• Current Donation Goals

xCELERYx   
25 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Being single minded is one thing but he has never struck me as a "thinking" footballer. He is the quinessential fox in the box. Most of his attempts missed the target and in more than a couple of instances the better option was to lay it off. I won't argue that he is our next best option after Giroud but what I am saying is that he is not ideally suited to being in a two.

He's better with a partner imo because it helps offset what he lacks in his game to play the role of a lone CF. Frustrations aside with his decision making, I'll take his willingness to have a pop and miss over not having one at all. 

I suppose we'll just agree to disagree. 

Great goal from Giroud

Chelsea beat St Patrick's Athletic for Frank Lampard's first win

Frank Lampard won his first game as Chelsea manager as they beat St Patrick's Athletic 4-0 in a pre-season friendly in Dublin.

Mason Mount ran on to Mateo Kovacic's pass to open the scoring before Emerson Palmieri netted from outside the box.

Olivier Giroud, one of 11 half-time changes, turned home Kenedy's cross and added a late fourth.

The Blues drew 1-1 with Bohemians, another Dublin side, in Lampard's first game in charge on Wednesday.

Michy Batshuayi and Ross Barkley hit the woodwork for Chelsea against St Patrick's Athletic.

JaneB   
3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

He's better with a partner imo because it helps offset what he lacks in his game to play the role of a lone CF. Frustrations aside with his decision making, I'll take his willingness to have a pop and miss over not having one at all. 

How very refreshing :-)

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

He's better with a partner imo because it helps offset what he lacks in his game to play the role of a lone CF. 

CF better in a pair.   Reminds me of our CBs who play better in a 3.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well quite; I'd find my job easier if someone else was doing all the bits I'm crap at!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pre season and you've already started . That's true dedication. 

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Well quite; I'd find my job easier if someone else was doing all the bits I'm crap at!

Maybe you'd be more productive if you worked in tandem with someone who complemented your skills ?

5 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Well I'll agree with all of that. 

tizerist   

It's good that he tried that 4-4-2. For too long Chelsea managers have all but dismissed it, even in friendlies

Edited by tizerist