seems unlikely having a niggle after 4 weeks off and Luiz said today he had been keeping fir over summer. 

Seeing as we have a new manager, and so many will be discarded, it seems a bit of a waste playing those few who realistically won't be playing this season, even if it is just the first friendly and they are making up the numbers.

Only an observation, but Frank has been the antithesis of 'animated on the touchline' tonight. Not even lifting his pen to take a note! I'm sure it won't be like that when the football proper starts.

Ham   

Lampard out!

Only watched H2.  Zappacosta seemed to be the only player who knew just who the oppo were.
No one impressed.

Holymoly   

I'm not convinced we were playing with 11 players in the second half. Ugbo, Piazon, Maatsen, Bakayoko...were they even on the pitch? Lewis Baker tended to slow down everything that came through midfield. Izzy Brown showed some skills, as did Gilmour but to all intents and purposes it was a collection of individuals who finally gave up a goal to opponents who were playing as a team.

Not sure what that will have told Frank. Maybe that Ampadu, Brown and Gilmour deserve time on the pitch with the first team later in pre-season. They all showed a degree of class that is to be nurtured.

Bakayoko, considering he is a adult with experience of playing in top teams, was absolutely shocking tonight. That said, the 2nd half team was pretty dire. For me Gilmour was the only one who showed enough flashes to warrant more time. Zappa was ok but had the same old consistency problems, while Zouma still looks like he cannot pass properly. 

Holymoly   
17 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Zouma still looks like he cannot pass properly. 

He always looks like he’s standing over the ball when he passes so that the pass ends up choked. He does it under pressure and even does it when there’s no one around him. It’s very peculiar.