• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Borussia Mönchengladbach 2 Chelsea FC 2

1 hour ago, chara said:

played a couple of times with him in totally unimportant games.

If I'd have just kicked around a can in the street with a 70s Chelsea player it would be a treasured memory. 

I had a soft spot for Mickey Droy. As a kid he looked like something that you'd find at the top of a bean stalk but I can't recall many bad games (although I'm sure he was far from perfect!). Where is he now I wonder??

52 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

If I'd have just kicked around a can in the street with a 70s Chelsea player it would be a treasured memory. 

My treasured memory is talking to a guy in the same office building who once trained as a youth with Chelsea in the 70s

Still think Top 4 is not beyond us, but 6th might be more realistic.

chara   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

My treasured memory is talking to a guy in the same office building who once trained as a youth with Chelsea in the 70s

Ah Droy..appreciate your view but lost count of the guys back in the day who...{ "I was at …….. choose your club...as a junior)….different times of course not the highly sophisticated set ups now..used to watch Chelsea juniors play at the Welsh Harp Chelsea training ground...

1 hour ago, chara said:

Ah Droy..appreciate your view but lost count of the guys back in the day who...{ "I was at …….. choose your club...as a junior)….different times of course not the highly sophisticated set ups now..used to watch Chelsea juniors play at the Welsh Harp Chelsea training ground...

That was my point really - I never met real footballers.  

kev61   
10 hours ago, chara said:

OK..Two opposing views...I knew Mickey Droy...played a couple of times with him in totally unimportant games. Not a friend and I doubt that he would remember me and why should he. Must be over 40 years ago but kev,,it as our Droy says …. always gave everything on the pitch unlike some we can name ...

Couldn't pass?..hmm..I played for a long time and have forgotten many many games and incidents but one of the things I remember is making a perfect run into a penalty area..(had the brains but not the skill!..I was a natural keeper after all!)..Mickey from the edge of our area hit a perfect pass that landed at my feet wide of the oppo goal..I completely messed it up but that pass is one of the memories I carry.

Please don't recreate history. Droy was a Chelsea man...leave it at that.

One last thing...I was at Brentford one time when Mickey was there and along with my son-in-law..Spurs man but good for all that...both winced and shuddered as Mickey went through an oppo player like a cruise missile...don't see that sort of commitment these days!

I played with Norman Whiteside at junior level - I could see he was a cut above - I also played with several players that went to Luton from(under David  pleat) these shores.MD was all heart but a tube non the less.

Edited by Michael Tucker
You can't say that!