• Current Donation Goals

40 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

From his post-match interview, it sounds like he will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH5inxY_qlg

I'm not having a pop at Sarri or Conte or any foreign manager, but  it felt so good to listen to a coaches thoughts and plans in perfect English. The bit about adapting formations during games and prior to games  and making ourselves awkward opponents was particulaly welcome to hear. 

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

As an aside the last 2 forwards I remember to work well in tandem and compliment each others strengths and weaknesses were Dixon and Speedie. Although Drogba sometimes worked well with a partner even though he had no weaknesses. 

Guddy and JFH

Jasonb   
11 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I don't think anyone thinks of Bats as our future number 9 but this season we have to work with what we have. If we count out Morata we have Tammy, Giroud and Bats . If Lamps is going for a front two we could chuck Pedro into the mix or even Alonso, but Bats is not a bad option imo in a front 2. 

As an aside the last 2 forwards I remember to work well in tandem and compliment each others strengths and weaknesses were Dixon and Speedie. Although Drogba sometimes worked well with a partner even though he had no weaknesses. 

I see Bats as an option when we are playing a team clearly playing for a point and you need a good finisher from the bench to supplement what you have on the pitch. Of course it will require sacrificing a defender or midfielder yet if he wins us games from the bench he could have a role to play this season. 

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I don't think anyone thinks of Bats as our future number 9 but this season we have to work with what we have. If we count out Morata we have Tammy, Giroud and Bats . If Lamps is going for a front two we could chuck Pedro into the mix or even Alonso, but Bats is not a bad option imo in a front 2. 

I don't disagree that we'll get more out of Bats in a two. I guess though I wonder about where we'll have to lose a player to have two up top, and what the consequences of that will be. Pains of an unbalanced squad, I guess. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Transfer ban:  SFL pretty much announced the transfer ban in the interview above.  Not seen it said till now, although he made a cryptic comment some days ago.  A very odd way for the club to announce something, but I guess I have to accept it as happening now.  Tough season for Frank ahead.  And for whoever he picks too.

About time too!!!  The club pretty much 'announced' it themselves quite a while ago when they lodged their appeal with the CAS but didn't, at the same time, ask for the ban to be suspended pending the appeal. Not sure why you couldn't see that, your obstinacy notwithstanding.

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

About time too!!!  The club pretty much 'announced' it themselves quite a while ago when they lodged their appeal with the CAS but didn't, at the same time, ask for the ban to be suspended pending the appeal. Not sure why you couldn't see that, your obstinacy notwithstanding.

No - they could have announced no ban appeal then, or at any time over the past two months.  Still anyone with a different opinion to yours is usually called obstinate.

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Personally, I like Bats as a character and a finisher. But I've seen enough to think he's not good enough for where we are or want to be. 

The trouble is , Giroud is great as the hold up guy but not so great as the goal scoring guy , Bats is a goal scoring guy but can't be the hold up guy . Playing both of them gives you a hold up guy and a goal scoring guy which is better than nothing .

I think he's good enough for where we are .

Its Where we are that  isn't good enough .

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Its Where we are that  isn't good enough .

5 players and about 30 make weights.
Pulsilic, CHO, Abrams and Christensen 2 or 3 years short of where we want them.

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

5 players and about 30 make weights.
Pulsilic, CHO, Abrams and Christensen 2 or 3 years short of where we want them.

What are you basing your assessment of Pulisic on? I didn't think you watched the bundesliga. I'd be surprised if you followed the USMNT.