• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 2 Chelsea FC 2 (Liverpool wins 5-4 Pens)

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Uefa Super League Cup match against Liverpool, at Vodaphone Park before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 5pm, Wednesday 14th August, 2019 (UK times to be confirmed).

15 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Is it?  This is on the back of one men's game in Ligue 1 between 2 bottom half teams.  She may be on the Ligue 1 list for the coming season, but she certainly hasn't seen much PL level football from up close, let alone Liverpool vs Chelsea.

I'm a great fan of the female linesman.  Can't remember her name (usually a good sign with the men in black) but I have never ever seen her make a mistake.
I'd be very happy to see women come through the ref list on merit.  Positive acceleration if they meet the standards. 
But as far as I can tell she has reffed 1 mans game to date, and her career has been made in the womens game.

I know what I would feel if I were a French football official having reffed years at non-league and lower league football, but was still waiting for a Ligue 1 place.  If they have any women linesmen there they must be fuming to see someone come through via "slow football".

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is it?  This is on the back of one men's game in Ligue 1 between 2 bottom half teams.  She may be on the Ligue 1 list for the coming season, but she certainly hasn't seen much PL level football from up close, let alone Liverpool vs Chelsea.

I'm a great fan of the female linesman.  Can't remember her name (usually a good sign with the men in black) but I have never ever seen her make a mistake.
I'd be very happy to see women come through the ref list on merit.  Positive acceleration if they meet the standards. 
But as far as I can tell she has reffed 1 mans game to date, and her career has been made in the womens game.

I know what I would feel if I were a French football official having reffed years at non-league and lower league football, but was still waiting for a Ligue 1 place.  If they have any women linesmen there they must be fuming to see someone come through via "slow football".

I think she has reffed in Ligue 1 already 

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think she has reffed in Ligue 1 already 

As I said once only.  Strasbourg committed 21 fouls and got 3 yellows, which seems pretty lenient to me.
But I don't think she came through the men's game.  Which is why I think those reffing the traditional route in France are being shafted.

(I admit I missed that first time, and re-wrote the post)

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is it? 

Yes it is, you old misogynist!

JaneB   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sian Massey-Ellis.

Oh come on Droy!!!  Are those the best descriptions you can come up with?  In the gender/trans minefield we live in these days, I have no idea what is acceptable, but surely female match official/assistant referee would have been better?

33 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sian Massey-Ellis.

Thanks  yes she is great.  Taken the same career ladder as the men, and as far as I am concerned done a lot better.  Why isn't she lino in CL games alongside our best refs?  That is unfair bias.  

35 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Oh come on Droy!!!  Are those the best descriptions you can come up with?  In the gender/trans minefield we live in these days, I have no idea what is acceptable, but surely female match official/assistant referee would have been better?

I know - nightmare isn't it.

I used to take a lot of interest in chess.  There is one decent woman, a Hungarian, Judit Polgar, who reached world top 10 for a while.  She has spent all her life competing in open chess, and never in women's chess.  She has done brilliantly and never received any advantage for being female.  That is sporting achievement.

Ham   
48 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sian Massey-Ellis.

I think the acronym LGBTQWERTY includes linesperson.  You can never be too careful.